Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Steelers @ Lions 1:00 p.m.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Steelers
89%
 89%  [ 26 ]
Lions
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

stillersenat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: GDT Steelers @ Lions 1:00 p.m. Reply with quote

Pittsburgh vs. Detroit!!!

The last time Pittsburgh faced Detroit, we won the Stanley Cup!!

Oops, my bad. Wrong sport.

Let's try that again.

(2-2)

vs.

(1-3)

1:00 p.m. (CBS)

Previous game:

Lions: The lions faced division rivals Chicago Bears. The Lions came out strong scoring on their first two possessions. But the bears had 2 passing TDs and a rushing TD from Cutler, add in 2 more rushing TDs, and a 102 yard return TD and that spelled the end for the Lions. Bears 48 Lions 28

Steelers: The Steelers faced the Chargers on Sunday night. The Steelers dominated most of the game, but then the 4th quarter reared its ugly head. The STs gave up a TD on a fumble during a return and the hands unit wasn't out when the Chargers successfully made an onside kick. The defense gave up 14 points on it's own letting the Chargers back in the game. But, Ben led the way accompanied by a great performance by Mendenhall. The offense racked up almost 500 yards offense.

Steelers 38 Chargers 28

Lion to keep an eye on:

Larry Foote. Foote left Pittsburgh via FA during the past offseason. And word is he's doing pretty good for his beleaguered team.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
greene91fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Pitt. If they keep playing like last week obviously they will win. Outside of the fourth QTR they played solid. I can't even begin to fathom what a loss will mean. We HAVE to string a couple of games together to get some momentum. I never thought I'd be this excited for a game against the Lions Rolling Eyes
coleman397

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the Pens reference...

Instantly, this was my favorite GDT.
greene91fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEYS TO VICTORY

OFFENSE

1. Continue the downhill running- Mendy did a great job last week recognizing the holes and making one cut and getting upfield. O-Line played damn near perfect. After watching the SD game again I was more impressed with Kemo's pulling

2. Mike Wallace-I heard a lot of grumbling about this guy in the preseason, not neccissarily on here. But dude has made plays; our 3rd WR against their 3rd CB should be a definate advantage.

3. In Ben we Trust-Man is on pace for 4500 plus yards(pipe dream I know). But he's slinging the rock like you know who in Indy and NE.

Defense

1. Ike- Taylor's played very well the last two games against big time recievers. Playmakers don't come any bigger than Calvin Johnson(6-4, 6-5 range) and he's got speed to burn.

2. Hit the QB- Not neccessarily sacks, but keep hitting their QB(legally) if it's Stafford or Culpepper(if he's even playing I dunno) and they will get rattled.

3. Safeties-Do NOT bite on the play action b/c their QB's have the arm strength to hit the long ball and the targets to catch them(CJ, BJ, Pettigrew).

ST

1. Change Field Position-shouldn't be a problem with Sepulveda

2. Hold on to the ball...Please
bbelan2343

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injury Updates; Polamalu practicing Wednesday

Quote:
“Troy has been doing well and progressing well,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “He may participate in a limited basis tomorrow in practice with a brace on in some individuals to see how he runs around and changes direction. Last week he ran some in a straight line to some pretty solid reviews. We’ll take another step and see where he is. Anticipate him participating in a limited fashion, in some form or fashion here, maybe as soon as tomorrow.”

Quote:
Rookie tight end David Johnson is expected to return to practice this week, something that Tomlin is looking forward to as he likes what he saw early on from the young player.

Safety Ryan Clark (lower back strain), linebacker Andre Frazier (right shoulder AC sprain) and Chris Kemoeatu (left ankle) will all be limited in practice early in the week.

Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!
greene91fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
    “Troy has been doing well and progressing well,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “He may participate in a limited basis tomorrow in practice with a brace on in some individuals to see how he runs around and changes direction. Last week he ran some in a straight line to some pretty solid reviews. We’ll take another step and see where he is. Anticipate him participating in a limited fashion, in some form or fashion here, maybe as soon as tomorrow.”

Quote:
    Rookie tight end David Johnson is expected to return to practice this week, something that Tomlin is looking forward to as he likes what he saw early on from the young player.

Safety Ryan Clark (lower back strain), linebacker Andre Frazier (right shoulder AC sprain) and Chris Kemoeatu (left ankle) will all be limited in practice early in the week.

I say that we need Troy. But only if he's 100% healthy. We can't afford to take anyone lightly, which I've probably said a bizillion times so if anybody is sick of it, I apologize.
SG3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start Mike Wallace please lol.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greene91fan wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I say that we need Troy. But only if he's 100% healthy. We can't afford to take anyone lightly, which I've probably said a bizillion times so if anybody is sick of it, I apologize.

And again the Steelers FO or medical staff aren't going to let its best player walk out on the field with out being fully healthy. So i fully expect him to practice this week, but be inactive during the game. But I do expect him to return and be cleared to play against Cleveland.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Mike Wallace-I heard a lot of grumbling about this guy in the preseason, not neccissarily on here. But dude has made plays; our 3rd WR against their 3rd CB should be a definate advantage.

I guess I should have said this with this point...Not that our #1 and #2 guy against theirs won't be Wink
RandomHero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of the Oakland game bag in 2006. This is a real trap game. I hope Mendenhall starts again, I could see another 100+ yard day Cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
This reminds me of the Oakland game bag in 2006. This is a real trap game. I hope Mendenhall starts again, I could see another 100+ yard day Cool

You bite your tongue!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Do not speak of that game or the 02 Texans game with Tommy Maddox when we dominated Houston giving up 47 net yards and lost 24-6

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Steelers could really rack up stats this game offensively and defensively. But the overall uncertainty of the teams 4th qtr play could make this game look more respectable then what it really is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
I think the Steelers could really rack up stats this game offensively and defensively. But the overall uncertainty of the teams 4th qtr play could make this game look more respectable then what it really is.

Anyone noticing Ben's stats this year???

He is on pace for...

416 completions

4,772 yards

the TD/INT ratio is bad right now but with big games against Detroit, Cleveland X2, KC I think Ben has a good shot at getting close to 4,000 yards on the year.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
superman 2000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I speak for most Lions Fans when I say you guys are going to cream us. Stafford is a game time decision so that means Culpepper will be playing. Yeah, compound that with the news that Polamalu could make his start in this game and I'm going to say....

PIT: 49
DET 14

I think I'm going to skip SC for a little while and PRAY this game will be blacked out so I don't have to witness the slaughter on the field. maybe we can bring a White Towel to the game for Jim to call a Mercy Rule.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
RandomHero wrote:

You bite your tongue!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Do not speak of that game or the 02 Texans game with Tommy Maddox when we dominated Houston giving up 47 net yards and lost 24-6

Oh, my.. I can't believe these games were brought up in the GDT!!

Of course they're thought about, but never spoken!!

Blasphemy!

Laughing Laughing
Morons at the dollar store are selling dinosaurs for a buck

Let's go Pirates!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: