Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SNF: Pittsburgh Steelers(1-2) vs. San Diego Chargers(2-1)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Pittsburgh Steelers
57%
 57%  [ 22 ]
San Diego Chargers
42%
 42%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 38

Author Message
Neumatic


Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 8169
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: SNF: Pittsburgh Steelers(1-2) vs. San Diego Chargers(2-1) Reply with quote

Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2) vs. San Diego Chargers (2-1)


Heinz Field October 4th @ 8:20pm EST




Last Week
Steelers(20) @ Bengals (23)
Chargers(23) @ Dolphins(13)


Keys to Victory
Pittsburgh Steelers
Arrow Play the full 60 minutes
Arrow Eliminate mental mistakes/maintain discipline
Arrow Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush
Arrow Play Calling on both sides...and Fire Bruce Arians
Arrow Defense must step up on 3rd and 4th downs


San Diego Chargers
Arrow Mistake Free football
Arrow Don't allow big plays
Arrow Capitalize on Pittsburgh's mistakes
Arrow Phillip Rivers
Arrow Pass Protection

Key Match Ups:
coming soon

Injury Reports :
Pittsburgh Steelers- coming soon
San Diego Chargers- coming soon

How about we move on from last week Anxious
_________________

Jamison. on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 10973
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...ahem...moving on.


The Bolts will be looking for revenge from last year. Without a doubt.
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34932
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAAAAAH SON! I'll be at this game Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must win game, no doubt.

Without Troy, we could have big problems.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 10973
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolts offense is putting up some points. Our O better do the same. Our D can't hold the fort all game long.


Time to activate Redman.
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Bolts offense is putting up some points. Our O better do the same. Our D can't hold the fort all game long.


Time to activate Redman.


What the hell is Redman going to do?

People have drastically overrated that guy.

If he gets a hole...sure, he can make things happen, but I could say that about all 3 of our current running backs too.

Activating Redman would do very little. Arians just needs to call better plays in certain situations and our receivers need get their heads in the game. The OLine is playing well, Ben is playing well, our RBs play well when given holes and ths offense moves the ball when its all clicking. It needs to click all game if we want this to get back on track.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SG3


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 8113
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way our secondary has farted this season and how the SD receivers make those double coverage catches all game...

We all will be bald by the end of that game if something on defense doesn't change.
_________________
< LOTO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 10973
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
Bolts offense is putting up some points. Our O better do the same. Our D can't hold the fort all game long.


Time to activate Redman.


What the hell is Redman going to do?

People have drastically overrated that guy.

If he gets a hole...sure, he can make things happen, but I could say that about all 3 of our current running backs too.

Activating Redman would do very little. Arians just needs to call better plays in certain situations and our receivers need get their heads in the game. The OLine is playing well, Ben is playing well, our RBs play well when given holes and ths offense moves the ball when its all clicking. It needs to click all game if we want this to get back on track.


He the hell might help the goal-line offense. Laughing
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
Bolts offense is putting up some points. Our O better do the same. Our D can't hold the fort all game long.


Time to activate Redman.


What the hell is Redman going to do?

People have drastically overrated that guy.

If he gets a hole...sure, he can make things happen, but I could say that about all 3 of our current running backs too.

Activating Redman would do very little. Arians just needs to call better plays in certain situations and our receivers need get their heads in the game. The OLine is playing well, Ben is playing well, our RBs play well when given holes and ths offense moves the ball when its all clicking. It needs to click all game if we want this to get back on track.


He the hell might help the goal-line offense. Laughing


The problem with the goal line offense isnt our RBs and it never has been.

I didnt mean to come across as brash, but that isnt the answer.

Its not even just our goal line offense its our red zone offense failing to put the ball in the end zone. Arians playcalling and lack of execution all around is holding that back.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
greene91fan


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 1751
Location: Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I remember, the SD Defense doesn't have Jamal Williams and may be without Merriman(I know he's probable but I can dream). That's two major players in their D and their absence should help get the running game on track even more. We should be able to air it out against their secondary as well. Tomlinson is questionable, so the D will be able to settle on the snack sized Sproles, I don't think SD's running game will be a problem. The Air attack on the other hand, if the D plays like it did the first 2-1/2 quarters we'll be fine. I don't think they can, but we'll see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SG3


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 8113
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greene91fan wrote:
From what I remember, the SD Defense doesn't have Jamal Williams and may be without Merriman(I know he's probable but I can dream). That's two major players in their D and their absence should help get the running game on track even more. We should be able to air it out against their secondary as well. Tomlinson is questionable, so the D will be able to settle on the snack sized Sproles, I don't think SD's running game will be a problem. The Air attack on the other hand, if the D plays like it did the first 2-1/2 quarters we'll be fine. I don't think they can, but we'll see.


Doesn't matter when our defense can't get the job done.
_________________
< LOTO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
greene91fan


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 1751
Location: Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SG3 Wrote:
"Doesn't matter when our defense can't get the job done."

I believe I referred to the defense in the original post.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34932
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redman?

Maybe they should give MENDENHALL a chance before Redman Confused
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pipes


Joined: 07 Apr 2007
Posts: 2849
Location: Berkeley, CA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god the Steelers don't have to play another 4pm game. Does anyone have the splits for W-L by gametime available?

Tomlin's Steelers have dominated at 1pm and during primetime, and have sucked at 4pm games.

Cincy this year
Chicago this year
Tennesee last year
Indy last year
NY Giants last year
Philly last year (I think)
at Arizona two years ago
at Denver two years ago
NY Jets two years ago (I think)

Pretty much all of the Steelers losses over the last 3 years have been at the 4pm timeslot. I have no idea why this occurs, but it is weird. Thank goodness for Sunday Night Football.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 10973
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipes wrote:
Thank god the Steelers don't have to play another 4pm game. Does anyone have the splits for W-L by gametime available?

Tomlin's Steelers have dominated at 1pm and during primetime, and have sucked at 4pm games.

Cincy this year
Chicago this year
Tennesee last year
Indy last year
NY Giants last year
Philly last year (I think)
at Arizona two years ago
at Denver two years ago
NY Jets two years ago (I think)

Pretty much all of the Steelers losses over the last 3 years have been at the 4pm timeslot. I have no idea why this occurs, but it is weird. Thank goodness for Sunday Night Football.


We had a lot of late games last year. I thought our 4 p.m. starts had a pretty good average. But I'm not sure off hand.
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group