Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD10 v.1 : Buffalo Bills War Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: FFMD10 v.1 : Buffalo Bills War Room Reply with quote

It's that time of the year boys. FFMD is back, and hopefully this year will be just as fun as previous seasons. I am honored to announce that I have been chosen as the GM of the Buffalo Bills, and I would like to thank whoever it was that eventually came to this decision. It was unexpected, especially given the fact that I was late in signing up, and there were multiple requests before me to be the GM of the Bills. I don't know how this decision was made, but I can assure you that I will do my best to represent us well. I now have the responsibility of setting up my staff. I have a few of you in mind for specific positions if you are interested, but if you're not, please don't pull a Bill Cowher and leave me hanging in anticipation. Wink A prompt response to my offer will be much appreciated. If there is a position you have your eye on, then please feel free to PM me with your request. If you do not feel you can fulfill the duties you are signing up for, please refrain from requesting a position. If you're not officially named to the staff, your input is still welcome. Below you will find a list of all the FFMD GMs and their respective teams.

Buffalo - BeastM0de23RB
Miami – G_Lucs101317
New England – finn54
New York Jets – Karmaloop

Baltimore – MikeyBaltimore
Cincinnati – Carson4MVP
Cleveland – mistakebytehlak
Pittsburgh – steelcurtain29

Houston – CAS22
Indianapolis – wayne87reggie
Jacksonville – JonesDrew32
Tennessee – Finnreception

Denver –elliot878
Kansas City – Chiefsxfanx88
Oakland – Riceraider8080
San Diego – mgoblue44

Dallas – Lone_Ranger90
New York Giants – Gmen
Philadelphia –mm6492
Washington – footy_29

Chicago – GOGRIESE
Detroit – FootballPhreak
Green Bay – Kiwifan94
Minnesota – Vikes_Bolts1228

Atlanta – chipperboy1
Carolina – james.mcmurry13
New Orleans – Raves
Tampa Bay – bucstopshere

Arizona – love2theOLINE
St. Louis – chris00cm
San Francisco – kaybra
Seattle – Tatupu_64

Here are the war rooms:

Arizona Cardinals War Room
Atlanta Falcons War Room
Baltimore Ravens War Room
Buffalo Bills War Room
Carolina Panthers War Room
Chicago Bears War Room
Cinncinati Bengals War Room
Cleveland Browns War Room
Dallas Cowboys War Room
Denver Broncos War Room
Detroit Lions War Room
Green Bay Packers War Room
Houston Texans War Room
Indianapolis Colts War Room
Jacksonville Jaguars War Room
Kansas City Chiefs War Room
Miami Dolphins War Room
Minnesota Vikings War Room
New Orleans Saints War Room
New York Giants War Room
New York Jets War Room
Oakland Raiders War Room
Philadelphia Eagles War Room
Pittsburgh Steelers War Room
San Diego Chargers War Room
San Francisco 49ers War Room
St. Louis Rams War Room
Tampa Bay Bucs War Room
Tennessee Titans War Room
Washington Redskins War Room

I will quote the message given to me regarding our current roster, which can be found here (Buffalo Bills Roster)

Quote:
And, finally, here’s a list of all of the rosters of players currently under contract and your team’s raw salary cap. This is the amount of money you have this offseason NOT COUNTING players already under contract. Remember, we are operating without a CBA, so you get 60 percent of total revenue made as money to spend on players.

If any of you have questions, feel free to PM me, and I will try to get you the answers as soon as I can.

If I'm understanding correctly, the FFMD cap rules will be a little different this year due to an uncapped year. As I receive the details, I will keep you all updated. Let's get started boys. Time to build a championship contender!!!

P.S. If you have any requests/recommendations in regards to additions to our War Room thread, feel free to share them.

JB: Any chance we could get this stickied???

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.

Last edited by BeastM0de23RB on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFMD Blogs

Purple-Pride07's FFMD Blog
ohiostate#1's FFMD Blog

Important Threads:

FFMD-10 v.1: General Manager Accouncement/More Info
FFMD-10 v.1 Roster Threads
FFMD-10 General Discussion
FFMD-10 Trade Council Thread
FFMD-10 The Negotiation Table (Free Agency/Contracts

(Borrowed from marshawn lynch's 2009 thread)
The Jobs

- General Manager– Will make all of the final decisions and is in control of everything ranging from submitting trades to making draft picks. However, this position weighs equally amongst the staff in terms of opinion and everyone’s say should be accounted for before he determines the best route for the team. Each member will greatly influence his decisions.
- Assistant GM – 2nd in line to the GM and assists the GM in all areas. He will explore trade options around the league and all trade offers are directed through him to then announce in the war room for discussion. If the GM is unavailable the Assistant GM is able to make draft picks and post UFA bids. Only the GM and Assistant GM have this ability.
- Head Coach – Has a key part in all decisions, but his focus is mainly on the team itself, rather than looking for trade options, etc… The draft board should be of importance to him as adding players he views as a fit for the system is critical.
- Capologist – This position will be featured more this year. This person is in charge of maintaining and keeping tabs of the current cap numbers of the team. At all times the team must account for enough cap space to make an offer and have enough cap space to make draft picks. The responsibility for correct figures will lie in his hands and an excel spreadsheet for constant updating is usually helpful. A 53 man roster must be maintained as well.
- Offensive Coordinator – Helps decide needs and works with the offensive scouts to look for help on offense. Focus on potential UFA’s and picks that could help this side of the ball.
- Offensive Scout – Is responsible for helping out with info on all offensive players, college and pro.
- Defense Coordinator -- Helps decide needs and works with the defensive scouts to look for help on defense. Focus on potential UFA’s and picks that could help this side of the ball.
- Defensive Scout -- Is responsible for helping out with info on all offensive players, college and pro.
- Positional Scout – This will be position specific. RB scout will look into RB’s, LB scout will look into potential LB’s to add to the team.

Buffalo Bills FFMD10 v.1 Staff

GM: BeastM0de23RB
Assistant To The GM: Maxmw22
Director Of Player Personnel: jb_gobills
Director of College Scouting/Head Scout: don4593
HC: marshawn lynch
OC: mkkost84
DC: BigBillsFan13
O Scout: Buffalo_Kid
D Scout: Kswift
QB Scout: leeevans83d
RB Scout: DKTurtle51
WR Scout/Writer: bigbadbuff23835
WR/TE Scout: mob16151
OL/DL Scout: thedishere
LB Scout: Tk3
Defensive Backs Scout: Goodfry (Poster formerly known as Rob223)
Scout: bills123
Scout: vstarr
Director Of Media Relations: SDninetyeight

(More positions may be created)

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.

Last edited by BeastM0de23RB on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:01 pm; edited 22 times in total
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Salary Structure Without a CBA:

The FFMD-10 v.1 will be operating under the premise that there will not be a CBA this offseason. Under that procedure, teams will have the necessary funds to spend 60 percent of the total revenue that the team has. Unlike past years, teams will also be able to spend money on signing draft picks and will be able to trade franchised players pending contract reconstruction (both of which must be PMed to the trade council in order to ensure a trade, but that will be explained in a later thread.) This is the amount of money that each team will have to spend in total. Any players already under contract should be deducted from your cap space posted on this list:

Buffalo Bills 222M [133M cap]

Quote:
Tagging/Releasing Period:

Monday, February 15th will begin the tag/release period. A thread will be created in the GM Mock Draft forum at this time with necessary franchising costs, including a couple of exceptions. This is what you should be preparing for once the War Room's are in place. This period includes pre-free agency preparation as well. During this period, the staff will look over their cap situation and roster and decide if they would like to use the franchise tag and who they'd like to release before free agency. All teams must be under their set cap before heading into the RFA period.

If a team has already tagged or released a player in real life, that is counted in FFMD-10 as long as it happened up to Monday, February 8th at midnight EST. Any “real world” transactions that occurred prior to this time will be reflected in the rosters for this draft. Any “real world” transactions that occur after will be excluded. We're blank-slating the rosters, so it's the GM's baby to make sure your key players are kept, not the meddling views of the "real world."

Limit:
133M

Current Amount Tied Up In Contracts:
87.686M

Players With Largest 2010 Pay:

Marcus Stroud - 6.495M (4.2M base salary, 2.295M Bonus; both guaranteed money)

Aaron Schobel - 6.025M (base guaranteed)

Donte Whitner - 4.414M (2.445M base salary, 1.969M bonus)

Depth Chart

Offense

QB: Donovan McNabb / Ryan Fitzpatrick / Trent Edwards / Brian Brohm
RB: Fred Jackson / Marshawn Lynch / BenJarvus Green-Ellis
FB: Corey McIntyre

Z-WR: Lee Evans
X-WR: Terrell Owens / James Hardy
Y-WR: Roscoe Parrish / Steve Johnson / Justin Jenkins
TE: Shawn Nelson / Derek Shouman / Jonathan Stupar /
LT: Demetrius Bell /
LG: Andy Levitre
C: Geoff Hangartner /
RG: Eric Wood / Richie Incoginto
RT: Brad Butler / Kirk Chambers / Jamon Meredith /

Defense

RDE: Kyle Williams/ Marcus Stroud / Corey Mace
NT: Lonnie Harvey
LDE: Justin Bannan / Spencer Johnson / John McCargo

SOLB: Aaron Schobel / Chris Ellis
SILB: Kawika Mitchell
WILB: Paul Posluszny / Nic Harris
WOLB: Aaron Maybin

CB1: Terrence McGee / Drayton Florence / Ellis Lankster
CB2: Leodis McKelvin / Reggie Corner / Ashton Youboty

SS: George Wilson / Donte Whitner / John Wendling
FS: Jairus Byrd / Donte Whitner / Cary Harris

Special Teams

K: Rian Lindell
P/H: Brian Moorman
LS: Garrison Sanborn
KR: Leodis McKelvin / Fred Jackson
PR: Roscoe Parrish / Fred Jackson
ST: John Wendling / Jon Corto / Ashlee Palmer / Justin Jenkins

Exclusive-Rights Free Agents

RB Justice Hairston
TE Jonathan Stupar
C/G Christian Gaddis
LB/S Jon Corto
LB Marcus Buggs
CB Cary Harris

Restricted Free Agents

QB Gibran Hamdan
TE Derek Schouman
TE Joe Klopfenstein
OT Jonathan Scott
OG Richie Incoginto (Re-Signed 4 years, 13.05M with 5.3 million guaranteed)
LB Keith Ellison
CB Ashton Youboty
FS George Wilson (Re-Signed 4 years, $16M with 10M guaranteed.)

Unrestricted Free Agents

WR Terrell Owens
WR Josh Reed
OG/C Seth McKinney
OG Kendall Simmons
DE Ryan Denney
LB Chris Draft
LB Josh Stamer
LB/SS Bryan Scott
FS Todd Johnson

Trade Block

?

Draft Picks

01.09.009 (To PHI) 01.24.024 (via Donovan McNabb trade)
02.09.041 (To DET) 02.02.034 (via Detroit)
03.09.072 (To DET) 03.02.066 (via DET) 03.29.093 (via MIN, traded to PHI)
04.09.104 (To PHI) 04.23.118 (via PHI)
05.09.136 05.15.142 (Via DET (f/DEN)) 05.30.157 (Via MIN)
06.09.168 (To NE) 06.12.171 (Via CHI)
06.23.183 (from Philadelphia via Jason Peters trade)
07.03.194 (from Detroit via Ko Simpson trade)

Trades/Signings

TBA

Financial Structure Of Other Teams/Players

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins

Last edited by BeastM0de23RB on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:20 am; edited 12 times in total
don4593

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad you chose to be the GM this year. Myself doing it last year was a lot of work and everyone had a ton of contrasting input.

Id love to help where every you need me

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to welcome 2 new staff members.

Maxmw22 : Assistant to the GM

BigBillsFan13 : Defensive Coordinator

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the new Head Coach.

Also BM23RB here are some more jobs that will need to add to the OP.

Director of College Scouting – Helps decide needs and works with the national scouts to develop a big board for the draft.
- President of Player Personnel – Is responsible for developing a free agency target list. Projecting trades with other teams and reviewing players on all levels both college and pro.
- Director of Media Relations -- Will report to the writers with feedback and information relative to the news of what is happening with the organziation.
- National Scout -- Will evaluate draftable players. This can be position specific or not. RB scout will look into RB’s, LB scout will look into potential LB’s to add to the team.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to welcome our new Head Coach marshawn lynch, our new Head Scout don4593, and our new Defensive Coordinator BigBillsFan13

BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
I am the new Head Coach.

Director of College Scouting – Helps decide needs and works with the national scouts to develop a big board for the draft.
- President of Player Personnel – Is responsible for developing a free agency target list. Projecting trades with other teams and reviewing players on all levels both college and pro.
- Director of Media Relations -- Will report to the writers with feedback and information relative to the news of what is happening with the organziation.
- National Scout -- Will evaluate draftable players. This can be position specific or not. RB scout will look into RB’s, LB scout will look into potential LB’s to add to the team.

Thank you for the input, and welcome to Buffalo. The director of College Scouting is also our Head Scout, and that will be don. I added the Director Of Player Personnel, and I'm currently attempting to fill that as we speak. I think adding a National Scout would be a little redundant given don's responsibilities. I agree we need to add Director of Media Relations, and I will do that now.

don4593

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Im really exited for this years!

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
I am the new Head Coach.

Thank you for the input, and welcome to Buffalo. The director of College Scouting is also our Head Scout, and that will be don. I added the Director Of Player Personnel, and I'm currently attempting to fill that as we speak. I think adding a National Scout would be a little redundant given don's responsibilities. I agree we need to add Director of Media Relations, and I will do that now.

Yeah I agree. I just copied and pasted the new jobs that they didn't have last year.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I welcome the newest offensive coordinator mkkost84.

BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need a good capologist. While Max and I will do our best, doing it alone could prove time consuming as we have other things to worry about (like firing our training and conditioning staff Wink ) Any takers would be appreciated. If this were an ad in the newspaper, it would probably include a statement regarding a desire for someone with strong math skills lol. You can PM me your request to fill this position, and a test will be mailed to your home address. If you have any questions, just dial 1-800-Beast Mode. (This request is 100% serious in nature.....before the "lol" occurs that is. Just PM me.)

BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
I would like to welcome 2 new staff members.

Maxmw22 : Assistant to the GM

BigBillsFan13 : Defensive Coordinator

Thank you to BM23RB. I am proud to be part of this staff, which I must say is looking quite good IMO, and would love to hear any and all input, defense related, that anyone would like to share.
This is going to be a lot of fun.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: FFMD10 v.1 : Buffalo Bills War Room Reply with quote

BeastM0de23RB wrote:
I will quote the message given to me regarding our current roster, which can be found here (Buffalo Bills Roster)

Quote:
And, finally, here’s a list of all of the rosters of players currently under contract and your team’s raw salary cap. This is the amount of money you have this offseason NOT COUNTING players already under contract. Remember, we are operating without a CBA, so you get 60 percent of total revenue made as money to spend on players.

If any of you have questions, feel free to PM me, and I will try to get you the answers as soon as I can.

It looks like they are missing some players on Buffalo's roster:

OT Nick Hennessey, DT Kyle Williams, LB Josh Stamer and LB Ryan Manalac are all under contract.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: FFMD10 v.1 : Buffalo Bills War Room Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
BeastM0de23RB wrote:

Quote:

It looks like they are missing some players on Buffalo's roster:

OT Nick Hennessey, DT Kyle Williams, LB Josh Stamer and LB Ryan Manalac are all under contract.

Thanks JB. I missed that. I will PM the right ppl.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 1 of 122

Jump to: