Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT - Bengals @ Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this divisional matchup?
Steelers
67%
 67%  [ 21 ]
Bengals
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 31

JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelTom wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
SG3 wrote:
Our offense is ranked 5th best in the league yet we don't have a good offense.

Got to love those Patriots fans. Who else is rooting for the Colts tonight? Laughing

haha..... me!!! We have enough issues with Steeler fans fighting with each other today we don't need someone else needlessly coming in to start crap!!! Wink

I actually want the Pats to win, because quite frankly I don't want to see another team go 16-0 and I think the Colts could if they knock off the Pats.

Also, i don't like Manning, and Randy Moss is one of my favorite non-steeler players.

How could anyone not like Manning? Sure be jealous cause he's the best QB in football but you gotta respect the way he plays the game.... plus dudes commercials are HILARIOUS!!!!!

The ones with Justin Timberlake!!! Laughing

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SteelTom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
SteelTom wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
SG3 wrote:

Got to love those Patriots fans. Who else is rooting for the Colts tonight? Laughing

haha..... me!!! We have enough issues with Steeler fans fighting with each other today we don't need someone else needlessly coming in to start crap!!! Wink

I actually want the Pats to win, because quite frankly I don't want to see another team go 16-0 and I think the Colts could if they knock off the Pats.

Also, i don't like Manning, and Randy Moss is one of my favorite non-steeler players.

How could anyone not like Manning? Sure be jealous cause he's the best QB in football but you gotta respect the way he plays the game.... plus dudes commercials are HILARIOUS!!!!!

Yes he is a great player and knows how to perfectly manipulate a defence. BUT considering what they have built around him, I don't understand how he gets so much credit compared to Brady who won three superbowls with absolutely no weaponry at all. And don't bring up spygate, I don't buy into all that crap. There's also no denying how manning loves to stat pad, and the Colts run up the score a rediculous amount (see STL game this season) and get little to no hate for it.

...his commercials are funny though Laughing

Jamison on the sig!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelTom wrote:
Yes he is a great player and knows how to perfectly manipulate a defence. BUT considering what they have built around him, I don't understand how he gets so much credit compared to Brady who won three superbowls with absolutely no weaponry at all. And don't bring up spygate, I don't buy into all that crap. There's also no denying how manning loves to stat pad, and the Colts run up the score a rediculous amount (see STL game this season) and get little to no hate for it.

You sound like a Pats fan with all those complaints. Some dumb reasons to hate Manning if you asked me

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
theJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelTom wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
SteelTom wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
SG3 wrote:

...his commercials are funny though Laughing

See, now that brings up the whole chicken and egg thing (did manning create the WR, or did the WR create Manning?).

Besides, Manning has always put up better stats than Brady (save for the one big year).

Also, how can you say that Manning gets more credit? Tom is the poster boy for SportsCenter. They base that show around him from August to February. (i exaggerate, but don't say he doesn't get as much credit...simply not true)

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SG3 wrote:
I look for Logan to be cut fairly soon.

Im surprised he's lasted THIS LONG.

Why doesn't Wallace just return Think
SteelTom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
SteelTom wrote:

You sound like a Pats fan with all those complaints. Some dumb reasons to hate Manning if you asked me

One of my best friends is a Pats fan, maybe he is having a bad influence on me Anxious

I dunno though, I kinda like the way the Pats run the organisation, they are quite similar to the Steelers, build through the draft and don't give out ludicrous money to any free agents.

Regardless, it's not worth getting into a Brady vs Manning argument in a GDT. Both are great QB's, both are HOF locks. End of.

Jamison on the sig!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone think the short week had an effect?

Not to take anything away from Cincy, but we just looked gassed and unprepared.
SteelTom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Anyone think the short week had an effect?

Not to take anything away from Cincy, but we just looked gassed and unprepared.

I don't think you can really blame a short week because of a monday night game, if we had just played on thursday night I could maybe agree with you.

I just think a group of 53 professional athletes should always be ready when it comes to fitness whatever the situation, it's part of the job description.

We looked awful today, but i'm used to seeing that out of the Steelers at least 3 or 4 times a season (2004 an exception). Need to accept that the division has more than likely gone and get concentrated on grinding out the wins needed to get in the playoffs.

Jamison on the sig!
stillersenat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a few others have said, the division might be out of reach. So what? That makes us probably the best WC team.

If we make the playoffs, that's all that matters.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
Colton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw that Scott KR for TD, and well, Jeff Reed as well...That was utterly pathetic Shocked I've always wondered why Sepulveda isn't doing Kick Off duties. I damn near guarantee Scott doesn't get a TD if Sepulveda is there instead of Reed.

So why isn't Sepulveda kicking it off anyways?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
I just saw that Scott KR for TD, and well, Jeff Reed as well...That was utterly pathetic Shocked I've always wondered why Sepulveda isn't doing Kick Off duties. I damn near guarantee Scott doesn't get a TD if Sepulveda is there instead of Reed.

So why isn't Sepulveda kicking it off anyways?

Because our coaching staff apparently thinks that kickoffs that only go to the 10 yard line and a kicker not even trying to slow a returner down is acceptable.
SG3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No bye week doesn't bother me, because Ben plays bad with rest.

And no home games doesn't bother me either because we can win on the road.

So if we don't win the division you wont see SG3 crying about it.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SG3 wrote:
No bye week doesn't bother me, because Ben plays bad with rest.

And no home games doesn't bother me either because we can win on the road.

So if we don't win the division you wont see SG3 crying about it.

I agree to an extent, but that bye can do wonders. Ben was fine with the bye week last year and our team got some much needs rest.

Overall though, Im not worried about that. We still have a long ways to go before we even make the playoffs. We have 3 wins that should be locks. (Cleveland, Oakland and KC) and then we have 2 against Baltmore (which I think we split) and then Green Bay and Miami, who, if playing their best games, can beat us.

So, figure, we have 9 wins for a lock, and as long as we win one against Baltimore and one of the two between GB/MIA, we should get a WC spot.

Thats also dependent on the fact that we arent missing Troy much longer and that we play better than we did today.
SG3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
I agree to an extent, but that bye can do wonders. Ben was fine with the bye week last year and our team got some much needs rest.

Overall though, Im not worried about that. We still have a long ways to go before we even make the playoffs. We have 3 wins that should be locks. (Cleveland, Oakland and KC) and then we have 2 against Baltmore (which I think we split) and then Green Bay and Miami, who, if playing their best games, can beat us.

So, figure, we have 9 wins for a lock, and as long as we win one against Baltimore and one of the two between GB/MIA, we should get a WC spot.

Thats also dependent on the fact that we arent missing Troy much longer and that we play better than we did today.

He needed it last year he was injured.

Yeah I'm not really worried about too much I will be grateful to make the Playoffs. We will be a force if we can just stay healthy.. The play where Troy injured his knee made no sense to me because he didn't even strain it at all, that's what happens when people rush back.

And from what I've heard it might be serious than just a little nick.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SG3 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

He needed it last year he was injured.

Yeah I'm not really worried about too much I will be grateful to make the Playoffs. We will be a force if we can just stay healthy.. The play where Troy injured his knee made no sense to me because he didn't even strain it at all, that's what happens when people rush back.

And from what I've heard it might be serious than just a little nick.

Still, he was coming of a break and he played well.

Its already been proven that teams can win without a bye week or homefield. Its more about getting hot at the right time.

I dont predict a repeat, but this team has the talent to do it. They need to be more consistent though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41

Jump to: