You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is the future of this team at QB?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will it be when McNabbs done?
Michael Vick
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Kevin Kolb
39%
 39%  [ 19 ]
A future 1st round draft pick
50%
 50%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 48

eaglefan5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Who is the future of this team at QB? Reply with quote

I personally hope its VIck, and that Andy does with him what he did with McNabb

Best call of my life
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=348455- September 30, 2009
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even Tim Tebow, yes Tim Tebow, is more likely to succeed McNabb than Vick.

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve the Pirate....

....if not him, depends how Kolb develops, he is the key, could be him, could be a future 1st rounder.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty simple.

If McNabb wins a ring either this year or next, he gets an extension, finishes his career in Philly, Kolb gets released or traded, and we draft a QB to start learning the system.

If McNabb doesn't win a ring, he gets released in 2011 and Kolb takes over.

Stop talking about Vick as our future QB. He'll more than likely get traded after this season.

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry - Last seen robbing Philly of $47 mil
Rock_#5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it all depends on Donovan McNabb,If he Keeps playing at a very high level and we resign McNabb and Let Kolb hit FA thens its gonna be a 1st rounder. Otherwise Kolb.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
It's pretty simple.

If McNabb wins a ring either this year or next, he gets an extension, finishes his career in Philly, Kolb gets released or traded, and we draft a QB to start learning the system.

If McNabb doesn't win a ring, he gets released in 2011 and Kolb takes over.

Stop talking about Vick as our future QB. He'll more than likely get traded after this season.

Exactly how I see it.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vick has no future here. He's just here as a one to two year gimmick, with hope that he gains some trade value. Kolb, if anything, is the future. Most likely, he won't be able to get the job done and we'll end up drafting a guy, early.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kinda mad you put Vick on the list and not Kolb. Think With that said, I'd say Terrelle Pryor. Very Happy
Pitt_not_burgh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm not sure where to go with this one. I said a future 1st round pick but I think it's 50-50 between that and Kolb; Vick has no business starting for the Eagles after McNabb and I'm fairly sure we trade him after this season. If we had a legitimate 3rd QB on this team, i.e.- any player not named Vick, I'd say we'd ship Kolb out of here after this season too, but seeing as I'm saying Vick's going I think Kolb'll be around at least as long as next season cause ain't no way in hell Reid goes into the season with two brand-new backups behind McNabb.

Eagles Bird Watch: Mike Bell16 attempts, 28 yds, 0 tds; 1 rec, 5 yds.
eaglefan5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are underrating how good Vick could be. It won't be long until he gets his game back, and we'll see flashes of it this season. Remember McNabb was not as athletic as Vick, but he still relied on his legs A LOT when he first started, and look at him now. Vick has all the tools to be a great NFL qb, so why can't we do the same with him? The only problem I see with Vick starting is that he's only 3 years younger than McNabb, and I don't see someone as talented as Vick sitting on the bench until McNabb retires. I never said there was a great chance of Vick being the successor, I just said that that was what I hoped would happen, just cuz I love watching Vick play.

Best call of my life
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=348455- September 30, 2009
FlyinDawkins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglefan5 wrote:
I think you guys are underrating how good Vick could be. It won't be long until he gets his game back, and we'll see flashes of it this season. Remember McNabb was not as athletic as Vick, but he still relied on his legs A LOT when he first started, and look at him now. Vick has all the tools to be a great NFL qb, so why can't we do the same with him? The only problem I see with Vick starting is that he's only 3 years younger than McNabb, and I don't see someone as talented as Vick sitting on the bench until McNabb retires. I never said there was a great chance of Vick being the successor, I just said that that was what I hoped would happen, just cuz I love watching Vick play.

I think you're confusing "exciting to watch" with "being a good QB". Vick sucked before his two-year layoff. He's now 29 and will be nothing more than a stopgap QB for any team. He has maybe another two or three years (if that) before he loses a step or two and is no longer an effective runner. At that point, he's got nothing else to offer because he sucks as a passing QB. He's also a turnover machine with about 1 turnover (fumbles and INTs combined) for every TD scored (running and passing combined).

Turnovers = losses, and Vick does that too much to be the starting QB of a championship team.
Iggles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Future pick. Kolb's a backup currently and may end up being trade bait. Vick's not going to be a starter in an offense as complex as Andy's.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully our next coach in a year or two brings in his own guy.
ianlewis16

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglefan5 wrote:

Except good accuracy, decision making, pocket awareness etc. He just isn't a good enough quarterback.

Sure he was fun to watch when he was with the Falcons, but i would hate for him to be the starter on my team

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
eaglefan5 wrote:

Except good accuracy, decision making, pocket awareness etc. He just isn't a good enough quarterback.

Sure he was fun to watch when he was with the Falcons, but i would hate for him to be the starter on my team

I would tend to agree with you, but the guy's got one hell of an arm. He was in a system where they basically told him, to make one or two simple reads, if they're not open, just take off. So who's to say he couldn't if asked to, since, he really never was asked to. I'm sure he could be a very capable quarterback in our system. But we'll most likely never see it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: