Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Friday Night Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Friday Night Mock Reply with quote

Updated considering recent rumors. Got rid of Mallet/Bowe per suggestions.

GM
Mike Maccagnan

Head Coach
Todd Bowles

Offensive Coordinator
Chan Gailey

Defensive Coordinator
Kacy Rodgers

Cuts
Chris Johnson
Tommy Bo
Percy Harvin

Extensions/Re-Signings
Mo Wilk
Tanner Purdum
Damon Harrison
Ben Ijalana
John Conner
Nick Bellore

Free Agency
Offense
Shaun Hill-QB-He played well this past year in St. Louis and provides veteran competition

CJ Spiller-RB-Hard to say if he'll leave Buffalo, but he thrived under Chan and very well might here as well.

Cecil Shorts-WR- Cecil comes in on a short-term deal and provides depth as our young guys develop

Orlando Franklin-G-Provide some stability to the line

Defense
Derrick Shelby-DE-He comes in and play the Douzable role as a backup lineman after Leger follows Rex. Although he's accustom to playing in a 4-3, he has the size to play backup at DE. He knows Rodgers as well.

Brandon Spikes-ILB-Harris follows Rex to Buffalo and Spikes follows Pepper Johnson here. Pepper is one of Spikes' biggest supporters. Spikes shouldn't be too pricey and is a few years younger than Harris.

Kareem Jackson-CB-We finally have a #1 corner

Quinton Demps- FS-He'll come in on a short-term deal to sure up our secondary while a young guy develops.

Draft:
TRADE-The Falcons want Shane Ray and the Bears have interest. We swap the 6th and 8th picks and they throw their 3rd round pick our way.

Round 1 (from ATL): Jameis Winston, QB, FSU-Recent rumors from ESPN suggest that Mariota will go #1 overall. While this can change, let's assume this holds true. The Titans could take him, but apparently they like Mettenberger and it might make sense to stick with him until next year's strong draft class. If he succeeds, great, if not, take a Hackenburg, Cook, etc. It all depends on Washington and Chicago, but I don't see them touching Winston right now.

Round 2: Eli Harold, DE/OLB, UVA-We get our edge rusher that we've needed for quite sometime. Harold has very high potential

Round 3: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF-He has all the makings of a #1 receiver and will have time to develop behind the vets.

Round 3 (from ATL): Cedric Ogbuehi, T, A&M-Ogbuehi was projected as a top 10 lock earlier in the season, but faded as the season went on. He then tore his ACL dropping him down to this point. Although he's somewhat raw, he has massive potential and could start at RT as soon as next year.

Round 4: Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami-One of the most interesting prospects in the draft, Rollins is an ex-bball player who played football this past year and excelled in man coverage. He's raw, but a clean slate for a guy like Bowles to mold. He has a big frame as well.

Round 5: Durrell Eskridge, FS, Syracuse-Hard to say if he falls this far, but he may. He's a big, rangy FS who should be able to start next year.

Round 7: Trey Depriest, ILB, Bama-He comes in and provides depth at ILB

UDFA's
Jeff Whitaker, NT, Auburn-He'll backup Harrison with Ellis walking
Sam Arneson, TE, Wisconsin-He'll compete with Sudfeld and can beat him out because of his blocking ability. My gut says he will.
Rory "Busta" Anderson, WR/TE, South Carolina-One of the more interesting prospects in the late rounds, Rory has a big frame with the blocking ability to play TE, but great receiving ability as well. He'd function great in two TE sets. If he develops properly, he could replace Cumberland in a year or two. He could make the team as a 4th TE and serve as a backup receiver as well.

Depth Chart:
QB: Smith, Hill, Winston
RB: Ivory, Spiller, Powell
FB: Conner
WR: Decker, Perriman, Enunwa
WR2: Shorts, Evans
Slot-Kerley
TE: Amaro, Cumberland, Arneson, Anderson
LT: D'Brick, W. Johnson
LG: Aboushi, Winters
C: Mangold, Freeman
RG: Franklin, Dozier
RT: Giacomini, Ogbuehi

DE: Wilkerson, Shelby
NT: Harrison, Whitaker
DT: Richardson, Barnes
OLB-Coples, Reilly, IK
ILB-Davis, Bellore
ILB-Spikes, Depriest
OLB-Harold, Pace
CB: Jackson, Milliner, Williams, Dex, Rollins
FS: Demps, Eskridge
SS: Pryor, Allen

Props to JMG on the sig

Last edited by barnaby8787 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair if this happened I'd be so happy!!!

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
JETSFOOTBALL25

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the it. I think Petty is worth taking a shot with in the 3rd.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the draft. Pretty much every pick I like. But I don't like the FA. Mainly bc of Mallett and Bowe. Really really dislike both. Completely like spiller and Franklin though. I don't see the need for Bowe if we draft white 1st off, and regarding Mallett he's be a waste of a pickup. Geno is better then him. I'd rather bring in competition atleast like locker or someone.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Love the draft. Pretty much every pick I like. But I don't like the FA. Mainly bc of Mallett and Bowe. Really really dislike both. Completely like spiller and Franklin though. I don't see the need for Bowe if we draft white 1st off, and regarding Mallett he's be a waste of a pickup. Geno is better then him. I'd rather bring in competition atleast like locker or someone.
Not sure Geno is though Bobby. We'll see though. Just have a very limited sample and Mac may like him as well. Bowe is just a segway to White. Even though we could role with White, Decker, and Kerley, I don't think Mac will go into the draft with just Decker and Kerley banking on getting a top tier WR. I think we'll add a vet if Harvin is cut, but we'll see.

Props to JMG on the sig
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of it, though signing Bowe would confuse me, that guy is terrible, and only getting worse. I would rather let our young guys get playing time. We do have Shaq coming back from injury and he was the one WR we drafted last year that i actually had some hope in.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
I like most of it, though signing Bowe would confuse me, that guy is terrible, and only getting worse. I would rather let our young guys get playing time. We do have Shaq coming back from injury and he was the one WR we drafted last year that i actually had some hope in.
How is Bowe terrible?

Props to JMG on the sig
famousj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I judge mocks based on if you addressed the needs of the team. You have done that. I like it. Not sure how well Ryan Mallet or Bryce Petty will perform as long as new QBs are brought in to compete with Geno Smith.

Winter Soldiers
Slogan: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!"
Maccagnan: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love everything except I'm not 100% sure I'm into Kevin White at 8. He is a stud but I'd love to see the Jets go pass rusher if they can't get a QB at the top of round one and then go WR in round two, say Devin Smith from Ohio State to give us a deep threat to match with Decker and Bowe.
BlackandDecker8

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the trade a lot, if Cooper, Mariota, Winston, and Gregory are off the board I would be totally fine with trading back to 8-13 and taking a Devante Parker, Kevin White, or Vic Beasley
FrankJets

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallet won't fit Gailey scheme
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankJets wrote:
Mallet won't fit Gailey scheme
There really isn't a QB that doesn't fit Gailey's scheme. He runs a spread offense.

Props to JMG on the sig
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for updates

Props to JMG on the sig
xenajets

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the update but i can't see us trying back and still getting Winston.

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how Winston doesn't go #1.

Some people have Mariota falling to #18 (Bucky Brooks on NFL.com). I haven't seen one mock draft from an "expert" that has Mariota going #1.

Sig bet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: