Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Any quick pass rushing DT's?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wquez7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Any quick pass rushing DT's? Reply with quote

Knowing Monte Kiffens D, he will want a fast pass rusher that can pressure the QB and force turnovers. Is anyone familiar with a fast DT that fits this description that may be available at our slots?
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well by the way running back are turning out maybe a bigger and heavier d-limen would be better to stop the run, since we still have Buger McFarland anyways for the speed.
faygo34

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Patterson is probably the best fit for our system. and i was thinking about that big run stuffing DT as well but in the later rounds. but probably just use the guy in running situations. i was thinking maybe anthony bryant of alabama.
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anothony Bryant, yeah he'd be good, what round his projected round? Also for o-line Alabama has a huge one and probably get him in the 3rd round, Britt. He's like 300 lbs and only 8% body fat, I think he is like 6'7. Also we need a awesome kicker like Nugent.
faygo34

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea which round he'll be drafted in hopefully someone with more knowledge than i will come and straighten us out but according to nfldraft countdown hes the 14th best DT so i would say we could at least get him in the 4th. I like Britt as well but at this time i like any lineman to come in for the bucs.
haggis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

screw taking a DT on Day 1. thats a waste. A DT will not help Tampa be a better football team over taking Mike Williams, Derrick Johnson or the like.

Players I want drafted

Round 01 : WR - Mike Williams (USC) - Red Zone PLaymaker
Round 02 : RB - Ciatirck Fason (Florida) The Back we've needed
Round 03 : OT - Calvin Armstrong (Washington State) Huge OT
Round 03: K - Mike Nugent (Ohio State) A real kicker not named Gramatica
Round 04: RB - Darren Sproles (Kansas State) Change up back and Tampa's Dante Hall
Round 05: FB - Kyle Eckel (Navy) Alstott clone?
Round 05: WR - Larry Brackins (JUCO) Big WR lots of potential
Round 06: TE - Alex Holmes (USC) This kid makes the grabs
Round 06: DE - Jim Davis (Virginia Tech) Big and fast
Round 07: RB - Jabari Davis (Tennessee) Aalsways good to draft a Volunteer RB

Thats a nice damn start
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with most of those, Mike Williams is possible so is Cedrick Benson, Braylon Edwards wouldn't be out of the question if we trade down a little bit, same thing with Ronnie Brown or Carnell Williams. I wouldn't over look Brit in the third round; Nugent would be a great pick but should get him in the second round or if we trade down possibly pick him up later in the second depending on the stipulations of the trade down.
faygo34

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with those picks but why do we pick 3 running backs? and we do need a DT you want darby or wyms starting again next year?
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right but I dont think it's a major problem to be fixed going into next year. Darby is alright and well do since spires is stepping up maybe he could move over and let White have his spot.
haggis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always need RB because we have to look at Pittman and Garner. They both suck. Need a starter to replace them. Sproles really serves as a changeup back but primarily giving us a weapon on Special Teams that we have never had. and any back in Round 7 this year would be a wise choice
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I was watching the North and South game, I'd look out for Jerome Mathis, he's fast and can make something out of nothing. Probably go in the third round now.
cowboys=bigtimeoffseason

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if BP is serious about switching to the 3-4 which he wants to real bad Glover could very well be on the block.....
Bucsfan47

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of people are comparing Mike Patterson to a young Warren Sapp so he is one to be considered. This is what I would like Tampa to do in the first half of the draft. After free agency this will be more clearly defined.

Rd1-Ronnie Brown-RB, Aub/Mike Williams-WR, USC
Depends on who we pick up in FA, if no big name wr or rb is picked up I would want Ronnie Brown. He is the most complete back(running,blocking,receiving) and he is huge. His size helps when running behind an average oline.

Rd2-Mike Patterson-DT, USC
Baby Sapp says it all, we get a Sapp-like DT that is fast and tough. He will instantly help our pass rush and run stopping.

Rd3-Wesley Britt-LT, Ala
This guy is big and dominating and should challenge for the job right away, if he doesnt get it then he is a solid back up at a key position.

Rd3-Jason Campbell-QB, Aub
This guy is a proven winner and will come in competing for at least the backup spot. He has good poise and is a decent scrambler.

Rd4-Mike Nugent-K, OS
I freakin HATE Ohio State and the blind [inappropriate/removed] refs that called pass interference against Miami, but this doesnt need much explanation. He is the best kicker in the nation.

And I am not an Auburn or USC fan btw....Da U all the way!!!!
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggis wrote:

Round 01 : WR - Mike Williams (USC) - Red Zone PLaymaker
Round 02 : RB - Ciatirck Fason (Florida) The Back we've needed
Round 03 : OT - Calvin Armstrong (Washington State) Huge OT
Round 03: K - Mike Nugent (Ohio State) A real kicker not named Gramatica
Round 04: RB - Darren Sproles (Kansas State) Change up back and Tampa's Dante Hall
Round 05: FB - Kyle Eckel (Navy) Alstott clone?
Round 05: WR - Larry Brackins (JUCO) Big WR lots of potential
Round 06: TE - Alex Holmes (USC) This kid makes the grabs
Round 06: DE - Jim Davis (Virginia Tech) Big and fast
Round 07: RB - Jabari Davis (Tennessee) Aalsways good to draft a Volunteer RB

If tampa got that draft i would be really happy. I want too draft Eckel and sproles both really badly.
iluvya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd4-Mike Nugent-K, OS
I freakin HATE Ohio State and the blind *** refs that called pass interference against Miami, but this doesnt need much explanation. He is the best kicker in the nation.

yea that call was not very pretty and no1 really talkes about that call. it was bull crap. But nugent is a beast and if nessicary draft him in the 2nd round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: