Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Logan Mankins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Logan Mankins Reply with quote

Wonder if pioli is keeping an eye on the mankins situation. Its gotten really ugly in NE. Its gotten personal now with him calling out the owner and demanding a trade now. I would love to have him as a player in kc but contractually would probly take over 8 or 9 million a year and I just can't see paying an OG that much.
FrostyCow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly, but I don't think Pioli will make the investment of a high pick (Mankins will require at least a 2nd IMO) for a position we're kind of set at. Waters and Lilja have the starting positions now, and Asamoah seems to be poised to take over Waters spot when he leaves. If Lilja falters this year and Waters retires, we still have Asamoah and another off season to address the line. It seems kind of silly to trade a high pick for an insurance policy when we can address it next year. I think our interior offensive line is looking pretty decent now, with center being the weakest position.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trade part of this is what I don't like. If he was an UFA, then I'd be interested in getting him, even at $8mill/year. I'm excited about Lilja, but his size and durtability is a concern for me. I agree Asamoah needs to be given a shot at one of the OG spots soon, but the other is hardly settled IMO. However, for now, I don't really want any part of this, because I'm sure the Pats would want at least a 2nd for him, and next year we could probably get a darn good OG, or what we really probably need in a Center with that 2nd rounder.

^ryknowssd on the sig
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the way they are trying to build chemistry, I would not touch Mankins with a pointed stick.

About the OL. During OTA they were very vanilla: Albert, Waters, Wiegmann, Lilja, RoC. It would not surprise me if they went into the season exactly that format.

However, that is the surface. It is the easiest way to get continuity, but it is strictly short term. Wiegmann has at most a couple years left. Waters is getting on as well. Injuries happen. During the season, and next off season, changes will have to be made, and they will be getting ready for those changes.

Asamoah needs a long term position, and he can play either side, and possibly C. Lilja makes too much sense as C, not to get at least a long look. Niswanger is a possible replacement at Waters' retirement. By next fall, I would not be surprised to see this line: Albert, Niswanger, Lilja, Asamoah, RoC.

J

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: