Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome Jets Fans - Introduction Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peelout142

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 years old soon to be 16
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
watup

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya im new and im 15
Mikifin30

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a couple posts but compared to everyone else I'm still new. I've always read forums but never joined one so it's good to finally interact with fellow Jets Fans. It's good to see a variety of people on the forum and I must stay I truly respect the older Jets fans for their loyalty. Jet history has been plagued with a lot of dissapointment so your persistence really shows what kind of fans we have. I'm 22 and go to Rutgers University where I get to see Brian Leonard run and leap over his competition. Us Rutgers fans have been described as being starving for a winning season and Finally it came this year.

Thought I'd Add something to this introduction thread where everyone includes their Favorite Jet Memory.
-My Favorite memory was last year during the 2004 Stealers Playoff game. I was at a Pub in West Orange that was taken over by Jets fans all wearing jerseys. We were all on the edge of our seet as Doug Brien had his chance to seal the game. Well you all know what happens next but I'll always remember this 50-something year old TOUGH looking guy, with tears flowing down his eyes. I truly felt bad for the guy so I figured out what he was was drinking, walked over to him with a fresh Guiness and said, "here, you need this more than I do." This complete stranger stood up, gave me a hug said, "Thanks You" chugged the Guiness and said, "Hell, Theres always next year!"

J-E-T-S JETS,JETS,JETS!!!
The Peg Jet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its nice to have a bunch of youth around the jets Im not anchent at 26 but it must be nice to have places like this to chat about the jets. When I was 15-16 I alway wanted to know what was up with the Jets but the internet was not that big. I did not have the internet at home till I was 18. We were forced to hope there was alot about the jets on prime time and believe me during the 1-15 season there was not.

^^^
Props to GangGreen64 on the sweet Sig.
JoeWillie12

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jets Fans, It's great to finally find a site with knowledgeable people and not much trolling. props to Footballsfuture.com. I'm a 27 year old who went to his first jets game in 1986 and have been a fan ever since.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikifin30 wrote:
I've made a couple posts but compared to everyone else I'm still new. I've always read forums but never joined one so it's good to finally interact with fellow Jets Fans. It's good to see a variety of people on the forum and I must stay I truly respect the older Jets fans for their loyalty. Jet history has been plagued with a lot of dissapointment so your persistence really shows what kind of fans we have. I'm 22 and go to Rutgers University where I get to see Brian Leonard run and leap over his competition. Us Rutgers fans have been described as being starving for a winning season and Finally it came this year.

Thought I'd Add something to this introduction thread where everyone includes their Favorite Jet Memory.
-My Favorite memory was last year during the 2004 Stealers Playoff game. I was at a Pub in West Orange that was taken over by Jets fans all wearing jerseys. We were all on the edge of our seet as Doug Brien had his chance to seal the game. Well you all know what happens next but I'll always remember this 50-something year old TOUGH looking guy, with tears flowing down his eyes. I truly felt bad for the guy so I figured out what he was was drinking, walked over to him with a fresh Guiness and said, "here, you need this more than I do." This complete stranger stood up, gave me a hug said, "Thanks You" chugged the Guiness and said, "Hell, Theres always next year!"

I live in Jersey, like 30 minutes away from New Brunswick. I'm applying to Rutgers and Brian Leonard is like my favorite college player.

Anyway, Rutgers has been starved for a winning season. I've been to two games in the last two years - Rutgers over Michigan State home opener of 2004 19-14 win and Rutgers over Navy this year 33-21 I think final score was.
Mikifin30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Mikifin30 wrote:

I live in Jersey, like 30 minutes away from New Brunswick. I'm applying to Rutgers and Brian Leonard is like my favorite college player.

Anyway, Rutgers has been starved for a winning season. I've been to two games in the last two years - Rutgers over Michigan State home opener of 2004 19-14 win and Rutgers over Navy this year 33-21 I think final score was.

Those were both very exciting games to see, arguably the top games the past couple of years. I'm finally buying into Coach Shiano's ability and hopes for this team. He is actually getting NJ prospects to stay in the state and go to Rutgers as well as continuing to bring in good talent from Florida by using Miami University's recruiting tactics. Anyways, Good luck with the application, I'm sure RU football will only get better by the time your ready to go to there.
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
Mikifin30 wrote:

So that's why you like Brian Leonard.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well besides the fact that I think he is a complete monster Nike, I've been able to watch him for the last two seasons. I knew he was a good football player, but I never thought he could be an elite one like I think he can now. He has the potential to play FB, TE, and HB. He was a LB in high school and he's extremely tough/physical. At 6'2'' 235 pounds he's an absolute monster and I really think he should play HB in the pros.
Jets/ND

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'm not really new here since I been here for a few weeks, but I never introduced myself. My name is Kenny and I'm in highschool right now, I have been a Jets fan since I was about 5 years old. My most memorable moment was in 2002 when we beat the Packers to win the division. I remember watching the Pats/Dolphins game thinking we had no shot, but things fell into place and it was a great season starting 1-4 and Herm Edwards got the team believing they can still make the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikifin30 wrote:

Where in West Orange? Near Main Street?

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

JVILMA5109NYJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey NikeFootball05 none of the people in the signature forum, even DCowboy31, won't make me one. I'm just wondering if any fellow jets fan will either help me by making one or just show me how to.
Thanks
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVILMA5109NYJ wrote:
Hey NikeFootball05 none of the people in the signature forum, even DCowboy31, won't make me one. I'm just wondering if any fellow jets fan will either help me by making one or just show me how to.
Thanks

Why not?

ihavenothing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm new here and very excited to chat with a community that shares my greatest love. The Jets became my favorite team in 1999, which is when I actually started to pay attention in sports. I am immensely obsessed with the Jets nowadays.

Thanks to kdawg24 for the sig
Soaring Jets Wall of Honor Member
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new here too. I'm pretty young also, I'm 15. My first season as a real fan is the '01(I think) season, theone Vinny brought us to the playoffs against the Raiders. My grandparents had season tickets through the '02-'03 season, so I went to a lot of games, including Chad's first start and their huge 41-0 wildcard win against the Colts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: