Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Few ups, many downs...Bengals game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Few ups, many downs...Bengals game Reply with quote

Ups
1. Colon: Only lineman who played decent. Not great, but not many other ups.
2. Holmes: One dropped pass on a hard catch, but for the most part, was the only guy getting open.
3. Sepulveda: Solid punting job.
4. Moore: Not many chances, did well with the few he had.

Down
Everything else. Seriously, I dont even feel like listing them all....barf.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
coleman397

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta give a big down to playcalling. Switch it up from time to time for crying out loud. It was the same drop back almost every single time. I also don't understand huge 40-50 yard bombs into double coverage. What is the deal with that?

Credit to Cinci's defense, but it just seemed like we helped their cause.
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay made some plays early.

The coaching in this game just seemed so bad. Bad plan on top of the bad execution.

What was it with all the long bombs with 0 chance of a catch? We got one interference call but i'd rather not chuck that ball up there for grabs.

Reed has got to be the shortest kicker on kickoffs in the league. The long ones are line drives and to the 5. Coverage has little chance of success and then they are not so good anyway. We are giving up too much field position on kickoffs to say nothing of the touchdowns. reeds tackling effort is awful as well. Pretend the returner is a drunk chick at a bar for gods sake.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghengis Graz wrote:
Gay made some plays early.

The coaching in this game just seemed so bad. Bad plan on top of the bad execution.

What was it with all the long bombs with 0 chance of a catch? We got one interference call but i'd rather not chuck that ball up there for grabs.

Reed has got to be the shortest kicker on kickoffs in the league. The long ones are line drives and to the 5. Coverage has little chance of success and then they are not so good anyway. We are giving up too much field position on kickoffs to say nothing of the touchdowns. reeds tackling effort is awful as well. Pretend the returner is a drunk chick at a bar for gods sake.

Yeah, that made me really made.

Receivers werent getting open downfiled at all, yet Ben still threw it.

I can understand taking some shots down field. Not like they did today, though.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay deserves at UP

he had great coverage early on, played well and consistent all game. Showed hustle when it wasnt needed, and was there to make the stop on the muffed XP

Play calling was HORRIBLE. Why did we not utilize Mendenhall Think
greene91fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UP

1. We may have moved up in the 2010 draft Rolling Eyes

2. Kiesel, IMO he's playing well of late, albeit he played against a second string tackle today, but still.

3. Moore-not many touches but made an impact

4. Woodley-I thought he played a solid game with the exception of the flat route he couldn't figure out what he wanted to do on.

5. Coverage- Their top two WR accumulated less then 100 yards receiving, and we didn't have Troy for most of the game.
greene91fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downs, I forgot to put... Embarassed

1. Kickoff coverage/Kickoffs

2. Big Ben's Decision making

3. Play calling

4. Timmons-I'm pretty quick to defend LT but what I saw was unispired football today

5. O-line(except Colon)
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greene91fan wrote:
UP

1. We may have moved up in the 2010 draft Rolling Eyes

maybe we moved up enough for someone like Taylor Mays Rolling Eyes

(the Rolling Eyes isn't towards you greene91fan. Im on the same page as you as far as the "moving up in the draft" goes)
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down

Playcalling was terrible

Coaching Tomlin needs to insert himself and take chances. Could of saved his defense and offense three points with a first half challenge. Can't keep lettomg Arians call passes on 3rd and shorts.

Big Ben I think he look shook all game and never got in a grove, but I put some of that on coaching and playcalling. Big Ben needs to realize he doesn't have to pump fake when throwing to Wallace.

Up

Defense played extremely well giving up 12 points w/o it's best playmaker and player.

S. Holmes played like the best offensive player and continues to improve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4-3 fronts continue to gash this offense from the interior.

Seriously, when was the last time we beat a respectable 4-3 team other then Minnesota?
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the umpteenth time....

DO NOT EMPTY THE BACKFIELD IN THE REDZONE!! OR EVER!!!!

Ever notice that when the Steelers empty the backfield the opposing defense blitzes?? I have.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Dracula58

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No effort to run the football
Play calling was bad and transparent
I'm so sick of that pump fake. It's more of a joke than a tool.
No attempt to move Ben from the pocket with Bootlegs and rollouts
[inappropriate/removed] poor kick coverage

I feel the D did what they needed to do and the offense failed to hold up their end of the deal.
Pipes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible game by Ben. That's the worst he has played in a year and a half. Worst showing by the OL so far this season too. In combination, that makes your offense suck.

That kickoff return TD was absolutely pathetic. Jeff Reed is 100% gone after this season. If he misses a few FG's, it might be during this season. Horrible kickoffs and absolutely no tackling effort. Is it really so hard that Sepulveda couldn't give it a try? Really?

Considering they played the whole game without Troy, I thought the defense did very well. Ike and Gay both played very good games. Keisel and Woodley were solid as well.
Lambert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the game yesterday. No energy from anyone on the field the entire game. They came out flat and it never changed. I guess that is a down on the coaching his team was not ready to play.
I guess a lack of special teams is a tradition in Pittsburgh, they were bad in the Noll era, bad in the Cowher era, but this group is horrible. Just kick it out of bounds and give them the ball at the 40, dont give up the td.
Empty sets on 3rd and two and 3rd and three drive me NUTS!

Ups
Navy Jet fly over before the game.
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down

Arians... Overload sets running the ball worked against Denver and this weeks game plan was to bring it to Cincinnati the same way (for the most part). Once the first half generated no consistency in running offense, he went right back to it starting the second half... Double TE, Ward or Heath in motion, the entire offense practically between the hashes, then we try and run the ball.. As a fan I have become aware of our offensive tendencies and can almost call every play as we show our offensive set up. Zimmer watched the tape and got the same interpretations. They were ready, they game planned, they executed. We never adjusted.

3rd Down Offense was horrible. Red Zone offense was somehow worse. We had 17 snaps inside their 20. Off of memory, I can remember two pass plays where we attempted to throw in the end zone.. one should have been picked.

OLine lost far too many match ups in the trenches. Props to Cincinnati for their play up front, but this OLine is capable of much more. Hartwig couldn't seal a DT to save his life. Kemo and Essex lost more match ups in this game then the last 3 games combined.

Big Ben.. What is this, 06'?

Special teams... We could have the worst STs unit in the NFL (other then Sep). It's absolutely horrible. Steadily getting worse the past three years. Things need to change.. #92 or #24 can't be ask to play on coverage units to bail us out this year.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: