Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jonathan Baldwin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greene91fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Jonathan Baldwin Reply with quote

Caught a glimpse of this kid last night. I know he's only a Soph, but would he be worth a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick when he does come out. I mean, it would be an intriguing target for a QB. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the guy. Thanks.
jcm412

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude we dont even know where this draft classes' WR stack up. How can we guess next years or the year afters? He has alot of potential and if he keeps it up he will probably be a 1st rd pick a year or two from now. He is no L.Fitzgerald though.
greene91fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t was just a question about the guy. I don't know that much about the guy and was looking for some useful information on him. That's all.
jcm412

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greene91fan wrote:
t was just a question about the guy. I don't know that much about the guy and was looking for some useful information on him. That's all.

He is a local kid, an Alaquipa boy. He is a big, tall, strong WR. 6'6 225lbs. He has some speed i believe he runs around a 4.4 from what i have read. Decent blocker. Route running could use some work. Usually wins the jump ball given his size. He reminds me of a Vincent Jackson type player. Has some off the field issues.
greene91fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He is a local kid, an Alaquipa boy. He is a big, tall, strong WR. 6'6 225lbs. He has some speed i believe he runs around a 4.4 from what i have read. Decent blocker. Route running could use some work. Usually wins the jump ball given his size. He reminds me of a Vincent Jackson type player. Has some off the field issues.

Thanks. Does anyone know if he's played well against top competition?
Aldo_the_Apache

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baldwin's Game Log- http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/gamelog?playerId=379066&year=2009
ESPN Draft Blog on Baldwin-http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4659483&name=nfl_draft
He's for real IMO. Vincent Jackson is a good comparison. Marques Colston is who I think of, as far as ability. But, there's always a chance that a big WR like this turns into a Mike Williams-type disaster.
Personally, I'd say somewhere around Colston in terms of production, if he gets to the right team. The ESPN blog compares him Calvin Johnson, which I think is abit much at this point.
skywlker32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldo_the_Apache wrote:
Baldwin's Game Log- http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/gamelog?playerId=379066&year=2009
ESPN Draft Blog on Baldwin-http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4659483&name=nfl_draft
He's for real IMO. Vincent Jackson is a good comparison. Marques Colston is who I think of, as far as ability. But, there's always a chance that a big WR like this turns into a Mike Williams-type disaster.
Personally, I'd say somewhere around Colston in terms of production, if he gets to the right team. The ESPN blog compares him Calvin Johnson, which I think is abit much at this point.

The Johnson comparison is probably mostly based on size and speed parts of his game.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: