Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday thread- Broncos vs. Kansas City
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Gameday thread- Broncos vs. Kansas City Reply with quote

Thought I'd give the live thread a go since no one else is having much luck Crying or Very sad

vs.

Venue: Invesco field at mile high stadium
time: 2.15 MDT
channel: CBS

Key matchups

knowshon Moreno vs. Jamaal Charles
Moreno has had a decent albeit not great rookie season, 103 yards will give him a 1000 yard season but his ypc is a mediocre 3.8. Charles started out as the #2 in Kansas city but after the infamous twitter row saw larry johnson cut he's exploded onto the scene averaging 5.2 ypc and needs 139 yards to reach 1000. The first game of this rivalry showed the importance of establishing the run buckhalter having more than a buck in a blowout broncos win. Buck is back from injury and could plkay well but my guess is knowshon will carry the load. IMO if either knowshon or charles reaches 1000 yards then he'll be on the winning side.

Kyle Orton vs. Chiefs secondary
Josh McDaniels is known to favour the pass and KC's passing D is the 19th in the league. The broncos are 18th in passing but have crept up the table throughout the year as our O becomes more pass heavy. KC are bound to catch on to how much of our passing game is geared towards Brandon Marshall and double cover him. there should be plenty gaps for royal, scheffler, stokley and gaffney, but will mac choose to use them? if he does we have a favourablematchup.

Broncos OL vs. Chiefs DL
It's no secret our OL has regressed this season. Weigmann has been plain awful. Chris Kuper has dropped his standards and Ryan Harris is hurt(his replacement tyler polumbus is an ok run blocker but garbage in pass protection.) Ben Hamilton, who was disappointing early in the year before being benched, is favourite to get the start ahead of seth olsen to replace the injured russ hochstein. We've given up almost 3 times more sacks this year than we did last year and that can't all be blamed on kyle orton's lack of mobility, also, over a third of moreno's carries have been stuffed for no gain or a loss. Tamba Hali destroyed us in the first game and KC spent their last 2 #1 picks on the DL. if we can pass protect and run block we might see 1 or 2 long touchdown plays from denver.

Josh McDaniels vs. Todd haley
McDaniels playcalling has been heavily critisized in recent weeks and some chiefs fans have said Haley has made no progress and are even calling for his p45 after one season. coaching always plays a big part and if McD calls as poorly as he has at times an upset may be on the cards.

THE PREDICTION
Forget about playoff tiebreakers for a second, we need to win and take care of ourselves first(although we could technicaslly get in at 8-Cool. McD will have this mentality drilled into the lads and a tired chiefs team in a meaningless game from their POV should be good bait.

Denver 34 Kansas City 7
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Depressing gameday thread to say the least. It just makes me think of what might have been.

Broncos 27
Chiefs 6

Go Dolphins, Texans, Bengals, and yes the Raiders

Go Broncos!!!
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on the Gameday Thread, paul-mac.

It's really too bad the season has come down to having a must-win game in week 17 and hoping 3 or 4 other teams lose.

I'll post some more in-depth thoughts later but suffice it to say I think this team has enough character to pull out a win against a team we should beat. We will do our part in the playoff equation and win.

Broncos: 27
Chiefs: 10

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Cut-2-Marsh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Good job on the Gameday Thread, paul-mac.

It's really too bad the season has come down to having a must-win game in week 17 and hoping 3 or 4 other teams lose.

I'll post some more in-depth thoughts later but suffice it to say I think this team has enough character to pull out a win against a team we should beat. We will do our part in the playoff equation and win.

Broncos: 27
Chiefs: 10

I think otherwise. I have this funny feeling that the pieces will be in place but we will fail to do our part.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31-10.

Our guys will play their butts off.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a close game. That much I know.

The Chiefs are a team slowly putting things together. The Broncos are slowly coming off the tracks.

The Bronco defense has been lackluster recently. They are giving up big runs and Jamal Charles is as hot a RB as you can find in the NFL right now. I like his chances in game 2 of this matchup.

Bowe is back and creates matchup problems for the Bronco secondary that has been giving up the big pass in recent weeks.

The Broncos need to run the ball early and often at their soft front 7. McDaniels however will get cute and becomes the "offensive genius" we all love to watch. Dinking and dunking and moving particularly no place.

Smoke/Bubble screens are not going to fool the Chiefs who will play tight forcing Orton to go over the top. But can he? Will he? Doubtful.

All in all, the Broncos have to win to stay alive in the playoff race.

That said, they will blow it. Chiefs in the upset 24-20.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

The Chiefs are a team slowly putting things together. The Broncos are slowly coming off the tracks.

The Bronco defense has been lackluster recently. They are giving up big runs and Jamal Charles is as hot a RB as you can find in the NFL right now. I like his chances in game 2 of this matchup.

Bowe is back and creates matchup problems for the Bronco secondary that has been giving up the big pass in recent weeks.

The Broncos need to run the ball early and often at their soft front 7. McDaniels however will get cute and becomes the "offensive genius" we all love to watch. Dinking and dunking and moving particularly no place.

Smoke/Bubble screens are not going to fool the Chiefs who will play tight forcing Orton to go over the top. But can he? Will he? Doubtful.

Wow, im gonna start calling u debby downer.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Yes palooka, you're right. The Raiders at least have some semblence of a defense. Kansas City does not.

What big passes have the Broncos given up palooka? I'll give you the blown coverage on Celek, but other than that, we don't allow very many big plays, and I don't think the Chiefs of all teams are going to do much exploiting.

This is at home, it gives us a winning record, and if nothing else, is something we can build off of for next year.

We win 35-7.

Thanks, Tzimisce
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHile there is no question Denver should win this game; Denver has lost games they have no business losing. I could see them choking this game away. HOwever, I will be optimistic. 27-13 Denver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like how everyone in here is predicting a blow out just like yall did for the 2nd raiders gm.. but i remember how chiefs beat themselves bobby wade dropping a wide open td pass and other crucial mistakes they made. they had alot of dropped catches thats. remember the saying lighting doesnt strike twice.. i will be heated if we lose in my heart wouldnt be surprised

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Dude your style makes it sound like this is your opinion, but we all know it is blatant trolling. I don't see our guys in your forum continually professing how truly crappy your franchise is. Leave it to a Raider fan to kick you when your down.

You are a class act Palooka Rolling Eyes
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Dude your style makes it sound like this is your opinion, but we all know it is blatant trolling. I don't see our guys in your forum continually professing how truly crappy your franchise is. Leave it to a Raider fan to kick you when your down.

You are a class act Palooka Rolling Eyes

Thanks. If you want to look at as trolling, be my guest. That's what was said when I predicted the Redskins to upset. How'd that turnout?

orangeandblue86 has it right. If you watched the last Chiefs/Broncos game, the Chiefs made a lot of mistakes that ultimately costs them a chance at competing. But they have competed in recent weeks, have a RB playing on a high level and get their best WR back in action.

So it's not far fetched.

And to answer broncos67 question, the Broncos have given up big passes recently. I'm not just talking big gains, I'm talking HUGE game changing plays.

Against Philly the Celek passes twice, plus a HUGE PI call on Bailey who was beaten deep. A huge throw in the final seconds to Maclin that set up the game winner.

Against Oakland a 4th and 10 and a game winning TD pass from Russell of all QBs.

That's just in 2 losing performances recently. But the fact is, this defense is not what it was the first 6 weeks. They have softened up immensely both against the run and pass.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have kept myself out of the predictions and gameday threads all season. Read all of them, but I felt my presence was always bad luck. I will post this week though, because any bad luck I may have in the thread will be negated by my presence at the game itself.

Lifelong fan and I am finally getting a chance to see the Broncos in person. Tickets were Christmas presents from the GF.

So no score prediction, but we will win.

And i dont think Pookie (thats right i said it), is trolling. He is just being a typical Raider fan, plus he has added incentives for us to lose. He doesnt want to wear that sig.

Are we wearing throw backs this game or our stand home uniforms?
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to find a link but yesterday on 104.3 The Fan Sandy Clough reported that Tony Scheffler has been running with the scout team this week in practice and will be inactive for Sunday's game, Scheff is fully healthy but won't be on the 45 man roster for the game.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
germ-x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I haven't been able to find a link but yesterday on 104.3 The Fan Sandy Clough reported that Tony Scheffler has been running with the scout team this week in practice and will be inactive for Sunday's game, Scheff is fully healthy but won't be on the 45 man roster for the game.

Really, that is weird...i wonder why?

Well it looks like Richard Quinn may be getting his first shot at some real playing time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 1 of 34

Jump to: