Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT WEEK17 - Steelers @ Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will the Steelers make the playoffs?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
No
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 24

Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miamisteeler wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
Quote:
I will personally be at this game and I expect to see at least half of Dolphins Stadium in black and gold for sure.....This will be a "home" game in Miami.....

I will be there as well! The last time that I went to this stadium, it was Ben's first game starting, and he threw a TD pass to Hines Ward with a few minutes remaining that won the game for us. I was on the opposite side of the field and couldn't really see that well, and when Plax caught it, the stadium erupted, and I went "Oh crap". Obviously I realized that we had actually scored a few seconds later. Laughing

I was at that game as well......It was Big7's first career start in 2004.....We battled terrential downpours that night due to a hurricane passing through the area the day before......Great game...nothing better than making an opposing team's stadium your own.....Dolphin fans have given up on their team already like they do every year.....I cant wait to see all those terrible towels in the air!

I was at the game as well. quite a trip as we got evacuated from our hotel. i got ejected too for having a confrontation with one of the 6 dolphins fans that showed up. At least it was with 2 minutes remianing and I got out of the stadium quick in the security elevator. saved some walking.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
miamisteeler wrote:
bigben07MVP wrote:
Quote:
I will personally be at this game and I expect to see at least half of Dolphins Stadium in black and gold for sure.....This will be a "home" game in Miami.....

I will be there as well! The last time that I went to this stadium, it was Ben's first game starting, and he threw a TD pass to Hines Ward with a few minutes remaining that won the game for us. I was on the opposite side of the field and couldn't really see that well, and when Plax caught it, the stadium erupted, and I went "Oh crap". Obviously I realized that we had actually scored a few seconds later. Laughing

I was at that game as well......It was Big7's first career start in 2004.....We battled terrential downpours that night due to a hurricane passing through the area the day before......Great game...nothing better than making an opposing team's stadium your own.....Dolphin fans have given up on their team already like they do every year.....I cant wait to see all those terrible towels in the air!

I was at the game as well. quite a trip as we got evacuated from our hotel. i got ejected too for having a confrontation with one of the 6 dolphins fans that showed up. At least it was with 2 minutes remianing and I got out of the stadium quick in the security elevator. saved some walking.

Yeah, I remember there were literally a hundred Steelers's fans in the lobby of the hotel all watching ESPN waiting for them to say if they were going to re-schedule or not, and when the report came that they were moving it to Sunday night, the whole Hotel erupted in cheers and high fives were going all around. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ Irish

Go-Sama

Taliban does have a better ground game than we do though

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man oh man... Troy is doubtful again (per ESPN). What a waste of a season it's been for Polamalu. When he is healthy, he looked incredible. Sucks that we won't get to see Troy play til next September! Crying or Very sad
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman397 wrote:
Man oh man... Troy is doubtful again (per ESPN). What a waste of a season it's been for Polamalu. When he is healthy, he looked incredible. Sucks that we won't get to see Troy play til next September! Crying or Very sad

Think of it this way:

Less wear and tear on his body (in general), and maybe a longer career?

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really looking forward to some of the match ups Sunday..

Vernon Carey, Jake Long vs Silverback, The Wood (Epic match ups)

Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Jason Allen vs Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward, Mike Wallace

Joey Porter (when he does see the field) vs pass protection (really want to see Mendenhall destroy him like he was Shaun Phillips)
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
spush

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its becoming hard for me to be an active member of this forum.

Exactly one thread about Steeler football and 58 mock drafts

just my opinion, but gameday threads are for gamedays, not one thread about each week of the season.

this forum has essentially become the draft forum

should have one thread with mock drafts and the rest about Steeler football

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:

just my opinion, but gameday threads are for gamedays, not one thread about each week of the season.

I agree there are way to many mocks. I have a hard time talking about the draft until the season is officially over, even though I can't stop myself sometime.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelersFb36 wrote:
spush wrote:

I agree there are way to many mocks. I have a hard time talking about the draft until the season is officially over, even though I can't stop myself sometime.

if anyone doesn't like the place, then yes, they're free to leave it.

but quit complaining about it, unless you're making it better.

drafts and mocks will always be a large part of FF.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but quit complaining about it, unless you're making it better.

HMMM. I would probably vote for Spush near or at the very top of the list regarding people who make this particular forum better with his posts and new topics. Incredibly educational.

Yes, mocks will always be a part of this forum, the very title Football's Future implies that fact. But, like anything else in life, it can get out of balance at times. After awhile I too just choose to skip reading so many mocks, especially at this time of the year when so much remains unknown. But others may find them all fascinating I am sure!
spush

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[EDITED BY MODERATOR]

Go Steelers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:

For what it is worth i agree. I read the one with the guard just because i just saw the guy play and liked him. I like the site for current topics, news and opinions. Guys doing mocks every day that have a 0% chance of being close to what happens is a massive waste of time. Guess they are welcome to do it. Just hold off on the mocks til March or April. Keep the topics germaine to the current situations if you want to be taken seriously.

Last edited by Ghengis Graz on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
coleman397

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:

With all due respect, Steeler fans are pretty realistic. It's pretty tough to discuss some of the losses we had this year and each game, we just squeak by w/ sloppy play. It's a double edged sword of we either have a negative vibe around here, or we accept our fate and speak positively about the future w/ mock drafts. I actually think it's awesome that Steelers fans are choosing the latter.

I will ask this: What is a defensive scheme we can prepare for next season (or somehow the postseason) that would secure our secondary up? Would going cover 2 help out? Switch the zone concept to man +? Or would it just be getting more pressure to the QB?
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
spush wrote:

For what it is worth i agree. I read the one with the guard just because i just saw the guy play and liked him. I like the site for current topics, news and opinions. Guys doing mocks every day that have a 0% chance of being close to what happens is a massive waste of time. Guess they are welcome to do it. Just hold off on the mocks til March or April. Keep the topics germaine to the current situations if you want to be taken seriously.

You guys are free to start any kind of Steelers related topic you wish. If there is another topic you want to discuss, go ahead and start one right now. If you don't like the mocks, just ignore them. That is the beauty of the forum, topics that get ignored quickly fall away and interesting topics that get replies stay on top.

No one is forcing you to keep all discussion about this game in one topic. The gameday topic is simply a place for general chit-chat during the game. They are designed to keep posts like 'great catch' or 'horrible call ref' from filling up the forum. However, a gameday topic was never meant to be the only way to discuss a particular game. Members are encouraged to create other in-depth topics about the game. Go ahead and create a topic to analyze the Steelers o-line vs Dolphins D-line. Or another one to debate who has the better running game. Want to talk about Joey Porter, go for it and create a new topic.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you'll be back to read this Webby...

but since we've clustered ourselves with mad mock threads, maybe we should create a sticky thread with mock drafts? or maybe a thread with mock drafts and draft player discussion?

Just a thought Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: