Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The midway Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: The midway Mock Reply with quote

Fire Rex and Idzik

New GM: Tom Gamble
New HC: Gus Malzahn
DC: Dennis Thurman

Extensions/Resign:
David Harris
Damon Harrison
Mo Wilkerson
Bilal Powell
Calvin Pace(Not sure if hes under contract after this year)
Mike Vick

FA:
CB Perrish Cox
OG Orlando Franklin
FS Rahim Moore
RB Antone Smith

Draft finish with a top 3 or 4 pick

R1: Marcus Mariota QB Oregon
R2: Rashad Greene WR FSU
R3: Jake Fisher OT Oregon
R4: Percy Harvin WR/RB Florida
R5: Trey DePriest LB Alabama
R6: Mike Saddler P Michigan State
R7: Justin Coleman CB Tennessee

Depth Chart

QB: Mariota, Vick, Simms (QB Comp)
RB: Ivory, Powell, Smith
FB: TBO
WR: Harvin, Decker, Kerley, Greene, Evans
TE: Amaro, Cumberland, Sudfeld
LT: Brick, Fisher
LG: Aboushi, Doizer
C: Mangold, Freeman
RG: Franklin, Winters
RT: Giacomini

LE: Wilk, Douzable
NT: Snacks, Barnes
RE: Richardson, Hyder
LOLB: Pace, IK
MLB: Davis, Harris, DePriest
ROLB: Coples, Babin, Reilly
CB: Cox, Milliner, DMC, Walls, Coleman
FS: Moore, Allen
SS: Pryor, Jarrett

P: Saddler
K: Folk
3RDRB: Smith
KR/PR: Harvin

Props to CalhounLambeau on the Sig/Avy

Last edited by Mr.O on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmm, I am ok with it, i really like the Moore signing. That upgrades us at 2 spots. It gives us a FS and allows Pryor to be the SS that he should be.

I haven't done a ton of research on Coates, but why isn't he producing this year? He has like 1 good game.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Hrmm, I am ok with it, i really like the Moore signing. That upgrades us at 2 spots. It gives us a FS and allows Pryor to be the SS that he should be.

I haven't done a ton of research on Coates, but why isn't he producing this year? He has like 1 good game.

I view him as a project guy but i might change it to Rashad Greene or Duke Williams

Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all. Just don't understand why we would need to sign Antone Smith, WR already have Ivory, CJ, Powell and Richardson. If we cut CJ I'd rather draft a speed pass receiving back late in the draft. Also not a huge fan of Rashad Greene. Drafting what would be between 2
35-40 in the second round their should be better WRs still available like Strong, Parker or Funchess.
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the best scenarios we could hope for. Good job.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Not bad at all. Just don't understand why we would need to sign Antone Smith, WR already have Ivory, CJ, Powell and Richardson. If we cut CJ I'd rather draft a speed pass receiving back late in the draft. Also not a huge fan of Rashad Greene. Drafting what would be between 2
35-40 in the second round their should be better WRs still available like Strong, Parker or Funchess.

I tried to pick a different WR. Greene reminds me alot of Antonio Brown, great hands, speed, route running, and great after the catch. Ive watched alot of Antone Smith with ATL this season and he could be a steal, GREAT speed more of your traditional 3rd down back, i dont want CJ on this team and if you look at my Mock i dont have CJ on the team, Malzahn runs the ball a great amount in his offense and to keep every one fresh it would help to be 3 deep like i have us being here.

skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

I tried to pick a different WR. Greene reminds me alot of Antonio Brown, great hands, speed, route running, and great after the catch. Ive watched alot of Antone Smith with ATL this season and he could be a steal, GREAT speed more of your traditional 3rd down back, i dont want CJ on this team and if you look at my Mock i dont have CJ on the team, Malzahn runs the ball a great amount in his offense and to keep every one fresh it would help to be 3 deep like i have us being here.

I like Greene as well. Great route runner and a high football IQ. Reminds me a bit of Reggie Wayne too. Would be a lot more desirable if we took Winston instead of MM.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Mr.O wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

I like Greene as well. Great route runner and a high football IQ. Reminds me a bit of Reggie Wayne too. Would be a lot more desirable if we took Winston instead of MM.

I had Sammie Coates for us in the second round origionally but I changed my mind because i think hes too much of a Project

rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

Antone Smith has definitely done some cool things this year... BUT he hs gonna be 30 next year, I think i would rather take a mid to late rounder and see what we get. I wouldn't be mad about Smith though.
Jets913

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the orlando franklin signing, nice upgrade at OG for us. also love the draft, especially mariota and greene. only thing I really don't like is signing Antone Smith when we have Ivory and extended Powell in this case. otherwise, great job!

Sig made by Jamison. Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: