Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MY Perfect Lions Mock draft....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotia_Lion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: MY Perfect Lions Mock draft.... Reply with quote

1. 49'ers- Rodgers
2. Dolphins- Ronnie Brown. They want a RB, but not another texas one whoose idle is Ricky Williams, brings up bad memories.
3. Browns- Barron. Crennel is all about the line and defence, and Browns have been searching for a lineman for years. I really don't think they take a QB here
4. Daaa Bears- B. Edwards- Grossman is gonna need some help while getting back to health....offense was brutal last year
5. Bucs- C. Benson- I know Gruden likes the caddy but he doesn't believe the workhorse from TX falls here and snags him up.
6. Titans- A. Rolle. They are gonna loose both CB's this year cause of their minus 25 mill cap space.
7. Da Raidahs- Mike Williams- I say he makes a splash in combine workouts, and you know Al...he loves a star..norv turner is an offensive guy and they're gonna loose Porter
8. Cards- A. Smith- Green swallows his pride and hopefully ends the QB musical chairs and takes a "franchise" QB to go with his boy Larry.
9. Skins- Erasmus James. I know they need offence but their pash push kinda sucks, and all the top WR's are gone.
10. Texans (Lions trade down to 13th and get a second round pick)- D. Johnson- Knowing that the cowboys would snag the amazing homestater in a heartbeat the texans trade with detroit to get the instant impact player. It was a bidding war between coyboys and texans for this pick. Dom Capers loves is D..if barron falls they might do the same thing with us...
11. The Boys- D. Cody-They are fu&kin pissed about not getting Johnson but take the next best thing. D. Cody. Cody has a High motor and gan fill a couple of needs
12. Chargers- Merriman- Chargers can gamble on athetic greatness right now cause they can get a quality reciever with their next 1st round pick
13. Lions- T. Davis- Really the Lions are between a rock and a hard place because they gan get a saftey later on but there is nothing else of need here...no guard or top DE
14. Panthers- Heath Miller- Gives Delhomme some options, espically if they lose their top WR M squared.
15. Cheifs- M. Spears- somebody to stop the run..anybody...
16. Saints- Pac Man- simpy the best available right now...no more d-line picks....
17. Bengals- A. Hawthorne- see K.C. Cheifs
18. Vikings- C. Rodgers- Is it just me or does the vikings CB's suck bum?
19. Rams- J. Brown- I'll stick with the stauts quo here.....somewhere Bulger is crying happy tears...
20. Dallas- D. Pollock. I dunno he just seems like a Parcells guy, and god know dallas needs help on D.
21. Jags- C. Wlliams- Things didn't go right for him to be in top 10...it seems everyone has a decent back and other needs. Fred taylor is always hurt, and he coming into his 30s now i think
22. Ravens- R. White- Everyone knows they want WR's
23. Seahawks- T. Johnson- Their defense really plummeted at the ned of the year, and he solidifies the interior
24. Packers- C. Crowder- They're LB's and DL need work...but I think they LBs really let them down last year
25. Broncos- S. Cody- He can play everywhere along the D-Line...they are aging now...had a few games where teams ran all over them....they get lucky he falls this far
26. J-E-T-S!!!- J. Miller- They could go for a WR here if they loss crebet..but I think they'll go D
27. Hotlanta- K. Barnes- B. Whitfeild was just a disaster...mike needs help up front, so terry makes sense although he may be a slight reach...
28. Chargers- Mark Clayton- I told yah they would be some good WR around here
29. Indy- B. McFadden- Status Quo they need help everywhere on D...
30. Pittsburgh- M. Roth- Billy boy loves this kind of instensity, hes a real Pittsburgh guy...might draft WR or TE if PLax goes
31. Philly- Brondey Poole- Who is dawkins parneter in crime back there...i don't even know...which is how i came to this conclusion
32. Pats- B. Browner- When your the pats you can gamble on players like this....6'4 Cb are u kidding me?

Seconf round Lions Picks...
1.DEJ. Tuck(first)
2. TE A. Smith(second)....they could package their two second rounders and get Tuck in the late first...this depends on what they do during free agency.....
third round- Logan Mankins- Just a mean SOB, just the way Millen likes them

Also I would not be opposed in this scenario if the Lions traded down to high teens or low twenties for a 2nd and a forth getting a quality line man like Tuck, S. Cody, Pollock, Roth....and getting a saftey like Shazor or Poole in the Second along with a OG/TE depending on FA....

In case you didn't know I love Tuck...6'5 260 with 4.55 40...a baby Dwight Freeny but a bigger frame...imagine him and Rogers on that turf...whew...who needs CB's and safties in that case...lol..and I really think we get a nice OG in FA so we'll spend our third pick on a TE...

whoa...that was long...
USNinc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay heres a quick question. What if T. Davis moves to OLB? Do we still try to take a shot for him at S if he's ready to switch?

Mel Kiper has some S named Pool going as the 1st safety taken overall. The kid seems to be a good player.
Need to check it out more.
amaru0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is that if the texans trade up, they'll probably be trying to jump us for Davis.

As for Davis moving to OLB, he could easily, but I doubt it. He was one of the top safeties in the nation and the position is still new to him. Imagine him after he gets a little experience at it!
USNinc

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Davis could be good but Mel Kiper has him sliding and looking for a possible position change.

Stay tuned I guess.
goblue42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Davis will stay at safety though he is in the Shazor mold. As far as Pool he is a good solid safety prospect who will go somewhere in the 2nd round. He is a true safety. He is listed either just ahead or behind Shazor in most rankings with Davis being #1. The trade down scernario just looks too good. This is a moot point but Barron at 3 to Cleveland is probably way too high but I will leave that for the draft fourm Laughing Justin Tuck is really moving up boards and some have him ranked as the highest de. I dont know if I buy that but he is on the move! The des are so bunched up between 1to 10 this is by far the strongest part of the draft!
scotia_Lion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: I few changes. Reply with quote

In terms of Davis..I choked, I really don't want him, but I really thibk the Leo can trade down to a good position for a second rounder like last year. So I say trade with the saints for 16th and second rounder....don't take davis and take tuck instead..because in the end I really don't like taking a S in the first espeically one that supposedly can't cover.
Also I now remeber who the other eagles saftey is.... Pro Bowler Micheal Lewis. So I'll give them WR Chris Henry instead. Opps
USNinc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemme find the link to ESPN and Mel Kipers top 25 board. he has Pool as the only S in the top 25. Davis moved down from 23 to off the board.

I'm not preaching the words of Kiper but he usually has some inside track to a player switching positions or being looked at.
I've seen Pool going at 12 in the 1st round. I think he may be getting the better looks.

This is all moot as well until the combine.
amaru0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE really is the strongest area in the draft, which is why taking one in the 1st round would be a horrible move. Davis is the best safety in the draft, safety is our biggest need, take Davis.

But, as was pointed out earlier, all this is moot until april. The combine will move some people around, but the free agency period and the owners meeting (when all the trades happen) will have the biggest effect on who's going where. Team needs can get a complete overhaul in the next 2 months.
scotia_Lion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: i have to disagree Reply with quote

I think the DB's are the strongest part of this draft, which is why I think the Leos can wait until the second round to grab a S ( if they havn't looked after it in FA..even so it still might be a good idea since Marion is old). DE doesn't seem to be that great in terms of a few really top guys, A Bunch seem to be late first rounders, and I really don't think its wise to grab a S in the first part of 1st round....I think R. Williams was the excpetion to the rule along with Taylor, and Davis is not even close to them. In terms of Tuck I really think he will turn it on and be a consensus top 2 DE in the draft, and with his edge speed he would be a great compliment to the collsping presence of Rogers. In the end the Lions might not even be able to trade down for him, if he lasts until ten at all.

The Lions DL isn't as good as people make it out to be...redding is okay but not great, and I think he'll move inside later on....Big Daddy and Pritchett are getting ready to retire.... And the DE's arn't so solid as Devries has Major injury problems with sports hyneria, and the coaches are getting fed up with Edwards whoose contract is coming up. So a top notch passer is a need I think.
amaru0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Pritchett is getting ready to go, Big Daddy still has a few years left, but will need fresh blood soon. Soon though, not now. It's not about the names or the individuals on the line, its about production. The D Line led the NFL in sacks by a front line and kept the team just above the middle of the NFL in rush defense, ranked 15th. The problem is, when the line gets through and puts pressure on the QB, the corners are watching for dumpoffs and scrambling (which they're supposed to), but the safeties aren't getting over the top to provide the deep help to the CB's, and that leaves big plays open when they looked broken. Until we get the safety issue taken care of, we will continue to lose the close games on big plays late and will not get the key stops throughout the game.
scotia_Lion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just saying that T. Davis doesn't seem any better than a Poole, or Shazor who could be obtained in the ealry second or late first. No S in this draft is worth the 10th pick. Did the Lions really lead the L in sacks, i know they were up there but 1st is quite an accomplishment if true. S, and deapball/big plays might not be much of a problem if the opposing QB's only have time to through passes after a three step drop. Just a different philosphey i guess
peace
USNinc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned in a different thread that we could land a 1st round DE in the 2nd round. One will slip to us.

I think S is a need but I'm starting to lose my feeling on Davis.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: