Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Ravens Talk: All off topic conversation goes here!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BearsFanForever

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: This Aint Ravens Talk: All off topic conversation goes here! Reply with quote

Hey, just thought I start a This Aint Football Talk in your Thread, since I am a Maryland resident, and a half ravens fan, half bears fan.

What are you guys doing with all this snow?
Its already around 4 feet of snow at my place. Everytime couple hours I have to go remove another foot of snow it seems.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No snow here in Florida Cool

My dad says it has been blowing like 50 mph since like noon yesterday.

Free Ray Rice
Integrity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst part of shoveling all this mess is finding somewhere to put it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Michigan and we want our snow back. Laughing

It's already February and we've yet to have an actual snowstorm, at least one that we've been accustomed to. It's 34 degrees and it's dry outside! Shocked
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racoona wrote:

It's already February and we've yet to have an actual snowstorm, at least one that we've been accustomed to. It's 34 degrees and it's dry outside! Shocked

This. We got some snow today where I'm at though, but nothing like the past. Cold and dry = one hell of a boring/miserable place.
DanFS#7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not Maryland, but in Denmark, the winter has also hit us hard. Several parts of the country are pretty much shut down because of the snow.

Now we are talking geography/demography - what are the Maryland area like?

I have an idea of Maryland being like a city like Chicago, quite european being pretty laid back, with some land districts where people are drunken rednecks while not being a farm people.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanFS#7 wrote:
Its not Maryland, but in Denmark, the winter has also hit us hard. Several parts of the country are pretty much shut down because of the snow.

Now we are talking geography/demography - what are the Maryland area like?

I have an idea of Maryland being like a city like Chicago, quite european being pretty laid back, with some land districts where people are drunken rednecks while not being a farm people.

Well it depends. Baltimore City Downtown parallels that metropolitan feel of NY only with much smaller buildings (and more grass.)

You have the Inner Harbor that offers a more relaxed feel to it like most any seaport, these are the pictures you'll usually see during Ravens games as M&T Bank Stadium isn't far from the Harbor. It's the biggest tourist spot.

You have Baltimore County, which is a bit like you described above. Depending on where you go, it can be some farmland but for the most part is suburban classification.

Maryland on the whole is nicknamed "America in Miniature." because it has so many different types of climate in such a small state. Most of the population lives in urban and suburban areas, but there is a great amount of rural area throughout the state.

The population size is just under 6 million people. The Demographic breakdowns are somewhere in the area of 60% white, 30% black, 6% hispanic, 5% asian.

EDIT: Wikipedia is great at covering all the details.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland#Demographics
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Maryland for the blizzard two months ago. Crazy stuff. We went up from High Point and outran the snowsotrm at first, then got stuck in the hotel on Saturday and wtahced NFL Network for most of the day.

One great story, though: there was only one place that was open, a crappy Italian restaurant. I decided hey, why not eat outside, in the middle of a blizzard? So we did. And we waved to people who passed by. And they thought we were crazy.

It was fun.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
racoona wrote:

This. We got some snow today where I'm at though, but nothing like the past. Cold and dry = one hell of a boring/miserable place.

I would kill to be snowed-in during the Superbowl assuming I already bought all the necessary stuff. It's still dry where I'm at. The sun hurts my eyes. Laughing
BearsFanForever

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it only got up to 40 inches of snow where i am at here in Pasadena, MD, but we are still waiting for snow plows to get rid of this snow, but for the most part, the town survived, but luckily I got a snow day today, and loving it.

Superbowl was a blast, had a few friends over, who had their 4-wheel drive vehicles. So all was good.
BaltimoreRavens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

For all you DC/Northern MD Folks More snow on the way !!!! Starting tomorrow around noon I hear.
BaltimoreRavens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Breaking News: Kyle Boller is an idiot.

He has been engaged to Carrie Prejean. Happy for him but I am disappointed. I'm sure Kyle values my opinion with high regard.
MikeyBaltimore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BearsFanForever wrote:
Well it only got up to 40 inches of snow where i am at here in Pasadena, MD, but we are still waiting for snow plows to get rid of this snow, but for the most part, the town survived, but luckily I got a snow day today, and loving it.

Superbowl was a blast, had a few friends over, who had their 4-wheel drive vehicles. So all was good.

Where about in Pasadena are you from? I live in Linthicum myself but I was snowed in up that way for a few days.

I think, really, the Jolly Roger is the appropriate course of action.

Baltimore Orioles Win Tracker: 2
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

BaltimoreRavens wrote:
Breaking News: Kyle Boller is an idiot.

He has been engaged to Carrie Prejean. Happy for him but I am disappointed. I'm sure Kyle values my opinion with high regard.

Nice. WTG Kyle.

Free Ray Rice
BearsFanForever

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeyBaltimore wrote:
BearsFanForever wrote:

Where about in Pasadena are you from? I live in Linthicum myself but I was snowed in up that way for a few days.

Off of Catherine Avenue and DuVall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: