Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Marshall Be Back? Not Likely!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Will Marshall Be Back? Not Likely! Reply with quote

http://twitter.com/fs3142/status/7374458384

This was posted 3 hours ago. No surprise here. It was obvious he didn't want to stay here. There is one thing I can't stand and that is quitters.
broncs4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...we're gonna have a 1st and 3rd for him! That's all i can say!

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sucks. a home grown receiver is a special thing. the bust rate of drafting receivers is so high. fingers crossed that whoever we draft doesnt bust.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking about that since awhile but i'm pretty sure Marshall already knew (before the season started) that he will quit after the season. His agent maybe convinced him that Denver will not trade him and he should go out and play and that's what he did...and now he's happy because he had a very good season and many teams will want his service.

Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
sucks. a home grown receiver is a special thing. the bust rate of drafting receivers is so high. fingers crossed that whoever we draft doesnt bust.
I couldn't agree with you more. He is arguably the most talented offensive player in Broncos history behind Elway of course. I am ready to move on as a fan. He isn't what I want to root for. We have been led down this road to many times. It is truly a shame.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncs4life wrote:
I've been thinking about that since awhile but i'm pretty sure Marshall already knew (before the season started) that he will quit after the season. His agent maybe convinced him that Denver will not trade him and he should go out and play and that's what he did...and now he's happy because he had a very good season and many teams will want his service.
After this season you have to think he is worth at least a 1st and 3rd. With all the RFA going it may be a first and a player or something along those lines. We could see alot of player trades in March.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncs4life wrote:

How do you figure? He's forced his way out and his trade value will suffer for it.

My guess is, McDaniel's settles for a 2nd round pick when no one gets involved on a 1st round pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
broncs4life wrote:

How do you figure? He's forced his way out and his trade value will suffer for it.

My guess is, McDaniel's settles for a 2nd round pick when no one gets involved on a 1st round pick.

It's gonna take at least a 1st for him. He's gonna be a RFA so if we can't trade him for a first, he's gonna stay here. I hope we will not recieve a 2nd round pick only....maybe Suggs and a 2nd but not a 2nd round pick alone...

Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
broncs4life wrote:

He's a RFA. He has to be tendered with a 1st and a 3rd and that's what they'll ask for or he stays. He's over a barrel either way.

Thanks, Tzimisce
CG1124

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
broncs4life wrote:

No way! There is a lot of teams desperate for receivers and many of them would give up a lot to get a receiver as good as marshall and just because he's forcing his way out doesn't mean a team won't pay a lot. look at the Cutler trade, he didn't want to be here and we still got 2 firsts and more for him!!!

^DWILL2LIVES7ON^
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
broncs4life wrote:

Just like Jay Cutler right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncs4life wrote:

Exactly.

You can say what you want about his attitude or whatever. The fact is, on Sundays, he does work. The knock all last year was with his home life. This year it was on the field. The fact is, he has changed his act off the field. On the field, he can be immature at times. He's a young reciever who is good for 100+ catches, 1000+ yards and his TD will continue to increase.

As much as I hate the say it, Marshall is fine as long as things are going his way. I'm pretty sure if he wants out that bad, a change of scenery and a 40 million dollar contract will make him happy. I don't care who you root for, you can't honestly tell me you don't think he's worth at least a first. I wonder what Al Davis would give up for him.
broncs4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGeorge2 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncs4life wrote:

Exactly.

You can say what you want about his attitude or whatever. The fact is, on Sundays, he does work. The knock all last year was with his home life. This year it was on the field. The fact is, he has changed his act off the field. On the field, he can be immature at times. He's a young reciever who is good for 100+ catches, 1000+ yards and his TD will continue to increase.

As much as I hate the say it, Marshall is fine as long as things are going his way. I'm pretty sure if he wants out that bad, a change of scenery and a 40 million dollar contract will make him happy. I don't care who you root for, you can't honestly tell me you don't think he's worth at least a first. I wonder what Al Davis would give up for him.

I would like to know what's Al Davis would give for Marshall....but i don't want to see him in black and silver Evil or Very Mad

Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
BayArea07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could definitely see the Ravens making a strong bid for him.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
broncs4life wrote:

Franchise QBs are the hardest position to come by and have a higher value.

The teams out there I could see making that bid. Chicago (no 1st round picks), Dallas (invested heavily in Roy Williams), Baltimore (seems like a match made in heaven).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: