Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders College Football Scouting Report Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ima_boss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
What a dilemma if Green, Baldwin or Floyd fell to us and was BPA. Do we go O-line or WR. I would go WR, O-line can be built in later rounds. In rounds 3-5 you can get good guards, Centres and RT's. I would love O'dowd though.

TBH I would be pissed if we passed up an elite WR talent like those guys, as well as Julio Jones.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ima_boss wrote:
alex_93 wrote:
What a dilemma if Green, Baldwin or Floyd fell to us and was BPA. Do we go O-line or WR. I would go WR, O-line can be built in later rounds. In rounds 3-5 you can get good guards, Centres and RT's. I would love O'dowd though.

TBH I would be pissed if we passed up an elite WR talent like those guys, as well as Julio Jones.

Same, I would not be suprised to see Floyd or Baldwin drop. Due to their size they could quite easily run a poor 40 and if a scout picks up a concern in their game they could easily fall.

A guy I have my eye on is Deandre Brown. Huge guy with unreal production and great hands. Unfortunately he has broken his leg so maybe well could be a Bush and pick him up in round 4.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
A guy I have my eye on is Deandre Brown. Huge guy with unreal production and great hands. Unfortunately he has broken his leg so maybe well could be a Bush and pick him up in round 4.

Yeah, I have been looking at him as well.. He really is a great player. I don't think he will declare this year, though. It is too bad about the broken leg.. Is is the same on as before?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Jeff Maehl, WR, Oregon 6'1" 185 lbs

As a Ducks fan, I feel obligated to add Maehl to our scouting list. Jeff Maehl is no AJ Green or Julio Jones. He is far from flashy, doesn't have the fastest 40 (4.5's), and -until this year- didnt have incredible numbers. Last year he had decent numbers with 53 catches, 696 yds and 6 TDs for Oregon's run-first, run-second, and run-third offense.

Now they are opening up the passing game and through 8 games he has 47 rec for 675 yards and 9 TDs. I have been watching Oregon, and Maehl, play for years and this is what I see: a tough, scrappy WR who runs good routes, knows how to get open, catches the ball with his hands, rarely drops a ball, and even has decent moves after the catch. He is a decent blocker, does not shy away from contact as a pass catcher or blocker, and has never fumbled in 36 starts. He is not typically the "take over a game" type of WR, but has had a few dominant games already this year (10 rec 119 yds 1 TD vs. Washington, 8 rec 145 yds 3 TD vs. USC). His great hands, great routes and less-than-elite speed would fool you into calling him a possession receiver, but he makes plays after the catch with his quickness and shiftiness. He runs deep routes well and will go over the middle and make the tough catches even when he knows he is about to get flattened. IMO, he could be a Wes Welker-type player in the NFL.

His only real negatives are his less-than-ideal size, he possesess only average speed, he does not possess much of a second gear, and he plays in a spread option offense.

Many sources project him to be a 5th-7th round pick, and is consistently ranked around the 60th WR in the 2011 class. Even with the great season he is having, he should last until the later rounds of the draft and would be worth a look after we address OL, NT, LB and maybe CB. Bottom line: Jeff Maehl is the anti- Raiders WR: not fast (although quick), great route-running, and great hands.

He looked pretty good tonite vs SC. Wouldn't mind him as a 5th-ish if he's there. Boy do we really need somebody that can always be counted on not named Zach Miller

No doubt. Obviously, we would all love AJ Green or any of the other elite guys coming out, but with our laundry list of needs I really think Maehl would be worth a look late in the draft. The dude catches everything thrown at him and is always open. We havent had a WR with great hands for a long time. I think he could be a good in the slot with Murphy and DHB/Chaz on the outside.

Man, that would be a tough call. This is funny because I am sick of us passing up the OL we need and going after the sexy or exciting picks, but a WR like that would be so enticing. Although, picking skill players in the 1st and trying to get OL later is the exact drafting strategy that has gotten us where we are today.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Jeff Maehl, WR, Oregon 6'1" 185 lbs

As a Ducks fan, I feel obligated to add Maehl to our scouting list. Jeff Maehl is no AJ Green or Julio Jones. He is far from flashy, doesn't have the fastest 40 (4.5's), and -until this year- didnt have incredible numbers. Last year he had decent numbers with 53 catches, 696 yds and 6 TDs for Oregon's run-first, run-second, and run-third offense.

Now they are opening up the passing game and through 8 games he has 47 rec for 675 yards and 9 TDs. I have been watching Oregon, and Maehl, play for years and this is what I see: a tough, scrappy WR who runs good routes, knows how to get open, catches the ball with his hands, rarely drops a ball, and even has decent moves after the catch. He is a decent blocker, does not shy away from contact as a pass catcher or blocker, and has never fumbled in 36 starts. He is not typically the "take over a game" type of WR, but has had a few dominant games already this year (10 rec 119 yds 1 TD vs. Washington, 8 rec 145 yds 3 TD vs. USC). His great hands, great routes and less-than-elite speed would fool you into calling him a possession receiver, but he makes plays after the catch with his quickness and shiftiness. He runs deep routes well and will go over the middle and make the tough catches even when he knows he is about to get flattened. IMO, he could be a Wes Welker-type player in the NFL.

His only real negatives are his less-than-ideal size, he possesess only average speed, he does not possess much of a second gear, and he plays in a spread option offense.

Many sources project him to be a 5th-7th round pick, and is consistently ranked around the 60th WR in the 2011 class. Even with the great season he is having, he should last until the later rounds of the draft and would be worth a look after we address OL, NT, LB and maybe CB. Bottom line: Jeff Maehl is the anti- Raiders WR: not fast (although quick), great route-running, and great hands.

He looked pretty good tonite vs SC. Wouldn't mind him as a 5th-ish if he's there. Boy do we really need somebody that can always be counted on not named Zach Miller

No doubt. Obviously, we would all love AJ Green or any of the other elite guys coming out, but with our laundry list of needs I really think Maehl would be worth a look late in the draft. The dude catches everything thrown at him and is always open. We havent had a WR with great hands for a long time. I think he could be a good in the slot with Murphy and DHB/Chaz on the outside.

No way Green falls to us, if he falls to the mid first I would be screaming to trade up for him. If Baldwin were to fall we would probably have to take him. Floyd hasnt looked great this season, he looks soft to me. I would probably want OL over him. We have to build the OL at some point, and there will be some pretty good WRs that hit the FA market this season. Sidney Rice, Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Mike Sims-Walker, Steve Breaston, James Jones, and Mark Clayton are all free agents this off season I believe. I would like to see us make a push for Sidney Rice, MSW, or Braylon Edwards and build the trenches in the draft.

Another question, what if Jake Locker fell to us in the second round? It might have seemed impossible last year, but if Clausen can fall it makes you wonder. Locker has been somewhat exposed this season, and I would have more faith in developing a QB with Hue Jackson here then I would have in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me crazy but if we are looking to develop a qb I think the answer is Dalton from TCU . It looks like the Bills are really the only team with big qb needs an I think Dalton will be there round 2. He has all the tools and a brain to match. Watched that Utah game and he was the real deal. With our depth he can sit and learn.
alex_93

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellen Moore- I have been pretty high on this kid for a while know, and although he is a junior I want to put him in. The first thing you see when you look at this kid are the stats, 67% career completion this season (his lowest is 64.3%), 35000 yards in the last 2 seasons, 69 TD's in his last 2 seasons against only 13 INTs.

Then this season he is on track for 3560 yards at 71.8% with 32 TD's against 6INTs. He has also not lost a regular season game in 3 seasons. Put bluntly this kid gets the stats and is one of the most winning QB's in college.

This kid has everything you look for in a QB; great accuarcy, a leader, very smart, great work ethic, consistantcy....except 2 things size and a big arm (although his arm is not weak, it is average). Because of this he will fall on draft day but I can say with confidence he could be a massive steal if a team is willing to give him a chance. The comparisons of Brees are there to be seem, and this kid as about as clutch as it gets.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
Kellen Moore- I have been pretty high on this kid for a while know, and although he is a junior I want to put him in. The first thing you see when you look at this kid are the stats, 67% career completion this season (his lowest is 64.3%), 35000 yards in the last 2 seasons, 69 TD's in his last 2 seasons against only 13 INTs.

Then this season he is on track for 3560 yards at 71.8% with 32 TD's against 6INTs. He has also not lost a regular season game in 3 seasons. Put bluntly this kid gets the stats and is one of the most winning QB's in college.

This kid has everything you look for in a QB; great accuarcy, a leader, very smart, great work ethic, consistantcy....except 2 things size and a big arm (although his arm is not weak, it is average). Because of this he will fall on draft day but I can say with confidence he could be a massive steal if a team is willing to give him a chance. The comparisons of Brees are there to be seem, and this kid as about as clutch as it gets.

I also like Kellen Moore. I really disliked Boise State before since they were the Broncos and kept whining about not getting championship love. It bugged me that people complained about them since they were in a lame conference and didn't play a lot of super powers. I started to give them a chance this year because I liked Kyle Wilson. I watched the VT/BS game and was happy to see VT doing the whole underdog thing. Hoped they could contain Boise then WHAM! Moore leads an awesome drive for the comeback win. He just keeps on impressing me and I wouldn't mind looking at him in the draft. No sooner than a 3rd though and thats if we get some team's low 3rd rounder.

Also, what are we gonna do if a guy like Locker or Mallet falls? I'd be down for one. Wouldn't mind Foles if he declares and is around in the late 3rd or 4th

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
alex_93 wrote:

I also like Kellen Moore. I really disliked Boise State before since they were the Broncos and kept whining about not getting championship love. It bugged me that people complained about them since they were in a lame conference and didn't play a lot of super powers. I started to give them a chance this year because I liked Kyle Wilson. I watched the VT/BS game and was happy to see VT doing the whole underdog thing. Hoped they could contain Boise then WHAM! Moore leads an awesome drive for the comeback win. He just keeps on impressing me and I wouldn't mind looking at him in the draft. No sooner than a 3rd though and thats if we get some team's low 3rd rounder.

Also, what are we gonna do if a guy like Locker or Mallet falls? I'd be down for one. Wouldn't mind Foles if he declares and is around in the late 3rd or 4th

I also like Foles but I doubt he declares and if he does I think he will go 2nd round, and I don't like him enough to draft him in round 2 over guys like Moore, Enderle, Kaepernick or Dalton who are available later on, If he goes rounds 3-4 I would be taking a good look at him. Same with Mallett, he is obviously more talented than Riley, but they are both QB's from poor QB programmes with big arms and questionable accuracy and one is is 1st round and the other 6-7.

However, Locker is someone I do think we would pull the trigger on and although I personally am not amazed by his game, I would not go against the opinions of guys who are much more experienced at spotting talent than myself who are comparing him to Jake Plummer, and I would like a Plummer on our team.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
I also like Foles but I doubt he declares and if he does I think he will go 2nd round, and I don't like him enough to draft him in round 2 over guys like Moore, Enderle, Kaepernick or Dalton who are available later on, If he goes rounds 3-4 I would be taking a good look at him. Same with Mallett, he is obviously more talented than Riley, but they are both QB's from poor QB programmes with big arms and questionable accuracy and one is is 1st round and the other 6-7.

However, Locker is someone I do think we would pull the trigger on and although I personally am not amazed by his game, I would not go against the opinions of guys who are much more experienced at spotting talent than myself who are comparing him to Jake Plummer, and I would like a Plummer on our team.

Reminds me a bit of McNabb too. I'd be happy with Locker in the 2nd as long as we can get our hands on a C, NT and WLB too

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
alex_93 wrote:

Reminds me a bit of McNabb too. I'd be happy with Locker in the 2nd as long as we can get our hands on a C, NT and WLB too

Yeah, that must be priority, and I think a OG would be good too for depth if nothing else.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's crazy to see Jeff Maehl's name on these boards. He went to my high school and I actually know him. His number just got retired for our high school. Seen him at parties and such. Would love to see him in S&B. He simply makes plays.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few players that I would like to be on the Raiders:

Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
DeAndre Brown, WR, Southern Miss
Andrew Jackson, OG, Fresno State
Greg Little, WR, North Carolina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd. If one Locker, Mallet, or Cam fall to us we should pick one of them. If Jimmy Smith CB from Colorado is falls, he is gunna be a shut down CB. See him shut down AJ Green after torching the buffalos other corner. He has the least amount of WR targets on him in FBS. If none of them are around the best RG/RT availible.

3rd Kristopher O'dowd Cener USC if hes gone and we didnt pick a QB in the second I see Dalton being 3rd rounder or a late 2nd at best and would be a nice pick

4th Deandre Brown if he declares (falls since hes broke his leg 2 times now) or Best WR/RG/RT/C Depending obviously on what we picked in previous rounds, if we havent picked a QB at this point and Foles Declares he should be around in the 4th and depending who is on the board at RG/RT/C/WR would be a clutch pick.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done some scouting of a few prospects and want to share my opinions on them. I would appreciate feedback from anybody with any knowledge of these players.

Derrell Johnson-Koulianos, WR, Iowa: After watching this kid extensively I am very impressed with what I see. I think he is extremely underrated and is being overlooked because of the depth at WR in this draft. DJK has very good speed, pretty good size, and has loads of experience. The thing I like the most about him though are his hands. He snatches the ball effortlessly away from his body. Another big plus that sticks out to me are his routes. Because he has gotten so much playing time his routes have improved dramatically every season. He does a phenomenal job of setting up corners. He excels going over the middle, and this sets up double moves later on. He just knows how to run routes, and he comes across as a real student of the game because of his knowledge of the entire route tree. This is the type of guy that we need that should be around in the late third or early fourth round. He could be perfect for this offense because he would give us a sure handed WR that will go over the middle and make tough catches. He is reliable, dependable and overall a very solid football player. Be on the lookout for my top 10 WR prospects closer to the draft, I expect DJK to be on it.

Mason Foster, LB, Washington: Foster is by far my favorite LB in this draft. I didnt list him at a specific LB spot because I think he has the ability to play anywhere along the LB core. He has outstanding instincts and solid technique. He always seems to be around the football. He sheds blocks well, but will over pursue plays at times. One thing that always comes up with guys that play with little talent around them, is how good could they be with real players around him. I think Foster would benefit hugely with a defensive line in front of him that can take some pressure off of him. Look for Mason to go anywhere from the third to fifth round.

Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska: Allen might be a guy that has benefited from having a ton of talent on the defensive line with him, but he still looks like a good prospect to me. He has good technique and isnt a liability against the run. He has a good motor and seems to have been coached well. I think he is one of those guys that will make better pro players then college players because of his technique and ability to use his hands, as well as having even more talent around him. He isnt a guy that is going to make a huge impact right away, but with some guidance by a guy like Mike Waufle he could become a solid part of a rotation and become a good pass rusher. At this moment he is probably a 5th to 6th round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: