Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders College Football Scouting Report Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Oakland Raiders College Football Scouting Report Thread Reply with quote

It's that time of year again!

Our playoff hopes are very slim right now, and we are looking pretty weak as a team this year.

As Oakland Raider fans, we need something to look forward to, and the NFL Draft always makes us happy. We get players for our future.

I thought that we could use this thread for scouting reports on players that you like in College Football that are likely to come out this year.

You don't need to post a full scouting report, just a player that caught your eye, and what he does that makes him stand out. And if he is a possibility for us to pick up.

This will give us Raider fans a better understanding of prospects come draft day, and also more knowledge on who we got and who we passed on.

-----------------------------------------------

I will start off and say Jordan Shipley is someone that I like watching on Saturdays.

I think he will be able to produce on Sundays one way or another. He may not be number one material, but I like what I see in him. He has experience (6th year senior) and is one of the better route runners in College Football today. I would welcome him with open arms if he was drafted by us.

He is also a returner with above average speed. This season for the Raiders, we are having problems returning kicks to the 20 yard line. We are in dire need of help on Special Teams.

Measurables
Height:~6'0
Weight:~190
40 time:~mid 4.4
College Stats:Leads the Big 12 in average receptions (9) and Yards per Game (109) and is also leading in Punt Return Average (16.1)

I think he will be a first day pick, and with WR not our biggest need he is a possiblility for us to pick up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Oakland Raiders College Football Scouting Report Thread Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
It's that time of year again!

Our playoff hopes are very slim right now, and we are looking pretty weak as a team this year.

As Oakland Raiders fans, we need something to look forward to, and the NFL Draft always makes us happy. We get players for our future.

I thought that we could use this thread for scouting reports on players that you like in College Football that are likely to come out this year.

You don't need to post a full scouting report, just a player that caught your eye, and what he does that makes him stand out. And if he is a possibility for us to pick up.

-----------------------------------------------

I will start off and say Jordan Shipley is someone that I like watching on Saturdays.

I think he will be able to produce on Sundays one way or another. He may not be number one material, but I like what I see in him. He has experience (6th year senior) and is one of the better route runners in College Football today. I would welcome him with open arms if he was drafted by us.

He is also a returner with above average speed. This season for the Raiders, we are having problems returning kicks to the 20 yard line. We are in dire need of help on Special Teams.

Measurables
Height:~6'0
Weight:~190
40 time:~mid 4.4
College Stats:Leads the Big 12 in average receptions (9) and Yards per Game (109) and is also leading in Punt Return Average (16.1)

I think he will be a first day pick, and with WR not our biggest need he is a possiblility for us to pick up.
yes.this is the only exciting time of year for oakland raider fans,that being said,I live in austin texas and watch shipley play every week,and he is one of those players thats good in college and average in the nfl,same for colt mCcoy,I would love for the raiders to draft one of the following,locker,suh,dunlap,or bradford
CaribouLou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his sure hands and above average route running are enough for him to contribute in some way. I'm not saying he will be a star and produce eye popping numbers, I just think he will be an exceptional role player at the WR position. I think he will be able to line up in the slot and give you a reliable target when thrown at.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At WR we need less small, fast guys and more big target, posession guys.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you guys talking about taking a Wr in the draft??

Does anyone watch the games or just write what ever ?

We need both D-linemen and O-Linemen bad that's it plain and simple.

We need players with bad attitudes, players that hate the other team, intimidating players.

This Raider team is a bunch of girls.

No pride at all.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
What are you guys talking about taking a Wr in the draft??

Does anyone watch the games or just write what ever ?

We need both D-linemen and O-Linemen bad that's it plain and simple.

We need players with bad attitudes, players that hate the other team, intimidating players.

This Raider team is a bunch of girls.

No pride at all.

And what position are the "girls" at? Rolling Eyes
WR? Yes..
P.S: I didn't say draft a WR thanks for reading my post Wink
We need a free agent that isn't coming off an injury (Walker) and is ready to produce at WR.
Draft= Round 1: Suh
Round 2: OT Ciron Black for me

CaribouLou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that we need to draft this guy, I am just saying that I like this prospect and I wouldn't mind taking him on this team. He isn't a raw talent that needs to have 3 years to develop; I think he could make an impact from day 1. Maybe not a big impact, but an impact nonetheless.

For round 1 I think that we should go RT. We have the worst offense in the NFL and it starts in the trenches. We have horrific RT play and if we could shore up that RT and RG spot we would be set.

My positions for need by rounds are:

Round 1: RT
Round 2: DT/DL
Round 3: CB (Stanford Routt is causing huge problems and giving up huge plays)
Round 4: OLB
Round 5: RG
Round 6/7: BPA on the offensive side of the ball. Try to grab a weapon with big play ability.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaribouLou wrote:
I'm not saying that we need to draft this guy, I am just saying that I like this prospect and I wouldn't mind taking him on this team. He isn't a raw talent that needs to have 3 years to develop; I think he could make an impact from day 1. Maybe not a big impact, but an impact nonetheless.

For round 1 I think that we should go RT. We have the worst offense in the NFL and it starts in the trenches. We have horrific RT play and if we could shore up that RT and RG spot we would be set.

Round 3: QB
Round 5: DL
Round 6/7: BPA on the offensive or defensive LINE. Try to grab a weapon with big play ability.

fixed

Props to cDubs14 on the sig.

Adopt-a-Raider 2012: Carson Palmer
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfitz812 wrote:
CaribouLou wrote:

Round 6/7: BPA on the offensive or defensive LINE. Try to grab a weapon with big play ability.

fixed

LOL he had it right before. In the late round(s) u get BPA period not necessarily on the line

KnocNightowl951

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfitz812 wrote:
CaribouLou wrote:

fixed

The Thing is that Al aint smart enough to draft like this. Sad

I keep hearing these mock draft pundits with their lil punchline smartass remarks saying that we either take Mays or Dunlap and it just pisses me off.
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

team needs
RT, NT, RG, DB, QB (unfortunately), LB
id like to see a right tackle taken in the first, 2nd at the very latest.

S\O Palooka on the sig
whats on fiya

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we draft a new team?

big_palooka, you is tha man.
m52876

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only chance we have to improve is to build this team from the lines out. The ancient shemes we play cannot succeed in the slightest unless we have 4 guys on the D line who can each log 7-10 sacks and 5 guys on the O line who can give a QB 7 seconds to throw on every play and plow the way for a 1500 yard rusher.

Line line line line. Then line and more line. Both lines. Lines till we are sick and three dep at most positions. Kelly, not good enough. Warren, not good enough. Ellis, not good enough. The entire oline sans Henderson and Gallery...cut, not good enough.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I've posted this before, and it's not just about who we can draft - but here it is again...)

DREAM SCENARIO:

Hire Tim Brown as GM
Hire Tony Dungy as HC
Hire Jon Gruden as OC/assistant HC
Hire Herm Edwards as DC
Hire Brian Schneider as ST coach/assistant DC
Push Cable down to O-line coach/assistant OC

Package all our lower 2010 draft picks to get a second top-5 1st-round pick and perhaps a few players (this will hopefully save us $$$ in the long term and allow us to pursue more FA's in the short term)

1st first-round pick: Ndamukong Suh (imagine him and Kelly at DT, Ellis and Seymour at DE...Very Happy Very Happy )
2nd first-round pick: Taylor Mays (our secondary goes from good to elite, respected to feared Cool)
second-round pick: Tim Tebow (we get a very teachable QB/TE/FB who has the most fire, passion, desire, and drive I have EVER seen at the college level - as well as a great locker-room leader with impeccable character/work ethic).

Off-season work:
1) We cut or trade Stanford Routt and hold an open competition between Mays, Mitchell, Huff, and Branch to see who can/will replace him.
2) We muddle through one more season with Russell at the helm while grooming Tebow to take over in his second season.
3) We utilize DHB as a second Percy Harvin, creating plays like Urban Meyer had at Florida for him and Tebow

As I said, only my dream scenario...

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
ima_boss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perrish Cox, Cornerback, Oklahoma State
Height: 6'1 | Weight: 190 | Proj 40: 4.45

Quote from cbssports.com:
Quote:
Read & React: Recognizes routes (and whether he's the primary read) by receiver's body language. Keeps his eye on swing pass in the flat in zone coverage. Reads receiver screens, avoids the block and closes to make the play near or behind the line. A step slow attacking the ball in his zone or to chase plays.

Man Coverage: Should flourish as a press cover corner at the next level. Smooth hip transition from backpedal to run down sideline. Best in press coverage, using his length and size to neutralize the receiver, but could be more consistent getting his hands on jersey at the line. Keeps contact with receiver downfield to prevent separation. Often forces quarterback to look in another direction. Will lose his balance and footing on double moves.

Zone Coverage: Smooth pedal for his height and usually stays low. Maintains cushion for a few steps. Changes direction easily with receiver. Makes contact with receiver to knock him off his route before letting him go to the safety. Keeps eyes in the backfield in zone to make play on short throws or runs.

Closing/Recovery: Good arm length to knock away passes after recovering. Must learn to read receivers' eyes and turn for the ball in man. Can accelerate to the ball when it's in front of him, but has only adequate recovery speed if beaten off the line or on double moves. Only average hands for the interception, and will drop very catchable passes.

Run Support: Willing in run support, displaying the toughness to get after a ball carrier. Maintains outside leverage to keep running backs from getting the corner. Despite his height and well-developed upper body and leg builds, does not get off downfield blocks from larger receivers very well. Uses his speed to run around blocks on receiver screens.

Tackling: Closes on receivers well when playing off, and will wrap the legs or waist to secure the tackle immediately after the catch. Has the strength to lift receivers off the ground and plant them if in position. Drops his head when tackling in the open field, however, missing if the receiver has any elusiveness.

Intangibles: No major character concerns. Starting to take on a leadership role in the secondary. Good work ethic in the weight room, although it does not always translate on the field. Has three children. Solid kick returner with NFL size and speed but must improve his vision to find open lanes. Needs work on his blocking when in tandem return formation.

NFL Comparison: Antoine Cason, San Diego

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDEyXfKr5gA&feature=player_profilepage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: