Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT WEEK17 - Steelers @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Steelers make the playoffs?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
No
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 24

Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Not sure if you'll be back to read this Webby...

but since we've clustered ourselves with mad mock threads, maybe we should create a sticky thread with mock drafts? or maybe a thread with mock drafts and draft player discussion?

Just a thought Very Happy

I don't like to restrict discussion about the draft to one topic. Many members enjoy creating mocks and talking about the draft year round. As long as the topics have accurate subjects, members can ignore them if they wish.

I know I helped derail this topic, but lets get back to the gameday discussion. My main point was that members shouldn't feel restricted to discuss the game in only one topic. Moving forward if you have questions, concerns, or ideas about the steelers forum, feel free to PM me or one of your mods.

Thanks.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Webby for clearing it all up.

Back to topic, this really sucks Mad I can't wait until tomorrow for this game Mad Im pleased to see we went from 6-7 to possible 9-7 and hope we make the playoffs. Even if we don't, Id rather us have gone 9-7 and no playoffs than dogged it and went 6-10.
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webmaster wrote:
Ghengis Graz wrote:
spush wrote:
Its becoming hard for me to be an active member of this forum.

Exactly one thread about Steeler football and 58 mock drafts

just my opinion, but gameday threads are for gamedays, not one thread about each week of the season.

this forum has essentially become the draft forum

should have one thread with mock drafts and the rest about Steeler football

For what it is worth i agree. I read the one with the guard just because i just saw the guy play and liked him. I like the site for current topics, news and opinions. Guys doing mocks every day that have a 0% chance of being close to what happens is a massive waste of time. Guess they are welcome to do it. Just hold off on the mocks til March or April. Keep the topics germaine to the current situations if you want to be taken seriously.

You guys are free to start any kind of Steelers related topic you wish. If there is another topic you want to discuss, go ahead and start one right now. If you don't like the mocks, just ignore them. That is the beauty of the forum, topics that get ignored quickly fall away and interesting topics that get replies stay on top.

No one is forcing you to keep all discussion about this game in one topic. The gameday topic is simply a place for general chit-chat during the game. They are designed to keep posts like 'great catch' or 'horrible call ref' from filling up the forum. However, a gameday topic was never meant to be the only way to discuss a particular game. Members are encouraged to create other in-depth topics about the game. Go ahead and create a topic to analyze the Steelers o-line vs Dolphins D-line. Or another one to debate who has the better running game. Want to talk about Joey Porter, go for it and create a new topic.

Agreed. I ignore them 99% of the time this time of year.

I was just agreeing with Spush the futility of them. We don't know where we are picking. We don't know how free agency will be handled. We don't know how the post season will play out for the college players.
SteelersFb36

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright back to talking about the game, has anyone heard whether Ricky Williams is going to play of not? Last thing I heard was that he was questionable.
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Steelers wrapped up their practice preparations on Friday for the upcoming Sunday game versus the Miami Dolphins. Defensive end Brett Keisel (neck) did not practice for a third straight day and is listed as questionable on the injury report. Guard Chris Kemoeatu (wrist) and safety Troy Polamalu (knee) were both limited again on Friday and both are listed as questionable. It is still highly unlikely Polamalu will play this week. Linebacker Rocky Boiman (calf), defensive end Travis Kirschke (calf), running back Willie Parker (shoulder) and wide receiver Hines Ward (hamstring) all practiced fully on Friday and all four al listed as probable.

For the Dolphins on Friday, ruunning back Ricky Williams (shoulder) is questionable after being limited for a second straight day. Tackle Vernon Carey (knee) practiced fully again on Friday and is listed as probable.

Link
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
steeltrap

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few things:

First, A Happy New Years to all Laughing Second, whether we make the
playoffs, or don't. I still would like to point out...2 Super Bowl wins
the past 4 years! Cool Cool I mean I, as alot of you out there
can remember the years, and years, and years, and years of frustration we
had to overcome with the likes of QB's like Kordell, and O'Donnell. Not to mention going back to the Bubby days, and David Woodley days, ect, ect.
I use to say, after the debockle in AZ against Dallas at the 95 SB that if, just IF, one more time in my lifetime if I could EVER rejoice another SB win
in my lifetime, I would be satisfied. And low & behold, a kid named Big Ben fell into our laps, and the rest is History, and still more to come. I mean not just ONE more SB win..( 05 ), but TWO..( 08 )..and this season not withstanding,
our future I think anyways looks pretty bright. We still have Ben, who hasn't
even reached his 30's yet,,,when a QB really plays his BEST ball. But the young
Mendenhall, the young, prime WR's like Holmes, and Wallace, ect.

I have to go to a family thing today, so I will not be able to post til right before
game time tomorrow. But, I would like to say as a steeler fan, that YES, I can be some what controversial with some of my comments, especially when they come out of anger or frustrations during a game. But to that, I am sorry Sad
However, I can also say with " Pride & Joy ", that our team has the BEST, and most KNOWLEDGEABLE fans around than ANY other NFL teams fans that there are...yes, I am talking about ALL of you guys..( And Gals )...Here! As the
others around the world. We as fans root harder, travel better, and are more
extreme then anyone else in the league. And no matter what dumb things I may say, or how I may at times put my size 12 foot in my size 10 mouth Smile
I just wanted to say that I Love ALL my Steeler Brothers & Sisters.
And I wish you ALL well, as well as your families. So, whether we win or lose against Miami. And whether we get the help from those other teams or don't.

I will still always chant,,," HERE WE GO STEELERS,,,HERE WE GO!! "

God Bless to ALL of you, and Have a Wonderful rest of the weekend Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
xjayex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know.... I hated Mark Mallone then when Blubby Blister took over I was like... Eh, ok. I kinda liked Neil, I was a big fan of him... untill he tried to cash in and then he fell off the map. Tomzak and Kordell.... gross. I dont think I saw a single spiral outta Tomzak. Ben.... I hope he retires Black and Gold.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't it be game time Crying or Very sad

the anxiety is KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLING ME!!
SteelersFb36

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really going to suck if the Steelers win and the Texans lose and it coming down to the Bengals at night. I just have a feeling they are going to lay down against the Jets.
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds sad but I actually keep forgetting a game is on today. My wife works today and I have three kids in tow and thought of neat stuff we could do all day. It dawned on me 10 minutes ago that I'll be watching the game. I think we win but do not get the help we need to get in.

This team is so disappointing in that they let this happen to themselves.
Pipes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to read between the lines of Belichick and Lewis' statements, it seems like both the Pats and Bengals are going to play at least a big part of the game. Add in the long list of injuries/benchings for both the Ravens and Broncos and...

The Steelers don't "deserve" to be in the playoffs, but I think they have a decent shot at it.
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipes wrote:
Trying to read between the lines of Belichick and Lewis' statements, it seems like both the Pats and Bengals are going to play at least a big part of the game. Add in the long list of injuries/benchings for both the Ravens and Broncos and...

The Steelers don't "deserve" to be in the playoffs, but I think they have a decent shot at it.

As soon as some player gets a hangnail though reality will set in and they will be pulling starters in droves. I wish i shared your optomism!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
Pipes wrote:

As soon as some player gets a hangnail though reality will set in and they will be pulling starters in droves. I wish i shared your optomism!

Agreed. The Jets will start blitzing Palmer over and over again. If they get through enough times, Lewis will pull Palmer and our playoff chances go with him. That's sad to actually say that.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
spush

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40 MPH winds in jersey today. NYJ/Cin should be low scoring. Both D's top notch

Troy out per Florio

Keisel game time decision with neck injury. As of yesterday, he was no-go per NFLN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone. Look, I don't know IF Cincy will try hard, or play alot
of their starters or not. But I think the Pats, who DO have the 3rd seed to play for WILL play hard. And, if Oakland, who will go all out to be the spoiler for
the ravens season, if they beat Baltimore, well then, it won't matter what happens in that Cincy/Jet game tonight.

Right Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: