Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 10 GDT - Bengals @ Steelers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this divisional matchup?
Steelers
67%
 67%  [ 21 ]
Bengals
32%
 32%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 31

bbelan2343

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish 11 wrote:
I friggin' hate 4 pm kickoffs for two reasons: 1. I hate waiting to watch the game 2. The Steelers pretty much suck when playing at 4 pm

Agreed.
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
steeltrap

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman397 wrote:
steeltrap wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
steeltrap wrote:
coleman397 wrote:
Could this game be flexed?

Yes it can,,but no it won't. The league cannot sub Monday night games, no matter what. And this sunday night game is the Pats/Colts game. And no chance in HELL are they gonna Bump that match-up for us.

Usually flexed just means a shift in times. Not days of when the games are played.

Nat, I know that. I think the original poster meant can the Steeler game be moved from the 1 PM time to the night time game, and yes it can, and yes they would IF the scheduled game was say Tennessee @ Buffalo ?

But New England, and Indy ? Those are Roger Goodell's " Dream Teams "
And they won't get switched for nothing!

I was actually talking about 4:15. For some reason I thought the NFL could flex to a 4;15 game if it deserves more prime time viewers, but I think I'm completely wrong.

I just could have sworn one of our games last year was supposed to be 1:00 and moved to 4:15.

Coleman: Oh, okay. But I will tell you something else. I have no proof of this but, the League, and Goodell won't usually switch an early sunday start time for just a later,,400 PM time, especially if it's 2 AFC or NFC teams playing each other. Cause the commish, and the network does not want to create a conflict
or competition with one another.

In other words, Cincy/Pitt is a Marquee game yes ? So obviously they wouldn't want Indy/Pats playing at their normal start time, which would be early Sunday because since they're both AFC teams, CBS Network is contracted to broadcast it, and why would CBS want to compete against itself with their other early game, Pitt/Cincy ?

Same goes for Fox network, which broadcasts two NFC teams that are playing,
They won't move the Cincy/Pitt game to 400-415 PM Cause they don't want that " Marquee " CBS game to compete with FOX two " Marquee late games,,,Philly/Chargers, and Dallas/Green Bay.

And not to REALLY get into my " Oliver Stone " mode but, since we all KNOW Monday night teams CAN'T be altered. And since the network, and the league, and Goodell KNEW weeks ago that Baltimore at Cleveland,,,especially Cleveland,,would NOT be a great eye-grabber, Isn't just coincidental that on THIS particular night, in a NATIONAL telivised game that NOW, Cleveland Head Coach Eric Mangini decides to pull his QB..( The rather Bland, and boring Derek Anderson )..and insert Brady Quinn ?

I mean ESPN needs SOMETHING to talk about the hours leading up to the game don't they ? And I will guarantee you all that ESPN will do at LEAST a 30 minute pre-game profile of Brady Quinn being started again. And as I said, it's ALL about ratings too. Cause normally, most guys would skip this game, so with Brady Quinn starting once again, I can guarantee you ALOT more women in the US will now watch cause Brady Quinn has a TON, a national following of women that just LOVE him. I know that means Squat to the Browns brass or Mangini usually. But, considering his national appeal, and the chances to UP the Networks viewing audince,,,You don't think maybe ESPN, and Goodell nudged the Browns a bit to either bring back Quinn for this Monday night game ? Or told them to hold-off say until this national game to bring him back, thereby giving ESPN something to talk about in their pre-game show.

Cause if the Browns say would have returned Quinn say two weeks ago in just a low-level regional game, the fan-flair for bringing him back on a Monday Night " National " game wouldn't be as big, or hyped!

Like I said,,,this is just the Oliver Stone in me going off. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
L-Fitz11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what little it's worth, Mariotti and Paige agreed on Steelers as most complete team and favorite to win the Super Bowl, while Blackistone is going with the Saints.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Could this game be flexed?

No

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101
* Begins Sunday of Week 11
* In effect during Weeks 11-17
* Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Su
nday night window.

* No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
* The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middle of the week, can't wait for Sunday, passing some time....Pretty fun Steelers trivia... http://www.sporcle.com/games/Redwing19/2008_steelers

63/72

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a big difference from this game and the game played in week 3. Our defense plays at a higher level and not allowing a 4 qrt meltdown.

And with Chris Henry out, their vertical game is limited to nr. 85. And with Taylor and a saftey over the top, it should allowing Steelers defense to play a litle closer to the Bengals WRs and stop the medium range yardage play - which the used a lot last time.

And of course it helps when Polamalu is on the field.

Benson shouldn't be that much of a factor this time, either

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busch wrote:
I see a big difference from this game and the game played in week 3. Our defense plays at a higher level and not allowing a 4 qrt meltdown.

And with Chris Henry out, their vertical game is limited to nr. 85. And with Taylor and a saftey over the top, it should allowing Steelers defense to play a litle closer to the Bengals WRs and stop the medium range yardage play - which the used a lot last time.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. All of the Bengals WR's run 4.4's or better. They're a fast group, it's just with Henry on the field, only Chad and Henry would run deep. Expect to see Jerome Simpson, Chad and Coles go deep. Possibly even Caldwell. All are very fast.

Busch wrote:
And of course it helps when Polamalu is on the field.

Yes it does. Carson is going to have to be very careful with the ball.

Busch wrote:
Benson shouldn't be that much of a factor this time, either

You hope. The Bengals have shown the ability to run the ball on anyone this year (except Cleveland, haha). The reason they've run the ball so well is because Palmer has had success throwing against 7 in the box, forcing teams to keep their safeties back while Benson runs wild. If the Steelers try to get by with 8 in the box to stop Benson, Palmer could be in for a big day.

If Palmer comes out initially and has trouble throwing in the wind of Heinz field, it will be a long day for the Bengals, because i assure you that the Steelers will be loading up trying to stop Benson. If he's making plays though, the Steelers better get ready for a lot of the running game.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

If Palmer comes out initially and has trouble throwing in the wind of Heinz field, it will be a long day for the Bengals, because i assure you that the Steelers will be loading up trying to stop Benson. If he's making plays though, the Steelers better get ready for a lot of the running game.

Don't be so sure. Lebeau isn't opposed to letting the front 7 handle the run stopping duties. Benson would have to be gashing the Steelers to say for sure we would be loading the box.

We will see...

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth

Last edited by stillersenat on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
SG3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coles is a soft, short receiver, not worried about him. Ike makes Ocho work hard for every catch, so I'm not worried about that either. No big name TE to have to deal with..

We're number 1 against the run for a reason, Benson wont be a factor.
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
theJ wrote:

Don't be so sure. Lebeau isn't opposed to letting the front 7 handle the run stopping duties. Benson would have to be gashing the Steelers to say for sure we would be loading the box.

We will see...

Oh, i know that. And Cincy knows that, so i'm sure they'll come out trying to get the running game going. In the previous meeting the Steelers hardly ever put 8 in the box, and the Bengals were able to be effective running the football because of it.

Problem was, they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties that caused long 3rd downs, so they couldn't stick with the running game. Lately though they've seemed to cut out these penalties, and have been able to stick with the running game on first, second and third down.

I'm just saying that if the Bengals see a lot of 6 or 7 in the box, they'll probably run the ball well. I know you guys stop the run well, so it should be a very intriguing matchup.

SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
theJ wrote:

We will see...

Oh, i know that. And Cincy knows that, so i'm sure they'll come out trying to get the running game going. In the previous meeting the Steelers hardly ever put 8 in the box, and the Bengals were able to be effective running the football because of it.

Problem was, they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties that caused long 3rd downs, so they couldn't stick with the running game. Lately though they've seemed to cut out these penalties, and have been able to stick with the running game on first, second and third down.

I'm just saying that if the Bengals see a lot of 6 or 7 in the box, they'll probably run the ball well. I know you guys stop the run well, so it should be a very intriguing matchup.

Troy brings another dimension to the Steelers defense which it lack at the time. Benson will get his chance to test the Steelers, because the Bengals will probably try to establish the run in a hostile environment. I still don't think he'll run for the yardage he did in the first contest. I'll say 16 carries, 59 yards and possibly a TD.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis won't let Ochocinco send mustard

Quote:
Receiver Chad Ochocinco tweeted this week that he was going to send mustard to the Pittsburgh Steelers before their game Sunday at Heinz Field, a way of whipping up interest in the AFC North showdown.

On Wednesday, the receiver backed down. No mustard will be headed up the Ohio River.

"Unfortunately, I wasn't able to send anything this week, thanks to Marvin Lewis," Ochocinco said. "That's the way to spoil the fun, boss man. I guess I have to talk trash to motivate myself this week."

Let's go Pirates!!
theJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
Troy brings another dimension to the Steelers defense which it lack at the time. Benson will get his chance to test the Steelers, because the Bengals will probably try to establish the run in a hostile environment. I still don't think he'll run for the yardage he did in the first contest. I'll say 16 carries, 59 yards and possibly a TD.

Yes he does. He's a force against the pass, particularly in the short and medium game. And he's great in run support on the outside. The Bengals have made their hay bouncing runs to the outside, and that will be taken away from them this game if Carson can't get anything going.

Needless to say, these matchups are going to be very exciting to watch.

coleman397

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At worst.. the Bengals go 5-1 in the AFC North. This game is a lot more important to the Steelers than it is to the Bengals. We need the game up on Cinci because we still have the Ravens twice, which I don't think we'll be sweeping them. We also are due to lose that one game we shouldn't as well.
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn you Jacksonville!

NFL TV Distribution Map

Let's go Pirates!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 2 of 41

Jump to: