Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Moulds trade value

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skins_warrior26

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Moulds trade value Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm a redskins fan and want to know what we would have to give up to get Moulds. I've noticed that he isnt liking his place in Buffalo and with the suspension a new team might be right idea. What would you guys want for him, including anything realistic, draft picks, players?
skins_warrior26

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

offcourse after the offseason, im just thinking the skins need a big wr next to s.moss. Smile
Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Moulds trade value Reply with quote

skins_warrior26 wrote:
Hey guys I'm a redskins fan and want to know what we would have to give up to get Moulds. I've noticed that he isnt liking his place in Buffalo and with the suspension a new team might be right idea. What would you guys want for him, including anything realistic, draft picks, players?

I think Moulds will be cut in the offseason, so really no one will pay too much for him. If a GM is concerned about losing out in FA, I think he could be had for a 4th. If there's competition...maybe a 3rd.
Buff Naked

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he will be cut too....his contract is way too much. Similar to why we couldn't trade Bledsoe.

A sixth or seventh would do it.

Although its not a given that we will cut Moulds. We need all the WR help we can get and we are in a decent cap space position.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on ESPN earlier today said that this reminds them of the Mushin Muhammad situation last season.

Same age, same situation, same everything.

Mushin Muhammad = 6'2", 215

Eric Moulds = 6'2", 210

Both are 32.

But, will Eric Moulds get a six-year contract with a $12 million signing bonus? Mushin Muhammad's contract includes base salaries of $665,000 (2005), $1.02 million (2006), $1.915 million (2007), $1.6 million (2008), $2 million (2009) and $4 million (2010). You have to believe that Eric Moulds is going to probably get something in that area. He has to get something in that area. Eric Moulds has more catches, yards, and the same amount of touchdowns as Mushin Muhammad. Plus, Eric Moulds isn't the type of questionable injury risk that Mushin Muhammad is.

I would easily dish out a five-year contract to Eric Moulds.

I really hope the Pittsburgh Steelers go after him.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Buff Naked

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference between Moulds and Muhammad is that Moulds isn't coming off a great season. I don't think he'll get a contract even close to Muhammad. I guess it depends on the demand though.

If he is released whoever gets him will get a steal.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buff Naked wrote:
The difference between Moulds and Muhammad is that Moulds isn't coming off a great season. I don't think he'll get a contract even close to Muhammad. I guess it depends on the demand though.

If he is released whoever gets him will get a steal.

Well, most of Eric Moulds' troubles this season have come because of J.P. Losman.

Last season, he had a good season.

I would easily, without hesitation, throw a five-year deal to Eric Moulds.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moulds has no trade value. He's going to get released. His salary is untradeable. He'll get a good deal in free agency like Moose did, but guys like him don't get traded with salaries like that, when they have an "off" season.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Mouldds cap hit if we release or trade him?
SDninetyeight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know what it is if we release him but if we dont he's owed 10.8 mil this upcoming year, i bet hell renegiotate to lower that cap number

Yes that is an Ashlee Palmer Sig
The Pride of Ole Miss
plwildrick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Moulds Reply with quote

Moulds cap hit is like 5.5M, 10.8M if not cut. He is a goner unless they can renegotiate with him. That isn't likely because other teams will offer him more than the Bills can. Any picks offered, the Bills would take it in a heartbeat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: