Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT - Bengals @ Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this divisional matchup?
Steelers
67%
 67%  [ 21 ]
Bengals
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 31

Pipes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman397 wrote:
At worst.. the Bengals go 5-1 in the AFC North. This game is a lot more important to the Steelers than it is to the Bengals. We need the game up on Cinci because we still have the Ravens twice, which I don't think we'll be sweeping them. We also are due to lose that one game we shouldn't as well.

I think that's an important point, and it won't be lost on the team. If the Bengals win, they have a nice path to the division title. The Steelers NEED this game if they want to win the division - which they do.

Add in Troy P. and Rashard. Add in the fact that it's at Heinz this time. Many factors are working the Steelers way. However the Bengals have shown they are resilient. I think it's going to be a fantastic game.
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman397 wrote:
We also are due to lose that one game we shouldn't as well.

We already had two of them.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
Busch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be interesting to see Medenhall can keep his impressive YPC (5.7) against the 2nd best rundefense. I hope Arians and Ben will get Medenhall a little bit more carries against the Bengals for two reasons - to keep the clock runnnig and lift of the presure from Ben...

If he knows Medenhall can keep the chain moving, Ben isen't forced to do all the work by himself and that should limit the possiblity for stupid turnovers and free up some space for the Steelers WRs to set up the play-action pass, which worked very well against the Broncos.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they would give him the ball more but they are still concerned about the fumbles. He almost put it on the ground twice against Denver.
jebrick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need this for the tie breakers. same as they needed the Denver game. Hopefully, the Vikings put a smack down on the Bengals so we do better vs common opponents.

But one game at a time. Must beat the Bengals first.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
StillersFury

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.steelerfury.com/content/gospel-09revenge-dish-best-served-cold

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
http://www.steelerfury.com/content/gospel-09revenge-dish-best-served-cold

I was just saying to myself "I wonder if Fury will post his breakdown soon"

I too see this as a beatdown of epic proportions. The Steelers have to be effing pissed that they handed the game to the Bengals last time after stomping them for three quarters. Add in Chad El Dee Bag-o running his mouth and they will be worked into a frenzy. The first half of this one will look like the first half of the other, but with touchdowns. The second half of this one will feature the defense laying killshot after killshot, ala the Pats game last year.
steeltrap

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of thoughts before the game. I was just wondering, we all know Ced Benson is having a good season this year. But, does anyone else here but me feel that Benson just might be a little tired/spent come this weekend ?

After 8 games this season, I have done a 2-game breakdown of the carries that Ced has gotten from the start of the season.

In his first 2 games, Ced had 21 and 29 carries ( 50 ) total
In his 3rd and 4th games he had 16 and 18 carries ( 34 ) total
In his 5th and 6th games, he had 27 and 16 carries ( 43 ) total
And, in his last 2 games, against Chicago, and this past week against Baltimore, Ced has had his highest amount of carries at 37 and 34, for
( 71 ) total carries coming into this game this weekend.

Now steeler fans, that seems to be alot even for a true " Rough house "
RB like a Jerome Bettis, or Larry Johnson, let alone Ced Benson.
Also, after 8 games Ced has 198 total rushes, almost on a 400 total for this season IF he keeps at this pace. Ced never even had over 200 carries in a season til last year, and that was only 214.

So again Steeler fans my question is this, could the last two weeks of 71 total carries perhaps take a toll this weekend when he comes to face our # 1
Run defense ? Cause when I asked a few Bengal fans, they scoffed, and said not a chance. And that Ced will easily drop 150 Yds and 2 TD's on us this Sunday. I know they're Bengal fans, so they have a right to be optimistic.

But I thought I would pose this question to my steeler brothers here, and see
if they might think it could come into play.

Thanks, see ya Laughing
kacymcbryant18

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steeltrap wrote:
A couple of thoughts before the game. I was just wondering, we all know Ced Benson is having a good season this year. But, does anyone else here but me feel that Benson just might be a little tired/spent come this weekend ?

After 8 games this season, I have done a 2-game breakdown of the carries that Ced has gotten from the start of the season.

In his first 2 games, Ced had 21 and 29 carries ( 50 ) total
In his 3rd and 4th games he had 16 and 18 carries ( 34 ) total
In his 5th and 6th games, he had 27 and 16 carries ( 43 ) total
And, in his last 2 games, against Chicago, and this past week against Baltimore, Ced has had his highest amount of carries at 37 and 34, for
( 71 ) total carries coming into this game this weekend.

Now steeler fans, that seems to be alot even for a true " Rough house "
RB like a Jerome Bettis, or Larry Johnson, let alone Ced Benson.
Also, after 8 games Ced has 198 total rushes, almost on a 400 total for this season IF he keeps at this pace. Ced never even had over 200 carries in a season til last year, and that was only 214.

So again Steeler fans my question is this, could the last two weeks of 71 total carries perhaps take a toll this weekend when he comes to face our # 1
Run defense ? Cause when I asked a few Bengal fans, they scoffed, and said not a chance. And that Ced will easily drop 150 Yds and 2 TD's on us this Sunday. I know they're Bengal fans, so they have a right to be optimistic.

But I thought I would pose this question to my steeler brothers here, and see
if they might think it could come into play.

Thanks, see ya Laughing

I don't think it will be an issue because there was a bye week in between those games. He had time to rest up after that Bears games, but we'll see. Also I know you didn't here that (bold section above) coming from our forum. We are all well aware of how stingy the Steelers run D is.
greene91fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Ced Benson dropping that type of performance on our D. Then again I didn't see Fred Taylor running buck wild on us the time or times that he did. I do see Benson getting about 20 carries and no more than 90 yards realistically. I'm hoping for a much lesser performance so we'll see.
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article by Wexell about the change in draft day philosophy that has lead to the Steelers today. Think of this before you make a mock drafting an Olineman in the first 3 rounds.

http://pit.scout.com/2/919006.html

Quote:

Still, the group has its die-hard critics. One of those critics wrote the following on our message board over at SteelCityInsider.com: “If we repeat, it certainly won’t be due to the O-line.”

Oh, but it will be due to the O-line. While it’s unlikely that any of these guys will make the Pro Bowl, it’s their work as a unit, as a cheap unit, as a unit that allowed the drafting of Roethlisberger, Miller, Holmes, Timmons, Woodley, Mendenhall and Hood, that’s making it all possible.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
greene91fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good article by Wexell about the change in draft day philosophy that has lead to the Steelers today. Think of this before you make a mock drafting an Olineman in the first 3 rounds.

Quote:

Still, the group has its die-hard critics. One of those critics wrote the following on our message board over at SteelCityInsider.com: “If we repeat, it certainly won’t be due to the O-line.”

Oh, but it will be due to the O-line. While it’s unlikely that any of these guys will make the Pro Bowl, it’s their work as a unit, as a cheap unit, as a unit that allowed the drafting of Roethlisberger, Miller, Holmes, Timmons, Woodley, Mendenhall and Hood, that’s making it all possible.

Nice food for thought. Good post, thanks.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:

Quote:

very good point!!!

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A different look this time around

Quote:
But there was something missing in that game and the Bengals are well aware of that. Safety Troy Polamalu was out with a knee injury, but will be back in action this Sunday at Heinz Field when the two teams meet again.

Carson Palmer wrote:
“Troy makes some plays he’s supposed to make, some plays that somebody else should make, and plays that you shake your head and say, ‘Wow. How did he do that?’’ said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. “He’s a fine player. He’s a great studier, great student of the game. He understands what you do, and he tries to play to your tendencies quite a bit, and he’s athletic enough to do it. Whether it’s running down a receiver, being a blitzer, making a fine open-field tackle...he does all of those things.”

James Farrior wrote:
“Every game is a must win,” said linebacker James Farrior. “Every week, the next game is the biggest game. They are all must wins. This one is no different. It’s the team we are facing. That’s how it is every week.”

Casey Hampton wrote:
“It’s important because it’s the next game,” said nose tackle Casey Hampton. “It’s a conference game. You always want to win in your conference. That’s the first step. You gotta win the conference first. That is the way we are looking at it.”

Steeler/Bengal Game Activities

Let's go Pirates!!
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers Vs Bengals

Quote:
What To Look For

PITTSBURGH TEAM NOTES

• The Steelers look to improve to 48-31 all-time in the regular season against the Bengals.
• The Steelers look to improve to 2-1 against AFC North opponents this year.
• The Steelers look for their third straight win at Heinz Field against the Bengals.
• The Steelers look improve to 27-13 all-time in the regular season at home in the series history.
• The Steelers look to improve to 5-0 at home on the year.
• The Steelers look for their sixth straight win on the season.

Steelers Vs Bengals Match Ups

Quote:
STEELERS RUN DEFENSE VS. BENGALS RB CEDRIC BENSON: The goal of every defense is to make the opposing offense one-dimensional, and that has become more difficult to do vs. the Bengals because of the emergence of Cedric Benson. Signed by the Bengals last season in something of a last-chance situation, Benson has been one of the most productive running backs throughout this entire NFL season. He comes into Sunday’s game with 837 yards rushing and a 4.2 average, and nothing on his resume is more impressive than the two 100-yard games he posted vs. the Ravens this season. But the Steelers long have been a tough defense against the run, and Marvin Lewis, who was the linebackers coach under Bill Cowher before moving on to the Ravens and then the Bengals, has an understanding of why. “It’s a fundamental discipline that has been taught for years and years,” said Lewis. “When a new guy comes in and is plugged in he understands the scheme because the other 10 guys around him already know. If you are going to play there you have to be able to tackle, you have to be a secondary who can tackle and will tackle and it is empowered to the whole unit. Obviously the constant has been - (LeBeau) and he has been there from the time I started there in 1992. They understand it and that’s why it is the way it is.” The Steelers have not allowed a back to go for 100 in 26 consecutive regular season games.

Let's go Pirates!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 3 of 41

Jump to: