Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DB in Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clownworth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: DB in Draft Reply with quote

I have all the faith in Bill to do the right thing when it comes to putting his team on the field. With the ways things are going its looking more and more like they will go with a DB in the draft and with that said lets just hope that we dont end up with another Chris Canty.
andrew91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god....Chris Canty sucked....Yeah, god I hope we dont f up again with somone like him, or a draft class like what we got in '97

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some luck or maybe a small trade up they could get the Pacman. That would be sweet.
andrew91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer Rolle over Packman, but Miami players ome with Miami problems

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i've been reading packman is the better of the two. I dont really know though cause i havent seen much of either
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But his name is Pac-Man
RD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather have Rolle. PacMan isnt rising because of what he did on the field, he's rising because of the hype around the 40 time he'll run.

Ill take Rolle, Miller, Rodgers, and Jackson over PacMan.
andrew91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Pacman is a bit like Deanglo Hall, except with less coverage skils

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its safe to say though that we probably won't be seeing to much more of Hank Poteat in a Pats uniform anymore
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Antrel Rolle is a hell of a player. Pac Man is good, but i thought Rolle was just so tough to throw on last year.
rblevens

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GulfBayWarriors wrote:
I think Antrel Rolle is a hell of a player. Pac Man is good, but i thought Rolle was just so tough to throw on last year.

I would love for Rolle to fall to us...He is great in run support and in coverage. He certainly has the size/ability/versatility to play any position in the Pats DBackfield.

I am confident that either Miller or Rogers will fall to us on draft day. I would even be happy if Marlin Jackson fell to us. I don't know if BB would like him or not bc he has had some off the field problems, but they were two years ago. I don't really have a good impression on Brandon Browner. He has great size and stuff but I don't think he is that solid in coverage. I can see him becoming a great safety, and that would be an option only if Wilson moves to corner, which is highly unlikely.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I've seen a couple of mock drafts now (not that they mean anything) but some people are pick the Pats to grab a saftey with their first pick. Now I dont know if that practicle with Wilson turning into be one of the best young FS in the league and with Harrison being the leagues best SS, and with last year's draft they have 2 very good young safties so why would the draft one. Bellichek didnt move wilson out of the safety spot during the playoffs when everyone thought he was going to. Why would he do it now?
tdfast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolle is probably better, or at least a safer pick but you won't get him that late. Jones could be had with a small move upward and would provide some great talent to the corner spot.
rblevens

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdfast wrote:
Rolle is probably better, or at least a safer pick but you won't get him that late. Jones could be had with a small move upward and would provide some great talent to the corner spot.

Jones doesn't really fit the scheme. As RD said, every Pats fan would take Miller, Rogers, Jackson, and Rolle before Jones. Kiper is a dumb [inappropriate/removed] and doesn't know what he is talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you guys even talking about Pac and Rolle. There is a ZERO% chance that he`ll fall to 32!!! That`s very close to not even being a first round pick. There are handfulls of teams that will be looking for corners this year. We are the team that picks last. Which means were not getting one of the best CB`s in the draft...he will be good whoever he is. But he will probably be the 4 or 5 CB picked.

Deadpulse on the sig!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: