Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let's just get this out of the way right now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, like everyone else, disappointed with how the season ended. Personally, I believe the main downfall of the whole season was the switch from ZBS to MBS without the proper personnel, because Orton is a marksman when given the time, as we saw quite often.

I do like Orton, I cannot tell if he is possible to be the quarterback of the future yet, however. I have my doubts, but he also can shine. If he can be more consistent (which I believe he can be with more time in the pocket), I believe he could be top 10.
He is not a noodle arm, and if you still believe that you need to watch more tape. I think his BIGGEST weakness is pocket presence, as it pisses me off everytime he gets sacked when if he just sidestepped a little, a big play could happen.

McDaniels... many people like his attitude and many don't. I wasn't very please when Cutler left, but watching Cutler in Chicago has made me believe he is not the answer, and Shanahan made him look a lot better than he is, just like our offensive line and running game. Watching McDaniels talk to the press is impressive I think, if you guys haven't watched the "End of the season" press conference at denverbroncos.com, I would advise you to (it is 70 min long however). He seems sincere and is a good public speaker.
His playcalling leaves more to be desired I believe, but that is why he is a headcoach and we aren't. What a lot of people need to realize is that a screen is a run play, not a pass play, so whenever people see Knowshon get only 3 yards on a screen, remember there would be probably only 3 yards on an inside run. What was most disheartening was screens on 3rd and long and handoffs from shotgun (I hate those so bad).

The fact of the matter is, the goal is to improve. We were 8-8 last year and 8-8 this year, and that failed to improve. This is disappointing. The most important thing to remember, however, is that this is football. It is a game that is displayed for our enjoyment, to inspire emotion, and unite with companions that share the same feelings.
Anybody who lets the game of football make them angry or affect their personal lives negatively should look for a hobby that makes them happy or inspires good feelings. Because this is what it is, a hobby, and yes I am disappointed, but I am excited for the draft, FA, this whole offseason, and next year! Stay optimistic fellow Bronco fans, because it's not worth it to waste negative energy on something that does not affect your life really in any way (unless you work for the NFL, of course).

BTW, don't want to offend anybody, and this is personal opinion. Also, glad to finally join the forums, have been lurking for about 2 years now and decided I would finally register haha

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: