Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs intrested in Surtain
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCCHIEFS_58

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Chiefs intrested in Surtain Reply with quote

Word out that the Chiefs, Jets, and Colts are all very much in the battle for Patrick Surtain. I d love to see KC pick him up>
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's definitely an upgrade over Bartee and McLeon. I would rather see us try to bring in Smoot and then maybe a released vet like Chad Scott.

Surtain is good, but there are better ways we could go.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphins fan here....the miami herald confirmed that the cheifs were officially pursuing Surtain along with the jets and colts.

It would probably be between the chiefs and colts, because the jets would have to give up a crapload of stuff to get a probowl CB from a division rival.

The dolphins are probably looking for draft picks, DT's, and Safetys. What do you guys think the chiefs would trade for surtain???
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft picks would be tricky. The Chiefs are short a third as it is. So I doubt they'd be willing to give up a second in a Surtain trade. They'd probably be willing to give up a couple of their day two picks for him. Maybe they'd be willing to ship them a cheaper player like Shaunard Harts or Lionel Dalton in a draft pick package.
Mongo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryChiefsFan wrote:
Draft picks would be tricky. The Chiefs are short a third as it is. So I doubt they'd be willing to give up a second in a Surtain trade. They'd probably be willing to give up a couple of their day two picks for him. Maybe they'd be willing to ship them a cheaper player like Shaunard Harts or Lionel Dalton in a draft pick package.

That's not gonna get it done. I thought it was yet to be determined whether our 3 or 4 goes to Philly. I'd give the 2nd rounder for him without a second thought, if we can't Samari Rolle or Woodson without giving up something.
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think their first path should try to get Rolle, Woodson, Smoot, Law, someone without giving up a draft pick. Then the second round pick should go for another corner anyway. They need that much secondary help.

I've read mixed reports on Surtain, and some feel he is grossly overrated and a product of a system. I think he's pretty good, but corner is the deepest position in free agency this year. We can find someone better without trading a draft pick.
KCCHIEFS_58

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolle, law and woodson are just gonna be out of the price range. we need more than just 1 cb so if we can get surtain by maybe shipping a 4th and Derrick Blaylock, which would be a decent deal, i m hoping the chiefs do something this offseason. If they get Law then thats about all they are going to be able to get , so they better be smart about it because Surtain has more INT then any CB out there the past years so if you can get him then you better
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

basicly we have two choices, trade for Surtain or get smoot

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've read mixed reports on Surtain, and some feel he is grossly overrated and a product of a system

I may be a biased opinion, but I don't see that at all. I hate to see Surtain leave, because I feel he is one of the best corners to ever come through Miami. I'd rather see Sam Madison go, but when it comes to the cap numbers, he's just too much for Miami right now.
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if we resign blaylock and then trade him along with a 5th this year and a 4/3 depending on how well he plays, like if he makes the pro bowl or something.

LJ And a 5th next years 4/3
For
Patrick Surtain

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room

Last edited by KCALLTHEWAY on Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you are saying that Surtain would be equivalent as a early 3rd round pick. I think the fins would get a lot better offers than that. Besides, they are looking for DT's and Safetys. (they will probably pick up a RB in the draft)
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCALLTHEWAY wrote:
what if we resign blaylock and then trade him along with a 5th this year and a 4/3 depending on how well he plays, like if he makes the pro bowl or something.

Blaylock And a 5th next years 4/3
For
Patrick Surtain

You realize you are talking about Patrick Surtain, All-Pro corner with 17 INT in the last three years, right?

Come on! A third string RB and 2 second day picks! There's no way. The Colts are supposedly offering Edjerrin James.

Let's switch things around. Would you trade Priest Holmes to Miami for third string CB Will Poole, a 5th and a conditional 3/4 next year? I don't think so! Miami would be very happy though.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, wasn't blaylock a 5th round pick??

ok, and i think miami will trade jay fiedler and a conditional pick for Randy Moss, depending on how well he plays.....ROFL
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*edit* LJ not Blaylock

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
figure8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts can't trade James because he is a free agent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: