Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team Needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Team Needs Reply with quote

Can you give me a list of team needs in order of most important so i can make a good mock draft thanks
socalscholar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: team needs Reply with quote

Giants Team Needs

1. OT
2. MLB
3. WR
4. FS
Skip2MiLew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, im gonna have to say that the giants dont need to focus THAT much on OT, especially since there dont seem to be any robert gallery types this year. once health, maybe with the aid of free agency, our line should be fairly solid. i think we need some sure hands to replace the ones shockey lost and taylor are still finding. i also feel that d needs to be a little stiffer, a mlb would be of much help

1. MLB
2. WR
3. OT
4. RB
5. FS
sorozco

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Giants needs Reply with quote

Giants needs:

1. MLB
2. DT
3. OT
4. WR
5. RB

Definitely need a middle linebacker. Greisen and Lewis are way too slow.
marc1838

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. OT
2. MLB
3. OLB
4. WR
5. SS/CB
socalscholar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Giants' Needs Reply with quote

Team Needs

1. OT, preferably Left
2. MLB
3. WR
4. PK
5. FS
Joro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id go with WR at no.1, toomer has deteriorated into more of no.2 wr, and ike sucked and plus he is gonna be a cap casualty. they should take chris henry, roddy white, troy williamson or mark clayton if he falls. no.2 need is prob MLB, but ed hartwell and kendrell bell are both FA's and Giants will prob make an effort to snag one. no.3 is a LT, this would turn the giants average line into a strength. snee and diehl are ready to dominate at guard, o'hara gave a great effort at C, and Petitgout is pro bowl caliber on the right side. no.4 is DT. Fred Robbins, Osi Umenyiora, and Mike Strahan project to be 3/4 of a great line, but William Joseph or Kendrick Allen arent sure things at the 2nd tackle spot. better bring in someone for depth and possibly battle for the starting job. no.5 is RB, they need someone to spell tiki. ron dayne is finally gone, and mike cloud isnt what they need. no.6 is FS assuming they cut Shaun Williams. Gibril Wilson kicked [inappropriate/removed] at safety last year, but alexander was short of impressive, he is more of a backup.

in addition they have needs at backup QB and a blocking TE, but both of those would be better filled by cheap vets in free agency.

Big Blue doing big things in 2007-08
marc1838

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joro...

No OT? I agee that WR is a concern, and it looks like the Giants are showing a lot of interest in signing Bell, so that might clear way for a WR in round 2. Also, I think depth is nice, but at this point I still think there are a few too many holes to fill in the starting lineup. Also heard the Giants will be looking to sign Jay Fiedler as a backup QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: