Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FA CB's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which FA CB do you want the Chiefs to sign?
Ken Lucas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fred Smoot
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Samari Rolle
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

T-RICH49

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: FA CB's Reply with quote

I say either Smoot or Lucas

RIP DT 1/1/67 - 2/8/00 Always Buckle Up
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in all honesty i heard a report yesterday that sold me on patrick surtain. they said miami is having a tough time finding people to trade for him because he is a man press corner and so many teams want cover 2 corners .. well this suits us great ! we want press corners in our defense ! thats why i choose samari ! i'd like to sign samari rolle right now and i'd be so happy to trade our 2nd rounder for surtain ! lucas isnt as good as samari .. and i would rather spend the 2nd rnder of surtain than smoot (rfa) rolle and surtain with warfield and wesley and woods. i think if that happened i would say draft burnett or channing crowder at 15 and get james kinney (mizzou) in the 4th. i'd probably prefer burnett over crowder unless crowder was to totally wow people with his speed .. the mazlowski barber fugita issue is making it hard to plan .. will fujita be resigned . .will maz retire . . will barber be able to play again and be good . .

... it's good that the raiders made the move they made . . it puts some pressure on the chiefs brass to make their moves

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
2TP3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of them are great but Id have to go with Rolle and maybe Lucas as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can forget both Rolle and Surtain. They will have to restructure Surtain's deal. Both CB will command $12-15M signing bonus. In fact forget two CB FA/trade acquisitions period. Even Smoot and the rest of the second tier FA CBs will command $10M+ according Len Pasquerelli.

We'll be lucky if the Chief's pony up that much for one guy, yet alone two.
kml4ksu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: 2 fREE AGENT cBS Reply with quote

a $10 MILLION BONUS plus a minimal yearly salary given on a 6 year contract only counts against the cap about $1.75 million. I think the Chiefs are in a position to be able to sign at least 2 guys like this and maybe a third at a slightly lower cap slot.

I think Carl is going to go for it this year and forsake the future more than he ever has done in the past.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: