Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Offseason (Clean House) Play it smart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rank it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

RDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Mock Offseason (Clean House) Play it smart Reply with quote

New York Jets Offseason 2015

Jets finish 3-13
5th pick in the NFL draft

John Idzik - FIRED

Rex Ryan- FIRED

The Jets interview a barrage of candidates. They eventually find the winner.

General Manager- The New York Jets hire Jon Robinson, the former director of scouting for the New England Patriots. And now the director of player personnel for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Robinson is a big time scouter. He scouted along with Licht who is now the GM of the Buccaneers for years and brought some significant talent to the Patriots especially through the later rounds.

Head Coach- The New York Jets hire Art Briles former Head Coach of Baylor. Reasoning, Briles was in the pool last year for the job in Washington before they hired Gruden. He can practically smell the NFL, and there is no doubt, he is searching for a home in the NFL.

2014 Offseason Begins

Muhammad Wilkerson is extended. Given a contract worth 65 Million over 6 years. I dont expect him to command much over 11 million a year
65 Million / 6 Years

The NYJ cut

Chris Johnson
Calvin Pace
Antwan Barnes
Jason Babin
Salim Hakim
Tj Graham
Jeff Cumberland

Total Savings 13 Million

Approximately 43 Million in Cap Room

Walks

Michael Vick
Matt Simms
Greg Salas
Willie Colon
John Conner
Phillip Adams
Dawan Landry
Josh Thomas
Bilal Powell
Ben ijalana
Kenrick Ellis
^^^^^^These players all walk

Leger Douzable resigns for 2 years 3.9 million

David Harris will test free agency and eventually return on a deal for 3 years 13.9 million dollars

Tanner Purdum is resigned for 1 year 900K

Damon Harrison gets a 4 year 16 million dollar deal

Percy harvin’s deal is restructured to keep him here for the next 4 years and pay him 6 million a year with incentives each year that could pay him upward to 8 million a year.

the deal goes from 4 years 42 million to 4 years 24 million with incentives that could make it 32 million. He knows that he doesn't have much leverage here and probably wont get a deal close to as good as this one. So the Jets actually save a total of 18 million that could be only 10 but thats if Percy plays well. Its a no brainer for both sides.

Updated **Approximately 34.5 Million in Cap Room

FREE AGENCY

First off, Justin Houston is going to get resigned by KC, they won't let him walk and he will get the tag if they cant come to a deal.

The New York Jets make the big splash signing Greg Hardy the former DE of the Carolina Panthers. Due to the distractions last year, the Jets get a good deal.
2 years 16 million + 2.5 million dollar signing bonus.

25 Million in Cap Room left

FS Devin McCourty 4 years 30 million

CB Brandon Flowers signs a 3 year 15 million dollar deal

G Dan Connolly comes to the Jets on a 3 year deal worth 9 million dollars.

TE Niles Paul signs a 2 year deal worth 4 million dollars.

QB Austin Davis signs a 2 year deal worth 4 million dollars

Approximately 11 Million in Cap Room Left

2015 NFL DRAFT

1st Round (5) TRADE

The New York Jets trade (5) to the St. Louis Rams for (13) (45) (2016 1st Round Pick)
— The Rams move up to select Jameis Winston after Mariota is first QB taken.

1st Round (13) Devante Parker WR Louisville

The Jets need a dynamic, deep threat, playmaking wide receiver to add to this wide receiving corps.

2nd Round (37) Eric Kendricks is a game changer. He may not have the size, but he will change the way this team plays defense. The Jets need speed, athleticism at linebacker. This pick helps. Hes the all time leader in tackles for UCLA… pretty big feat. Plays a lot like his bro Mychal.

2nd Round (45) Arie Kouandjio, G Alabama

The Jets need a legitimate big time guard and Kouandijo can come in and play day one for them. Connolly and Kouandijo looks much better on paper next year for us.

3rd Round (X) Bryce Petty QB Baylor

The Jets finally get the next quarterback to add to the competition between Davis and Smith. I expect Petty to come in and win the job.

4th Rounder —- Percy Harvin

5th Round (X) Tevin Mcdonald S Eastern Washington

6th Round(X) RB Shock Linwood Baylor

7th Round (X) Kyle Christy P Florida

Depth Chart
QB – Bryce Petty(R), Austin Davis, Geno Smith,
RB – Chris Ivory, Shock Linwood(R)
FB – Tommy Bohanon
WR – Eric Decker,
WR – Devante Parker(R)
SWR – Percy Harvin, Jeremy Kerley,
TE – Jace Amaro, Niles Paul,
LT – D'Brickashaw Ferguson,
LG – Arie Kouandjio(R),
C – Nick Mangold
RG – Dan Connolly,
RT – Breno Giocamini

DE- Greg Hardy
DT- Damon Harrison
DT- Sheldon Richardson
DE- Muhammad Wilkerson
LB- Demario Davis
LB- Eric Kendricks(R)
LB- David Harris
LCB – Brandon Flowers, Marcus Williams,
NCB – Kyle Wilson, Dex McDougle,
SS – Calvin Pryor, Antonio Allen
FS – Devin McCourty, Tevin Macdonald(R)
RCB – Dee Milliner,

Obviously I didn't list some depth players, but I think this makes an impact. The quarterback position is very shaky going into next season. But with the weapons we have, we are in a primed position to select a quarterback early in 2016. I think its risky to draft one of the primed quarterbacks this year. I think between Parker, Cooper, White, the wide receiver class has some serious potential. We need to improve the guard position BADLY! We may try to draft a tackle to replace Giacomini who has really struggled recently. We need help there and I think Connolly and Kouandjio are two guys who can improve this line big time. Again, for those who are scared about the quarterback position, a new offense, great weapons will go a long way. And we may even see what Geno has to offer in an offense like that.

Our defense moves to a 4-3 like Art Briles does it with Baylor. That allows us to sign a beast like greg hardy to wreak havoc against defenses. Kendricks adds another dimension to this defense like Mychal Kendricks does for the eagles, Bobby Wagner to the seahawks and Kuechly in Carolina. We are missing an athletic playmaker there at linebacker. McCourty comes here because the Patriots will do whatever it takes to sign Revis back. I think they may win the Superbowl this year making it necessary to do so. McCourty will probably test free agency. We need a free safety with range badly. McCourty can do that.

I think our defense is a huge improvement and our offense is dangerous.. finally. People will fear Harvin, Decker, Parker. Our offensive line will return to pro bowl form running the football. Art Briles leads us to the playoffs for the first time in 4 years.
dct0409

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That trade down alone deserves 5 stars
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, only things I would do differently in this scenario is I wouldn't resign David Harris if we're moving to a 4-3 rather sign a guy like Jon Casillas or Malcom Smith, both be better suited for a 43 then Harris. I'd also resign Powell, just like him for depth of we're not going to add another Starting caliber RB to split with Ivory

Also where's Coples? He'd be much better suited in the LE then Wilk imo. Bump Wilk inside and that's a solid 4-3Line right there

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy
Bobby816

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Only small thing I'd rather is white rather than Parker if trading back.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Petty pick. He will be a very good QB. No way Harrison signs a 4 year 16 mill. I think he is going to get more like a 3 year 20 mill. I think it is very hard to find that big guy to clog the middle no matter what D you play.

I hate the Harris resign the guy is a bum and is not worth the vet min.

Overall I like this draft. I find is hard for the Rams to give that much up for a QB with a lot of off the field issues. Jeff Fisher already did this with Young and I don't see him going down that road again.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like everything about this. I question if McCourty makes it to FA (think he'll be tagged), but would be ecstatic with this.

Props to JMG on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't complain. I love the idea of trading back honestly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: