Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GAMEDAY THREAD: Raiders vs. Bengals-Week 11- Nov. 22, 2009
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yogi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: GAMEDAY THREAD: Raiders vs. Bengals-Week 11- Nov. 22, 2009 Reply with quote

I'm ready to talk about this one. They're 7-2 , we're 2-7. They've never won in Oakland, their best runner is out plus a G, LB, FS, and both CBs likely too. Although on paper we'll get killed, I'm feeling that familiar pre-game optimism once again. Cool

My optimistic scenario goes something like..our D line dominates and pressures Palmer, we return to our Philly blitz package, our secondary handles 85 and Coles, and Grad manages to semi-pick apart their secondary and we hang on for the win.
Al davis=0-16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It finally feels great going into a game knowing that Jamarcus has his sorry butt on the bench, where it belongs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can win this one. Our defense has shown when they have something they can play outstandingly to defend that. Grad will inspire the defense to play well with his style of QB play and I think the offense will rally around him. I am not exspecting a big game stat wise but a W could be very possible imo.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad that Bruce 'Almighty' Gradkowski is starting, as irrespective of what he does or doesn't bring to the table by way of talent, we at least have a QB who is fully plugged in and breaking his [inappropriate/removed] to get results - that I can respect.

If we are going to win against Cinci, we need to use a lot of 2-TE sets - effectively giving Bruce a bigger OL or two big, reliable targets across the middle. This should help the running game as well.

Hopefully the change at QB will be a line in the sand - time will tell.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be great to finally have some fire at the QB position. A guy who is going to work at least. Bruce is far from the answer, but then again who knows. It would be a great story to see him just bust out. Doubtful.

I look for Grad to bring some life to the offense. Though limited, I think he can at least move the chains and give the defense a breather from to time. However Cable needs to let him play his game. Don't handcuff him, let him move and make plays.

Hopefully the defense brings it. That will be the key. Larry Johnson will get some run this week against a team he has beaten up on.

The defense of the Bengals goes to hard however for Oakland to have a lot of success. They are easily one of, if no the best team in AFC right now. They are playing a level few teams are.

That said, I can't predict a win. It would be a shocker, but these guys are not the Eagles. They are better.
#1RAIDER FAN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the tough matchup, I'm actually gonna make an effort to watch the game since Grad is playing.
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
It will be great to finally have some fire at the QB position. A guy who is going to work at least. Bruce is far from the answer, but then again who knows. It would be a great story to see him just bust out. Doubtful.

It would make a great intro for 'America's Game' Smile
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over/Under: 10 points for the offense? Embarassed
steeltrap

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Raider Nation Laughing Steeler fan here. Just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow. And hope that you guys might do us a favor, and beat those Damn Bengals on Sunday for us. Of course I KNOW that the Raiders intention is to never beat anyone for anyone else but themselves. And that's a good thing.But, since we laid an egg against Cincy last sunday. It is my HOPE that after that 2nd emotional win over us, a divisional opponent, that they just might be taking you guys a bit too lightly. Not to mention the long 3,000 + mile trip may take a toll on them. As stated, I wish you good luck tomorrow. And we will have our own battle with you a bit later on in Pittsburgh. I HOPE the Steelers don't take your team, or anyone else lightly. If this league has proven anything it's,,,ANYONE can defeat anyone else on " Any given Sunday "

Peace,
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely wouldn't like to help the Steelers out of all teams...
SPaceGhost

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:

I'm calling 20 for our offense, 2 TDs and 2 FGs. What it really comes down to is Grad coming out of the gates and hitting his receivers... if he doesn't, long day. If the receivers start dropping balls (DHB!) long day. We'll run well, defense will play well... if Grad and the receivers are on the same page I see a win. Cool

EDIT: Defense needs to blitz. If we let Palmer sit back and pick us apart we'll lose. They know they can run, and our run D ain't great... still, blitz and blitz some more, at least enough to make them think its coming. Against an offense this good taking a risk, even gambling, is a good idea.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:

Definitely over 10 now that Russell aint starting

Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched bruce when he was with the bucs and he doesnt throw a very good deep ball,but look for us to have a huge day running the ball,because they have a small defensive line,and look for alot of quick out pattern routes and seam routes
Yogi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
I watched bruce when he was with the bucs and he doesnt throw a very good deep ball,but look for us to have a huge day running the ball,because they have a small defensive line,and look for alot of quick out pattern routes and seam routes

Good. Let our receivers catch and run for yardage. The bombs are low percentage plays especially with receivers who can't make tough catches. They'll have mostly backup defenders so we need to execute a more finesse passing attack and exploit their secondary's soft underbelly.

These guys are #2 in the league against the run so it's hard to imagine us doing well there. The opportunity to move the ball through the air will be when they load the box. Can Grad read and react well to that? If so, we might be able to upset their game plan enough to capture the momentum and crowd and be competitive through 4 quarters.
theJ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Oh i don't know about that. I saw a lot of games from Bruce when he played for Toledo, and he's got a howitzer on his right shoulder. But neither the Toledo O or the Bucs O ever did anything to take advantage of that. I for one hope they never go deep.

EDIT: That is to say, he threw the deep ball well for Toledo.

Yogi wrote:
I'm ready to talk about this one. They're 7-2 , we're 2-7. They've never won in Oakland, their best runner is out plus a G, LB, FS, and both CBs likely too.

Yeah Ced will be out, as well as Evan Mathis and Keith Rivers. But Nate Livings is not a step down at G, since he was the penciled in starter at the start of the season before he got hurt. He played well last week against the Steelers.

Brandon Johnson, Rivers replacement, has been arguably better than Rivers. So no loss there either. Obviously we'd like to have those guys, but the replacements aren't scrubs.

Crocker is going to play, according Geoff Hobson on Bengals.com. I think J. Jo is going to go as well, and i'm not sure about Trent Morgan. But Leon Hall (the other starter) is not banged up at all.

And there's your injury report from a Bengals fan.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: