Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Simms will start this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Chris Simms will start this year Reply with quote

the kid has star potential especially for a 3rd rounder his size accuracy and of course arm strength match those of any top quarterbacks in the league at this time and should be starting for the Buc's I dont care how good Griese appeared to be he put on a facade the guy is nothing more than a back-up it's time for Simms to take over the franchise along with Clayton and whoever they draft at RB.
krycek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Simms is ready to start, i'm a little disappointed what i've seen of him
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is ready just let him get a couple games under his belt
wquez7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bucs.tbo.com/

If Griese doesnt take a pay cut it looks like we will be looking at Garcia or Warner.

I am not to comfortable going into the new season with Simms alone, but with one of these guys to back him up I would be reassured.

I prefer Garcia even though his arm is weak. He is a real class act, and he can scramble. Possibly one of the most underated QB's in the league. Plus, he did some good things in Cleveland before they started to suck. It makes you wonder how well he may have done if Winslow not gotten hurt.

Warner, I do not want him in Tampa because his wife is a butch dike. lol. He did do alot better than Eli in NY. I think he still can be a starter somewhere in this league.

The only problem I see is the one we are faceing. Expensive QB's, that are possible starters anywhere. Backing up Simms? I do not think either Warner or Garcia want to be back ups, and how much longer will Simms be titled as Tampas future? His contract is up in 2006.
wquez7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing is certain if simms is the starter Gruden will get him some help int he off season.
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wquez7 wrote:
one thing is certain if simms is the starter Gruden will get him some help int he off season.

MIKE WILLIAMS.
Kcrazy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree, at first I wnated Benson all the way then Ronnie Brown but the more I hear about drafting a reveiver the more I like it, Braylon Edwards would add the deep threat that the Bucc's have lacked since the dawn of time but Mike Williams would give us another strong clutch reciever that might be able to convert to tight end or play as tight end if needed. Still don't over look Ronnie Brown, on that Auburn team all the coachs agree that he has most defently the best hands. Ronnie could be the next LT or Marshall Faulk type running back. ANother good thing about Ronnie is he has split carries for the most part with Carnell Williams so Ronnie still has a lot of miles to go in him were Benson has already had 1000 carries in just his college carrer.
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I see Ronnie Brown the more I like him but I have a feeling some how one of these backs are going to slip very far into the draft my guess is Cadillac maybe not to the second round but look at last year for example Kevin Jones should have been a top 10 look where he ended up to have a shot at 2 great young recievers is awesome plus the second round will have a load of running back talent either JJ Arrington, Ciatrick or even Caddi.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so bc Griese and Johnson are horrible.
haggis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simms won;t start stop kidding yourself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: