Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 NFL Fines: DT Haynesworth, RB Jacobs, WR Camarillo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Week 15 NFL Fines: DT Haynesworth, RB Jacobs, WR Camarillo Reply with quote

The NFL fined Redskins DT Albert Haynesworth $10,000 and Giants RB Brandon Jacobs $7,500 for their actions during a second-half scuffle in Monday night’s game at Washington.

Haynesworth was cited for unsportsmanlike conduct, Jacobs for unnecessary roughness.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/12/24/league-fines-haynesworth-10k-jacobs-7-5k/

Dolphins WR Greg Camarillo was fined $5,000 for unnecessary roughness during overtime of Sunday's 27-24 loss at Tennessee.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-dolphins-camarillo-fined-nfl-1222409,0,6221465.story

Patriots rookie DL Ron Brace was fined $5,000 after he grabbed Bills QB Trent Edwards's facemask in the fourth quarter.

http://twitter.com/MikeReiss/statuses/7011580826
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
IrishDolfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont usually comment on these fines but the Camarillo fine is crazy. It was a questionable call to begin with but to then go and fine the man for unnecessary roughness is a complete and total joke!!!

Irish Dolfan
FF member #1205

Profanity is the one language known by all programmers!
Totty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, unless the guy throws punches, a WR should NEVER be called for unnecessary roughness.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
SoundTheCharge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gates hurt his toe in the playoffs against the Titans in a play nearly identical to the one on Sunday. There were no flags thrown, nor were there any fines. As is the case quite often in the NFL, fans just want these kinds of penalties called consistently, if you're going to call them at all. As it is, I think it's ridiculous for them to fine Camarillo.

In regards to the Haynesworth fine, I really have no idea how it is that Albert got a bigger fine than Jacobs. Jacobs started the altercation and threw multiple punches. Albert came in and shoved people around, but it in no way was worse than what Jacobs did. Not to mention that the only person to suffer a penalty in game was Albert as well, whereas nothing happened to Brandon.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishDolfan wrote:
I dont usually comment on these fines but the Camarillo fine is crazy. It was a questionable call to begin with but to then go and fine the man for unnecessary roughness is a complete and total joke!!!

Irish Dolfan

your not kidding. He just went to touch him to make sure he was down. What a bunch of crap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ClarkKent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:

Irish Dolfan

your not kidding. He just went to touch him to make sure he was down. What a bunch of crap.
A well-deserved fine. He was angry about the interception so went to let out his frustration on an innocent player. I am surprised he wasn't fined more for this blatant, heinous act.
Boo_This_Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundTheCharge wrote:
Gates hurt his toe in the playoffs against the Titans in a play nearly identical to the one on Sunday. There were no flags thrown, nor were there any fines. As is the case quite often in the NFL, fans just want these kinds of penalties called consistently, if you're going to call them at all. As it is, I think it's ridiculous for them to fine Camarillo.

In regards to the Haynesworth fine, I really have no idea how it is that Albert got a bigger fine than Jacobs. Jacobs started the altercation and threw multiple punches. Albert came in and shoved people around, but it in no way was worse than what Jacobs did. Not to mention that the only person to suffer a penalty in game was Albert as well, whereas nothing happened to Brandon.

its probably because fights between to pple is usually not serious and easily to break up but when pple start joining in and mobbing, thats when i gets dangerous so haynesworth jumping in made it that much serious and dangerous of situation. so im guessing that made haynesworth and jacobs even at 7500k or wutever it was and than NFL added that haynesworth was a repeat defender and already got fined for something like this and probably was warned and such with a "threatening" letter from the league so ya, i can see why fat albert got more than jacobs. if he wants to help his teammate break up the fight dont join in because than ur both getting hurt

Devin Brown-FS-#10

Props to JTagg7754 on the sig!

Raiders/Warriors/A's
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClarkKent wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:

Irish Dolfan

A well-deserved fine. He was angry about the interception so went to let out his frustration on an innocent player. I am surprised he wasn't fined more for this blatant, heinous act.

I'm assuming that my sarcasm detector is broken here but you can't be serious. Camarillo gave him a little push down because the whistle hadn't gone and one of the Titans players was beckoning him to get up and run

^ Jamison on the sig.
CarolinaKitten

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have the scoop on the Ron Brace fine? Like a video or an article?

I want to see what $5,000 is worth. Laughing

Sig by Me
iMaGiNe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how low fines are for acting like imbiciles and then #85 gets 20K fines for fun and games
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdolfan wrote:
ClarkKent wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:

Irish Dolfan

I'm assuming that my sarcasm detector is broken here but you can't be serious. Camarillo gave him a little push down because the whistle hadn't gone and one of the Titans players was beckoning him to get up and run

He could have easily just touched him with both hands, but instead he sent the force of his body onto Griffin, who was lying on the ground.

I absolutely uphold this penalty. Maybe WRs will learn to not hit players lying on the ground after the play is over.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:
ClarkKent wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:

Irish Dolfan

He could have easily just touched him with both hands, but instead he sent the force of his body onto Griffin, who was lying on the ground.

I absolutely uphold this penalty. Maybe WRs will learn to not hit players lying on the ground after the play is over.

Of course you uphold the penalty, it made your lives a lot easier for the game winner. I don't agree with the penalty, but hey it was called. But to turn around and FINE him? Part of me thinks the fine is just to prevent the refs from looking bad on a borderline call.

PD47

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
JamesHarrison92

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT A JOKE THIS LEAGUE AND ITS COMMISSIONER IS.

Jacobs fined less when he is the only reason the scuffle started and he threw the most punches/sissy slaps.

Formerly Pittlvr
FLOODx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:
ClarkKent wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:

Irish Dolfan

IT'S FOOTBALL. Soon they'll give fines for pulling each other's flags too hard.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
ukdolfan wrote:
ClarkKent wrote:
Detroitlions703 wrote:
IrishDolfan wrote:

Irish Dolfan

Of course you uphold the penalty, it made your lives a lot easier for the game winner. I don't agree with the penalty, but hey it was called. But to turn around and FINE him? Part of me thinks the fine is just to prevent the refs from looking bad on a borderline call.

PD47

The fine was for the excessive roughness after the play was over. He could have injured Griffin.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: