Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders College Football Scouting Report Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DEADstar


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 1043
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless Al Davis steps down and hires a GM, there is no point in even watching the draft. Al Davis has ruined football for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alex_93


Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 2574
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my take on one of my favourite prospects Dan LeFevour.

Positives:

Good Speed
Very Athletic
Makes plays with his arm and with his feet
Leader, tough, good work ethic and character
Goes through progressions
Has a good touch on the ball
He throws a very catchable football
Buys time in the pocket
Always looking down field
Can throw on the run
Decent production

Negatives:

Quality of competition he faces
Plays out of a spread
Has only average arm strength
Injury Prone?

I think this guy could be a very good pickup, providing you sign some more QB's and have a battle going on. If we get Carr, Smith or some other FA QB as well as draft LeFevour then I think his competitive edge could shine through as well as his athleticism. It also takes pressure of him. What I really like about this kid is that he has great touch and accuracy and great speed. That is rare, most running QB's have big arms but poor accuracy so he could be really unique in the NFL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stabler4HOF


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 506
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh..the title of this thread made me think maybe we were scouting for a football team we could actually beat. My bad...carry on..we'll just pick someone bad or ruin someone good.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsSH85OjSBQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
4EverA_Raider


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 286
Location: Orlando Florida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01qf9KhgfyeLc/340x.jpg
Since the start of this season i have fallen in love with tony pike. Hes 6-6 sneaky mobile, solid arm, good accuracy, moves well in the pocket and is a leader. Check out these highlights vs oregon st.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dk2-mN8A8I
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alex_93


Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 2574
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4EverA_Raider wrote:
[/img]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01qf9KhgfyeLc/340x.jpg
Since the start of this season i have fallen in love with tony pike. Hes 6-6 sneaky mobile, solid arm, good accuracy, moves well in the pocket and is a leader. Check out these highlights vs oregon st.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dk2-mN8A8I


Me too. Pike, LeFevour, Hiller and Tebow are all guys that I really, really like (in the second round) which is where I believe we should draft a QB if we are going to.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ROB GIZZLE


Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 3022
Location: Harbor Area
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnocNightowl951 wrote:
jfitz812 wrote:
CaribouLou wrote:
I'm not saying that we need to draft this guy, I am just saying that I like this prospect and I wouldn't mind taking him on this team. He isn't a raw talent that needs to have 3 years to develop; I think he could make an impact from day 1. Maybe not a big impact, but an impact nonetheless.

For round 1 I think that we should go RT. We have the worst offense in the NFL and it starts in the trenches. We have horrific RT play and if we could shore up that RT and RG spot we would be set.

My positions for need by rounds are:

Round 1: RT
Round 2: DT/DL
Round 3: CB (Stanford Routt is causing huge problems and giving up huge plays)
Round 3: QB
Round 4: OLB
Round 5: RG
Round 5: DL
Round 6/7: BPA on the offensive or defensive LINE. Try to grab a weapon with big play ability.


fixed


The Thing is that Al aint smart enough to draft like this. Sad

I keep hearing these mock draft pundits with their lil punchline smartass remarks saying that we either take Mays or Dunlap and it just pisses me off.


yea and last year when some cats projected DHB to us cuz he was fast as hell really pissed me off too,and look what happened Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
4EverA_Raider


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 286
Location: Orlando Florida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
4EverA_Raider wrote:
[/img]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01qf9KhgfyeLc/340x.jpg
Since the start of this season i have fallen in love with tony pike. Hes 6-6 sneaky mobile, solid arm, good accuracy, moves well in the pocket and is a leader. Check out these highlights vs oregon st.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dk2-mN8A8I


Me too. Pike, LeFevour, Hiller and Tebow are all guys that I really, really like (in the second round) which is where I believe we should draft a QB if we are going to.


Yeh i feel the same way. 1st. RT or DT 2nd QB 3rd RT/DT what ever we didnt take in the first
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
philzy


Joined: 06 Apr 2006
Posts: 793
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever runs the fastest 40 time at their position will be our pick. Al Davis is THE MAN! Brick wall
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alzado77


Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 505
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEADstar wrote:
Unless Al Davis steps down and hires a GM, there is no point in even watching the draft. Al Davis has ruined football for me.


Agreed!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 21731
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB round 1. We need a pro ready QB, not another project. We need to scrap JaBust and move on with a leader, worker and difference maker at QB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
4EverA_Raider


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 286
Location: Orlando Florida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
QB round 1. We need a pro ready QB, not another project. We need to scrap JaBust and move on with a leader, worker and difference maker at QB.


We have we to big of holes on the line to take a qb in the first that why we take tony pike in the second.[img][/img]
Russel is sadley going to start next year anyway
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14317
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEADstar wrote:
Unless Al Davis steps down and hires a GM, there is no point in even watching the draft. Al Davis has ruined football for me.


Thats the truth Ive learned that it doesnt matter how much talent you have they will only be as good as the HC, OC, DC and ST cord. Its doesnt matter who we get they could have all the talent in the world but you need a coach that will put them in a position to win. Thats the coaches job to get the most out of each player by using them in ways that maximize their output.

We have talent just nobody to put it together and make it work like a brand new LT1.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthDavis


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5213
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting Tebow in the second would really light a fire under JaMarcus's rather large exterior Laughing Could you imagine how pissed he would be? On soooo many different levels.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Al davis=0-16


Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Posts: 5577
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
Drafting Tebow in the second would really light a fire under JaMarcus's rather large exterior Laughing Could you imagine how pissed he would be? On soooo many different levels.


That would be useless.

Our coaching staff is too dumb to find innovated ways to use Tebow. ( Plus I think Tebow will be a horrible NFL quarterback)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
4EverA_Raider


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 286
Location: Orlando Florida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al davis=0-16 wrote:
DarthDavis wrote:
Drafting Tebow in the second would really light a fire under JaMarcus's rather large exterior Laughing Could you imagine how pissed he would be? On soooo many different levels.


That would be useless.

Our coaching staff is too dumb to find innovated ways to use Tebow. ( Plus I think Tebow will be a horrible NFL quarterback)


Me to he has the slowest release i have seen since leftwich
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group