Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT Vikings @ Steelers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Should Steelers Focus On?
Stopping Run
57%
 57%  [ 16 ]
Stopping Pass
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 28

SG3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Week 7 GDT Vikings @ Steelers Reply with quote

In week 7 on the 2009 regular season the undefeated Minnesota Vikings travel to Pittsburgh to face Ben Roethlisberger, Mike Tomlin, and the Pittsburgh Steelers. This game is easily the talk of the town, how will the Steelers handle a potentially playoff, and SB contending team? Will the defense be able to stop the Vikings from putting up vast amounts of points like they did on the Steelers arch rivals the Baltimore Ravens?

@

5 Keys to victory

1.) Home field advantage.
2.) Ready yourself for the deep plays.
3.) Don't focus on Adrian Peterson so much you make it easy for Favre to have a stand out day.
4.) On offense allow Ben to throw more against a team with a subject secondary, forcing Mendenhall to run the ball will hurt us offensively.
5.) When yards are hard to come by do screens, reverses, trick plays. Keep the Vikings guessing on your offensive scheme.

God bless stillersnat and his situation, and may the angels in heaven by on our side come Sunday.
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopping the run is what this team does, so it doesn't need to be a special focus, as long as Kirschke, Eason and Hood can do a reasonable job in their replacing of Smith--tough job, but somebody has to do it!

Watching the Ravens-Vikings today, I thought the Ravens secondary is hurting without Rolle, in general their D is not up to last years version. Sadly, the same could be said about us, at least until Troy gets back up to speed. Troy will be so critical in this game, with Favre's penchant for the short quick pass. The whole secondary will have to play better than it has so far this year, get into a better rhythm. And somehow dealing with that huge Viking OL will be a key, the secondary works so much better with a ferocious pass rush. Timmons did his job today, now the rest of the D must step up with the pressure and hurries on Favre. That might determine the game.
SG3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ike Taylor left his ambition back in 2008.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put, this war will be won in the battle for the trenches. On paper, we should be at a disadvantage on the O-line vs. Vikes D-line battle. But, that's why they play the game.

Stopping AP is a must. Favre can be forced into INTs if he has to do too much to win a game.

We have to come out strong and keep the pedal to the metal all game long.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need this game.

Not necessarily to stay in the playoff hunt, but to prove we are still a top team.

This is going to test us on every level of our game. If we come out on top, I will feel really good going into the bye week.
SG3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we get to see it on national TV, because IMO this weeks games sucked. Nothing but blow out games, what is going on NFL manage it better!
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to win by 2 TD's.........just a hunch.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be an awesome game, i have been waiting for this one all year.

Should be a tough, physical battle and after having one of those against the Ravens, I hope MN remains mentally and physically sharp. MN has been struggling in pass coverage, TEs have absolutely killed us and I am very worried about Heath Miller. The vikings have a good pass rush, but they seemed to tire out by the end of the Ravens game.

The key for MN will to get the ground game going and setting the tempo early on defense by bringing constant pressure. The Steelers cant focus on stopping Peterson, Favre has proven to be a dangerous passer still. He threw zero picks against the Ravens, and has played error free football all season (minus one lame pass vs. Rams).

I cant predict a winner, this one could really go either way. If MN can go into Pitt and win, I will have a lot more respect and faith in my team.
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
This will be an awesome game, i have been waiting for this one all year.

Should be a tough, physical battle and after having one of those against the Ravens, I hope MN remains mentally and physically sharp. MN has been struggling in pass coverage, TEs have absolutely killed us and I am very worried about Heath Miller. The vikings have a good pass rush, but they seemed to tire out by the end of the Ravens game.

The key for MN will to get the ground game going and setting the tempo early on defense by bringing constant pressure. The Steelers cant focus on stopping Peterson, Favre has proven to be a dangerous passer still. He threw zero picks against the Ravens, and has played error free football all season (minus one lame pass vs. Rams).

I cant predict a winner, this one could really go either way. If MN can go into Pitt and win, I will have a lot more respect and faith in my team.

Excellent. Twisted Evil

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
zekethedog66

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Simply put, this war will be won in the battle for the trenches. On paper, we should be at a disadvantage on the O-line vs. Vikes D-line battle. But, that's why they play the game.

Stopping AP is a must. Favre can be forced into INTs if he has to do too much to win a game.

You obviously haven t seen the last couple games...Favre is arguably having one of his best years ever... He is playing within the system and taking shots when he sees a good match up ..hes taking sacks,but not throwing ints which is fine ...the Ravens fans said the same thing make Favre beat you...just like i told them

Be careful what you wish for....it may come true. With that said should be one helluva game
Ben7Clutch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zekethedog66 wrote:
stillersenat wrote:

You obviously haven t seen the last couple games...Favre is arguably having one of his best years ever... He is playing within the system and taking shots when he sees a good match up ..hes taking sacks,but not throwing ints which is fine ...the Ravens fans said the same thing make Favre beat you...just like i told them

Be careful what you wish for....it may come true. With that said should be one helluva game

I'd like to say our Cornerbacks don't completely suck.
Busch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am most morried about Vikes short passing game. I think, I saw that Favre completes almost 85% of his throws behind or at LOS and from 1-10 yards from the LOS.

If our DBs decide to give the Vikes WRs a 10 yards cushing (as usual) - we'll never going to stop their offense before they are in FG range or worse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WCO + AP + This Steelers D = Vikings Romp.

The only thing that gives us a glimmer of hope happens to be Ben (and Troy).

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre gives the Vikings balance which makes them extremely dangerous. But the Vikings defense while good has been gashed at times and I think the Steelers offense could be just a big of a threat. This is going to go a long in determining what kind of season the Steelers are going to have, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
This is going to go a long in determining what kind of season the Steelers are going to have, IMO.
Mhm. Definitely agree. This is the barometer game. It'll tell us where we are at as a team and organization.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: