Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miller,Carter, Likely to resign? Their agent thinks so

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Miller,Carter, Likely to resign? Their agent thinks so Reply with quote

Titans General Manager Floyd Reese has not had any major discussions yet with those players who make up the biggest part of the $23 million cap overage. He says this year's situation will allow for less options. "It's going to be pretty cut and dried," he said. "Either thumbs up or thumbs down. If somebody doesn't want to do a deal, we're probably stuck for the most part, and we go to the next plan. In the past we had a lot of options. We're a little more limited this time." Two of those players, DT/DE Kevin Carter and OT Fred Miller create a combined $23.29 million salary cap hit this next season. Many felt Carter ($13.97 million) would be asked to take a significant pay reduction and Miller ($9.32 millon) would be cut. The agent representing both is confident he can create a deal wich would allow both to retire as Titans four or five years from now and hopes to be meeting with Reese before the combine.
Burton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe we've been paying Carter that much, he's not even that good and he makes more than McNair.
TitansFan9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Carter is an excellent run stuffer, and a great leader, and every once in a while he'll come up with a sack. I think Carter is willing to work with his deal to help us with the cap. I would love to see Carter back next season. (As well as Fred Miller)
Burton

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying I don't like him, he's just making to much money.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter is going to take an enormous cut.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both will take a significant pay cut. Carter said he wants to retire a titan. And Miller knows that nobody will pick him up if he'c cut by the titans so i think he'll stay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: