Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens WR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which WR should the Ravens get in the offseason?
Lavernues Coles
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Derrick Mason
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Muhsin Muhammed
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Jerry Porter
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Troy Williamson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mike Williams
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Braylon Edwards
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Plaxico Burress
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Ravens WR Reply with quote

Just want to know your opinions
I would personally love to see them trade up and grab mike williams. he could do great things in baltimore.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.”
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i look at the price tag each will come with compared to their skills, age, and history i like Coles the best, but i think the Ravens need to go after 2 of those guys.
RavensFan20

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would take coles becuase he is fearless and is a deep threat, but if we could trade up and get williams i would defintly do it. it looks like the 9ers and browns and bears are looking to trade down
Swedishraven

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coles would be great but do you really think they will just release him? Their not in cap trouble (infact i believe they would get a noticeable cap hit by getting rid of him, he got a big deal just two years ago) so if he really wants out I think they will put him up for trade and someone will offer something for him, the skins gave up a first rounder for him just two years ago. And another thing if he thinks the skins offense is to conservative why would he wan't to come here? Can the addition of Fassel as OC convince him that we'll pass more this year?

He's still worth trading for and i definatley would like him here but this story sound a little to good to be true (the coming here part, not leaving the skins, why would anyone want to play for them?)
mic79e

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Coles hands down. Like Swedishraven said I'm a little sceptical as to whether the Redskins will simply release him, rather than trying to trade him. However if Coles were traded, then Washington would take a salary cap hit of more than $9 million. The incentive to release Coles is that he has apparently agreed to return half of his signing bonus. Which would mean that there would be almost no financial ramifications, leaving the team in better shape to sign and re-sign players.

As for Troy Williamson, Braylon Edwards and even Mike Williams they are all far too inexperienced. Without Travis Taylor and Kevin Johnson the Raven’s receivers combined number of starts doesn’t total a single season!!! We need to get Boller someone who is ready to go now, not in three years when he is long gone and considered a failure.
mcdni

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to go with Coles, but I would like ot get 2 of thos receivers. Personally I would like both Coles and Mason. Two experienced WRs that could bring along the young guys like Moore, Hymes and Darling, but still be productive. I really hope we can open up the offence this year. The defence can hold most teams and with an offence that can score we would be a big threat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: