Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 11 GDT - Steelers @ Chiefs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 35083
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Week 11 GDT - Steelers @ Chiefs Reply with quote



@



When?
November 22nd 2009 Cool

Site of the Contest?



Arrowhead Stadium Very Happy

Pittsburgh's Week 10 Results : 18-12 L vs Cincinnati

Kansas City's Week 10 Results : 16-10 W vs Oakland

In respect for the Chiefs two victories, here's two interesting facts

-The last game between the Steelers and Chiefs @ Arrowhead, the Chiefs won 41-20 thanks to a stellar performance by Priest Holmes.

-The Kansas City Chiefs were actually originated in 1960 thanks to club founder Lamar Hunt. The team was originally named the Dallas Texans.

Steelers Keys To Victory

(1) Pressure Cassel from the right side of the OL. The Chiefs strong side of the OL has been troubled all year.

(2) Ward needs to be a key factor up the middle of the field in the pass game.

(3) Make a better effort to contain the Special Teams!


Chiefs Keys To Obtain Victory

(1) Make a better effort to contain the run

(2) Utilize the TE. Steelers tend to be weak when containing TE's.

(3) Make the best of Special Teams play


These boys started in Dallas! So let's show them how much we loathe that certain Dallas team! Twisted Evil


Here's to an injury free game!

LETS GO STEELERS!!!
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SG3


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 8113
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn this is gonna be a tough one.

LMAO
_________________
< LOTO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RandomHero


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 8170
Location: Chesham
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really should be a game we win comfortably. But we always seems to have games like this that we slip up on Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74840
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if no one minds, i'm going to pick the Steelers in this one.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sandwiche


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 8736
Location: Hiram College - avy by Delphi83
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
if no one minds, i'm going to pick the Steelers in this one.


WHAT!!! vike daddy, THIS IS MADNESS!!!
_________________

takeonme on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MOSteelers56


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 5230
Location: Anywheresville Missouri
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandwiche wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
if no one minds, i'm going to pick the Steelers in this one.


WHAT!!! vike daddy, THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Madness?


THIS IS SPARTA!!!
(Kick into a whole)
_________________

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steeltrap


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 247
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This normally would be a " Trap " game. However, since the steelers lost at home to Cincy, I doubt they come in unprepared. But with that said, never take ANY Road game for granted. The next two games will tell the tale of whether or not we can comeback and take our division.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greene91fan


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 1751
Location: Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope just as much as the next Steeler fan that we take the division, however I see that possibility being very unlikely. I hope to hell that I'm wrong believe me. But we need to show more consistency on a week to week basis down the stretch in all phases. This goes back to the Vikes game, in particular with the ST unit. Even though we stepped up on defense, the special teams unit, in particular the coverage units, put a hurting on us. Against Denver I saw Logan take some ill advised kicks out of the endzone which really disturbed me. Last Sunday against Cincy, the coverage unit broke down again. I like our chances against KC and I really don't see us losing this game but it is possible. The point I'm trying to make is that I would like to see a vast improvement in our coverage and KO return game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 35083
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol @ my inability to put a POLL in there Brick wall


I doubt anyone would actually pick KC anyway Shocked
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RandomHero


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Posts: 8170
Location: Chesham
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a few KC fans just for giggles.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11191
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV distribution:

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2009/11-CBS-E.html


I'm JUST outside of the coverage. Sad
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11935
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Steelers don't win by at least 30+ I have a hard time thinking it's capable enough to beat any legit team. I mean the Bengals completely destroyed the Bears and we couldn't even put up half the points the Bengal did.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SG3


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 8113
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you the Steelers wont be putting up more than 30 on the Chiefs. These games where we are supposed to blow teams out, we lay down the first half, then play with enthusiasm in the second half.

Brandon Flowers Vs. Holmes will be a nice match up to watch.
_________________
< LOTO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
steeltrap


Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Posts: 247
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
If the Steelers don't win by at least 30+ I have a hard time thinking it's capable enough to beat any legit team. I mean the Bengals completely destroyed the Bears and we couldn't even put up half the points the Bengal did.




That's a pretty silly think to say. KC is only giving up 25 Pts a game at home.
38 & 37 respectfully to Baltimore and San Diego The Raven game was the first game of the year. And I think I read somewhere where KC had like 34 new players this season, so with that lack of continuity, it's not surprising that they would. And if you know anything about the Chargers, you know if given the opportunity, their head coach LOVES to run up the score on anyone. Even when the games are secure, he leaves Rivers in the entire game, and all their starters. The Giants won there by only 11, and that was when they were as HOT as any current NFL team. Dallas barely won by 6, and that took OT to do.
So your notion that IF the Steelers don't win by 30 + Pts, or they shouldn't be taken seriously is ridiculous sir. I mean you DO know who the defending Super Bowl Champs are, don't you ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11935
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steeltrap wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
If the Steelers don't win by at least 30+ I have a hard time thinking it's capable enough to beat any legit team. I mean the Bengals completely destroyed the Bears and we couldn't even put up half the points the Bengal did.




That's a pretty silly think to say. KC is only giving up 25 Pts a game at home.
38 & 37 respectfully to Baltimore and San Diego The Raven game was the first game of the year. And I think I read somewhere where KC had like 34 new players this season, so with that lack of continuity, it's not surprising that they would. And if you know anything about the Chargers, you know if given the opportunity, their head coach LOVES to run up the score on anyone. Even when the games are secure, he leaves Rivers in the entire game, and all their starters. The Giants won there by only 11, and that was when they were as HOT as any current NFL team. Dallas barely won by 6, and that took OT to do.
So your notion that IF the Steelers don't win by 30 + Pts, or they shouldn't be taken seriously is ridiculous sir. I mean you DO know who the defending Super Bowl Champs are, don't you ?


Know what's silly is the this team is playing uninspired football right now and the Chiefs are the perfect team to right the ship.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group