Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top Pick?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you support a trade up to the top pick to take Williams?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

David

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Top Pick? Reply with quote

I am making my mock and have been looking at who might be willing to trade up, and other various trades. As ravens fans how would u judge a trade up to the top pick to acquire mike williams? I was thinking that for your 1st in 2005 and 2006 for 1st over all is a decent trade that would bring in williams to make a difference. Please let me know if you agree with that at all.
Swedishraven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we would have to give up A LOT moore than 2 late first rounders to get to nr 1 overall. The nr 1 spot is extremely valuable. Take a look at one of the many Draft Value Charts that you can find on the net and you'll get an idea how valuable the pick is (I'm not saying the niners will get exact value for their pick but it will be in that range).

So would i trade 2 first rounders for Mike Williams? yes i think so, if he looks good in workouts and haven't spent the last season eating potato chips and watching TV. But we would probably have to give up moore and that would be to much
mic79e

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure at the moment. Like Sweedishraven said, I need to see what kind of condition he's in first. That will also determine how far up we'd have to go, he might still be there in the early teens.

I'll tell you this much. I wouldn't support a trade for the number 1 pick overall, far too costly. But if Mike Williams is in the same condition as last April then I'd be happy if we drafted him from the 6th pick onwards.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mic79e explained my thoughts exactly, first overall pick would be far to expensive, especially from the 22 spot. However, if he is in good condition and the ravens seem to like him, i wouldnt be bothered by a trade up into the 6-12 range.

By the way, thanks for asking our opinion and if you dont mind giving you a suggestion, if you decide not the have the ravens trade up, go against the grain and give us who you think is the best player available(Carlos Rogers, Justin Miller, Dan Cody, David Pollack, Jamal Brown, whoever you feel is the best player avaiavle). Thanks again and good luck with your mock!
mcdni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255 wrote:
By the way, thanks for asking our opinion and if you dont mind giving you a suggestion, if you decide not the have the ravens trade up, go against the grain and give us who you think is the best player available(Carlos Rogers, Justin Miller, Dan Cody, David Pollack, Jamal Brown, whoever you feel is the best player avaiavle). Thanks again and good luck with your mock!

In addition to taking BPA (All of the above mentioned players), the Ravens would consider trading down from 22 for a late first and a second or two 2nd rounders. Only in one of these scenarios would Clayton or Williamson appear in Baltimore. With the extra picks we are looking for CB,OT and DE but are not restricted to these positions. Still look at BPA.
David

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw your guys others posts about how u hate eveone reaching and have them taking a wr, and i compleetly agree. I am from minnesota and go so sick of Denny streaching to take the best D line men avalible instead of the best player at a possiotion of need and geting demetrious underwoods in return. I would be intersted in what you guys think of all this randy moss stuff. I will say we should not trade him unless there is a trade that a team shouldnt offer us. I like the idea of trading down tho i use it in my mocks some beacuse people never do, they think that people will not like it if they trade out of a spot where there is no one worth the pick. Like in my old one i had the vikings trading out of round 1 becuase there was no one left that had value to the vikes.
mic79e

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would be intersted in what you guys think of all this randy moss stuff.

Check out these three topics in the Baltimore forum:

-- Randy Moss?
-- Possible WRs in the offseason
-- If...........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: