Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome Jets Fans - Introduction Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomTheYankeeNYJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've been a fan for about 3 years. I lived over in the States (in New Jersey) for a year which is when i started to enjoy football. Since then I've loved the Jets and I hope we can get back to the Playoffs next year.
Klecko73

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Bleeding Green Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm from Cardiff in the UK & I've been a Jets fan since the first time I watched them play when I was 6 years old. It's gonna be good to be able to talk to people about the Jets who know what there talking about 20 years has been a long wait Laughing

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
jetsrule81

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i'm from new jersey and i have been a jets fan for as long as i can remember.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I just joined up yesterday. I was born in Long Island, moved to Pennsylvania when I was very little, and have lived there ever since. However, I needed to get out of that state, too many damn Eagles fans. You guys have no idea how annoying it is to hear Eagles fans [inappropriate/removed] for three years about being one game away from the Super Bowl, and then when they finally do they still can't do anything!!! Evil or Very Mad

Anyways, I got out of PA and I'm currently a 19 year old sophmore going to college in Jersey City. I have been an avid Jets fan ever since I was a baby when my mom used to feed me while I wore my green and white NY Jets bib.

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!
StThomas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fellow suffering Jets Fans, and to those who are a little older "Long suffering Jets Fans" as we are sometimes called.

I am 46, and I became a Jets fans {drum roll please, I will give you exact date and time} Nov 17, 1968 at 7:30 pm.

My father who had a bit of a temper went crazy for some reason while we were eating dinner. We had watch the game which was cut short with a few mintues left and Jets were winning.

My sisters were so happy they could now watch "Hiedi"... and you know what happened.

What made me a Jets fan was that it had upset my father so much, he obvisously had a bet on the game, I figured anything that could [inappropriate/removed] him off that much had to be good, really good. I knew very little about what actually happen at the time since I was nine, but I lived at the time, about a mile from Shea Stadium.

I liked the Jets and the Mets but it was that game and that dinner that turned myblood "Jets Green". Two months later, on January 12 Jets won Super Bowl III and....

a whole lot of heart break has followed since and not much else!

Steve a "long suffering Jets fan", but I will never forget those "two months" oh what a feeling!
MrJonathanVilma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: hey nice Reply with quote

ive been her a few months now, but ive been reading longer, and i dont post too often but i read just about everything that goes up in this forum.... our highschool issues each student a laptop, and the teachers dont use em, so that leaves alot of time in class for games and footballs future. i love this site, love the direction its going. i love our forum, a few people really make us look bad, but we're moving in the right direction. GO JETS (and niners and washington)

NFL-Jets, Niners, Ravens, Skins (in order of loyalty)
NBA- wizards
College- terps and ducks
baseball-orioles
J-E-T-S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo everybody, I've been on the forum for about a month now, but never introduced myself. My name's Jay, I'm 19, I was born in Long Island, moved to Florida when I was about 6. My dad is a Jets fan, so I've basically been a Jets fan all my life, and I've obviously have had to deal with ALOT of dolphin fans, living in south Florida most of my life. All my friends are dolphins fan, so yeah we definately butt heads during the season, but it's all good seeing how neither of our teams have won a SB in about 30 something years...well thats basically it. peace.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi people, Mark here. I'm 18 and from Australia.
Started following the NFL (and the jets) in 2002, the year Pennington took over the reigns. Here's hoping he can come back from his injury and be as good as ever ... he's got a great attitude and really is a great QB when healthy, he deserves to have every success in the NFL.
J-E-T-S

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Mark,
Wow, your from Australia? That's pretty cool. So, why of all the teams in the NFL, the NYJ? Can't argue the choice, my friend.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thechad is from Australia, just like our awesome punter Ben Graham is. Australia has to be a terrific place.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
TheChad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-E-T-S wrote:
Welcome Mark,
Wow, your from Australia? That's pretty cool. So, why of all the teams in the NFL, the NYJ? Can't argue the choice, my friend.

Well to be honest, i knew very few cities in the USA at the time and i could actually locate New York (or somewhere close to it) on a map so I thought that'd be a good team to go for. Then it was just Giants or Jets... and i hated the Giants uniform (it was some predominately red one when i saw them for the first time). Not a great reason, but hey at least I haven't changed between teams every year or anything, it's always gonna be the jets Smile (Well, I might've been pissed at them if they released or traded away Pennington this year, but they didn't so it's all good).

The main problem with liking the NFL and living in Australia is the fact that we only get 3 games aired most weeks (an early and a late sunday game, and MNF), so I rarely get to see the jets play. We got the jets-tampa game last year, and their 2 MNF games and that was it last year. With the jets not set for any monday games this year it will likely be even less Mad I still watched every single NFL game shown here last year though Cool
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChad wrote:
Well to be honest, i knew very few cities in the USA at the time and i could actually locate New York (or somewhere close to it) on a map so I thought that'd be a good team to go for. Then it was just Giants or Jets... and i hated the Giants uniform (it was some predominately red one when i saw them for the first time). Not a great reason, but hey at least I haven't changed between teams every year or anything, it's always gonna be the jets Smile (Well, I might've been pissed at them if they released or traded away Pennington this year, but they didn't so it's all good).

The main problem with liking the NFL and living in Australia is the fact that we only get 3 games aired most weeks (an early and a late sunday game, and MNF), so I rarely get to see the jets play. We got the jets-tampa game last year, and their 2 MNF games and that was it last year. With the jets not set for any monday games this year it will likely be even less Mad I still watched every single NFL game shown here last year though Cool

The Jets do have one MNF game against the Dolphins towards the end of December.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
TheChad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh really? I probably should have checked but i kind of assumed that given our performance last year they'd keep us out of it. Good to hear.
Progidychld

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born in Australia and lived there until I was ten. I'm 17 now and live in New Jersey.

I lived in Brighton you live anywhere near there Chad?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progidychld wrote:
I lived in Brighton you live anywhere near there Chad?

Can't say i even know where that is... I'm a Sydney man myself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 3 of 26

Jump to: