Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Head Coach of 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buffbills

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: The Head Coach of 2006 Reply with quote

I think by mularky quiting showed he was a coward and that he couldnt handle being a head coach. I hope that either ron rivera ( defensive coordinator for the bears) or jim haslett gets hired as the new head coach. Jim haslett has good ties with the team because he was a standout linebacker for them back when he played football. Jerry Gray will probably leave to go to the texans so hiring a defensive minded head coach like ron rivera wouldnt hurt either. Also norv turner could be a possibility for offensive coordinator because he is highly unlikely that he will find a head coaching job else ware. If norv doesnt work our current quarterbacks coach would also be a perfect fit for offensive coordinator.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sabataged

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Mularky was made out to be a head coach. I think the Bills have some talent, they just need the right person to bring it all together. The bears DC would be a great choice, as would Tim Lewis from the Giants.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kensdodge04

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about Mike Sherman. He would be a credible head coach. He runs the ball( ala Willis).
buffbills

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is most likely that the bills will not talk with sherman. He is a great coach and i wouldnt mind him being the leader of the bills. There have been statements allready that the bills have been given permission to talk to jerry gray, - jauron, jim haslett, sean payton, and ron rivera. hopefully sherman will be added to that list though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SDninetyeight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think it's a done deal that Jim Haslett is the next Buffalo Bills Head Coach. I don't think Mularkey is a coward, he did the right thing, they fired 5 assistant coaches and you can't win without assistants, however they did keep the best Special Teams coach in the NFL in Bobby April. Idealy id laugh to see Mike Martz as an offensive cooridnator in Buffalo and then bring in Mike Singletary as a Defensive Cooridnator, That would be a fun main coaching staff.

Yes that is an Ashlee Palmer Sig
The Pride of Ole Miss
BillsDieHard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Please not Haslett! Reply with quote

I understand a lot of us want Haslett because he's a former Bill, knows the city and organization, and likes the area overall, but come on! This guy did nothing with a Saints team that underachieved with a decent quarterback, a stud running back, good receivers, a solid o-line, and a great pass rush. Was he limited by bad ownership in NO, yes. Is he the right man for this job, imo, no.

Here's my list of who I think the bills should hire, versus a list of who they are likely to hire.

Should hire...
1. Jim Fassell
2. Mike Sherman
3. Ted Cottrell

Will hire...
1. Jim Fassell (if he wants it)
2. Jim Haslett
3. Sean Payton (are planning to interview him)
4. Ted Cotrell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: