Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders vs Houston
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pseudolynch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Raiders vs Houston Reply with quote

If anyone wants to talk about the game rather than JaMarcus Russell.

Call me crazy but I think Oakland has a real shot to win this game. If we decide to run the ball a lot this week, then I think we win. Houston's run defense and run offense is horrible. If Aso shuts down Johnson then I really believe we will win this game. It is time for McFadden and Bush to break out.

Thanks to PilamEngineer for the greatest sig!
Q-Pid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think we can win with that guy at the helm....hopefully he can prove me wrong but...he didnt last week and i dont see any reason why this week would b different....

"Tell him to man up next time and come across the middle like a man if he wants to be a complete receiver."
BayArea07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tom Cable actually decides to call a good game on offense. What the hell is this fool doing with the offense? I'm completely disappointed with Tom Cable so far. I haven't witnessed a bigger puppet head coach in quite sometime.

If Tom Cable decides to play it smart, and realizes that our running game is the teams strength, we might have a shot at winning. But this play-calling so far has been flat out horrible. Something needs to change, because he keeps trying to pass to setup the run, when it should be the other way around.

And I haven't seen opposing teams stacking the box as much as everyone's saying in trying to criticize JaMarcus Russell. On occasion, but not on a consistent basis. The Raiders simply aren't performing along the offensive line, as well as at RB. Things have to change, and they have to change fast on offense, or else we're going to lose.

And I'm not even going to comment on the defense. What a joke Al Davis is a defensive coordinator. There's no coordinating to his defense. He runs the same BS over and over again. Leaving LB's matched up on WR's? What an idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q-Pid wrote:
i dont think we can win with that guy at the helm....hopefully he can prove me wrong but...he didnt last week and i dont see any reason why this week would b different....

Because Darren McFadden fumbling 3 times, and there being absolutely no running game had nothing to do with the offense struggling.

Nothing has changed with our passing game. We've sucked in the past, and we still suck. What has changed with our offense is that our running game sucks too.

Tom Cable has the talent, but he's not getting it done. His head should be on the chopping block, because he's leaving a whole lot to be desired with both facets of our offense.

There's no way he should be offensive coordinator. No way. He called a GREAT game against the Texans last year. Not this year though. I haven't seem him call even a decent game yet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
If Tom Cable actually decides to call a good game on offense. What the hell is this fool doing with the offense? I'm completely disappointed with Tom Cable so far. I haven't witnessed a bigger puppet head coach in quite sometime.

If Tom Cable decides to play it smart, and realizes that our running game is the teams strength, we might have a shot at winning. But this play-calling so far has been flat out horrible. Something needs to change, because he keeps trying to pass to setup the run, when it should be the other way around.

And I haven't seen opposing teams stacking the box as much as everyone's saying in trying to criticize JaMarcus Russell. On occasion, but not on a consistent basis. The Raiders simply aren't performing along the offensive line, as well as at RB. Things have to change, and they have to change fast on offense, or else we're going to lose.

And I'm not even going to comment on the defense. What a joke Al Davis is a defensive coordinator. There's no coordinating to his defense. He runs the same BS over and over again. Leaving LB's matched up on WR's? What an idiot.

yeah cuz its his fault he had to dumb down a complete offense for someone, let me see you call a good game with only 3 differant passing plays so your QB doesnt become mentaly overloaded

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Doug Martin
RB: Ben Tate
WR: Wes Welker
WR: DeSean Jackson
WR/TE: Vincent Jackson
TE: Jimmy Graham
D/ST: SF
K:Stephen Gostkowski

BayArea07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderWarrior29 wrote:
yeah cuz its his fault he had to dumb down a complete offense for someone, let me see you call a good game with only 3 differant passing plays so your QB doesnt become mentaly overloaded

Yup. Because that's exactly what's happening. The rush offense is even being dumbed down for JaMarcus Russell as well because it's even hard for him to hand off the ball correctly. Just blame it on JaMarcus Russell when in doubt and don't have anything insightful to add to the conversation!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
RaiderWarrior29 wrote:

Yup. Because that's exactly what's happening. The rush offense is even being dumbed down for JaMarcus Russell as well because it's even hard for him to hand off the ball correctly. Just blame it on JaMarcus Russell when in doubt and don't have anything insightful to add to the conversation!!

LOL yeah cuz other teams have a hard time already figuring out the only thing we can do is run the ball, week 9 what are the Raider game plan 'run the ball' week 12 'run the ball' week 17 'run the ball'. you know its sad that you think you can talk down to eveyone cuz you're having a hard time dealing with Russell situation and we dont all praise your all mighty JaHova. The truth is time to take some classes about learning to accept people opinion or take a little of your own advice that you are quick to hand to eveyone else and "grow up' wait my bad are you going to play the race card on me now like you did to BP for placing blame where is blame is due the truth is JaMarcus plays like an NFL QB and Cable offense opens up and becomes alot better

BayArea07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't thrown ONE WR screen pass. Not one. We have the fastest WR's in the NFL!! What an effing joke Tom Cable has been so far.

This vertical passing attack style offense is flat-out garbage. Instead of making it easier for Russell, we're running go routes from our own end-zone.

Al Davis always sucks
Tom Cable has sucked
JaMarcus Russell has sucked
Darren McFadden has sucked
DHB has sucked

It goes on and on. Mario Henderson, Louis Murphy, Zach Miller and Michael Bush are the only players on offense pulling their weight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
We haven't thrown ONE WR screen pass. Not one. We have the fastest WR's in the NFL!! What an effing joke Tom Cable has been so far.

This vertical passing attack style offense is flat-out garbage. Instead of making it easier for Russell, we're running go routes from our own end-zone.

Al Davis always sucks
Tom Cable has sucked
JaMarcus Russell has sucked
Darren McFadden has sucked
DHB has sucked

It goes on and on. Mario Henderson, Louis Murphy, Zach Miller and Michael Bush are the only players on offense pulling their weight.

cuz he cant even hit a RB on a simple screen he either throws at their feet 2 yards in front of them or overshoots them like its who can throw afrther competetion. Make it easier on russel those 2 first game were the easiest your going to call it for a QB who cant hit screens, slants, or shorts out routes. the truth is the only passes that has shown he has a chance of making are go routes it doesnt confuse he simple mind knowing that all recievers just run straight, lol add a little turn into the route and russell gets all confused

BayArea07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderWarrior29 wrote:
BayArea07 wrote:
RaiderWarrior29 wrote:

LOL yeah cuz other teams have a hard time already figuring out the only thing we can do is run the ball, week 9 what are the Raider game plan 'run the ball' week 12 'run the ball' week 17 'run the ball'. you know its sad that you think you can talk down to eveyone cuz you're having a hard time dealing with Russell situation and we dont all praise your all mighty JaHova. The truth is time to take some classes about learning to accept people opinion or take a little of your own advice that you are quick to hand to eveyone else and "grow up' wait my bad are you going to play the race card on me now like you did to BP for placing blame where is blame is due the truth is JaMarcus plays like an NFL QB and Cable offense opens up and becomes alot better

LMAO. My bad, the play-calling has been up to standard and deserves no criticism what so ever.....

Cables offense has been opened up to throw deep and please Al Davis. JaMarcus Russell just ain't making the passes and the receivers aren't running the routes. Still doesn't change the fact that we should be running the ball a lot more, from a lot better sets.

Can you not grasp the play-calling aspect of football, or do you just choose to ignore it? Because I can guarantee you that any other offensive coordinator with a QB struggling like JaMarcus Russell chooses to make the game easier for him by choosing to get AWAY from the vertical passing game. Not go to it.

This should be a HEAVY running team. But it clearly isn't and hasn't been. But let me guess, that's JR's fault right?

And please pipe down on the race card BS. That's pathetic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayArea07 wrote:
RaiderWarrior29 wrote:
BayArea07 wrote:
RaiderWarrior29 wrote:

LMAO. My bad, the play-calling has been up to standard and deserves no criticism what so ever.....

Cables offense has been opened up to throw deep and please Al Davis. JaMarcus Russell just ain't making the passes and the receivers aren't running the routes. Still doesn't change the fact that we should be running the ball a lot more, from a lot better sets.

Can you not grasp the play-calling aspect of football, or do you just choose to ignore it? Because I can guarantee you that any other offensive coordinator with a QB struggling like JaMarcus Russell chooses to make the game easier for him by choosing to get AWAY from the vertical passing game. Not go to it.

This should be a HEAVY running team. But it clearly isn't and hasn't been. But let me guess, that's JR's fault right?

And please pipe down on the race card BS. That's pathetic

yeah it was on your part straight pathetic BS, and as far as knowing play calling i coach grown men so yeah i have just some lil insight, and its sad you just repeat everything and don't read anyone one else facts cuz everythign you just repeated was downed by what i wrote

Last edited by RaiderWarrior29 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Q-Pid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its hard to judge any1 when whenever some1 gets open they get overthrown.

"Tell him to man up next time and come across the middle like a man if he wants to be a complete receiver."
Q-Pid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any1 with a j russ sig can switch to mine if they want, just PM me

BayArea07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderWarrior29 wrote:
yeah it was on your part straight pathetic BS, and as far as knowing play calling i coach grown men so yeah i have just some lil insight, and its sad you just repeat everything and don't read anyone one else facts cuz everythign you just repeated was downed by what i wrote

Come again? Because the offense will become to predictable? That's what this team does best, and we're simply not featuring it like it's the best facet on the team. We aren't seeing the 8 men in the box defenses that everyone claims that Russell and this offense is going against. We're getting good match-ups to run the ball, but we aren't doing it. Because it will become predictable isn't a good answer.

Teams with great rushing attacks run the ball. Period. We aren't running the ball and we aren't running it effectively when we do. We're pounding Darren McFadden like he's Michael Bush, and aren't coming close to featuring him like we should. Michael Bush is clearly better at carrying the load, and we need to feed him the ball to wear down defenses, while McFadden provides the offense with a spark as a change of pace back/3rd down back. Either use Michael Bush that way, or bring Justin Fargas back, because McFadden can't do that right now. It's sad that McFadden has show that he can't handle the load, but that's what the reality is at this point. He needs to get the ball on the outside, and not up the middle. Especially if he can't hold onto the ball.

This rushing attack has failed, and that's due far more too Tom Cable than it is JaMarcus Russell. We NEED to run to setup the pass. We just need to. It does help when Russell completes passes, but we should be successful running the ball regardless. We ranked 4th and 10th in running the ball during our past 2 seasons. We're ranked 20th in the NFL right now.

We're hardly running play-action, and that's because the rushing offense isn't putting fear into opposing defenses, just like the passing attack isn't. Why give JaMarcus Russell favorable match-ups when Darren McFadden hasn't proven to be a threat on the ground yet? Why would they do that? They know JaMarcus Russell is struggling, so they aren't going to do him any favors, and they certainly aren't going to do this vertical passing attack offense any favors by loading the box, and leaving their CB's vulnerable to the deep ball.

You simply want to place all the blame on JaMarcus Russell, which isn't what I'm going to do with someone thing doesn't concern him. Bad play-calling, bad running, and bad bad player usage doesn't involve JaMarcus Russell. What concerns JaMarcus Russell is how he passes the ball, and if he hits open WR's. He hasn't done that, but throwing the ball from your own 1 yard line is flat-out stupid play-calling. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the Broncos had their SS Brian Dawkins playing deep on that play and not in the box like everyone likes to say opposing defenses are doing against this rushing attack.

This offense is sucking all over the place. Not just with JaMarcus Russell. Period.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know whats so funny about all this play calling BS?

jamarcus couldnt audible out of a play and call a good one if his life depended on it.

if he doesnt like the play, change it, or change a receivers route.

jamarcus has so much time on some of these plays. he just sits back there and waits too long and tries to thread the needle and its usually over or underthrown and late.

hes hasnt done anything to show me that hes improved in anyway. he still looks like a first year QB on the field. when jamarcus is easily the worst player on our offense, its hard not to put the blame on him.

sack up jamarcus or you'll be JaMarBust by the end of the year if not sooner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 1 of 31

Jump to: