Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders @ Jets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Raiders @ Jets Reply with quote

This week, the 4-8 Raiders will travel to New York to take on the 2-10 Jets.

Please discuss the game here.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders aren't starting Kerry Collins this Week. They'll have Tuiasosopo in at QB. The Jets have a very good chance at getting win #3 on the season. Go Jets!!
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djarret394 wrote:
The Raiders aren't starting Kerry Collins this Week. They'll have Tuiasosopo in at QB. The Jets have a very good chance at getting win #3 on the season. Go Jets!!

do u want reggie bush? either way its going to be a battle of the running games, and lets face it, i love curtis but with the o-line playing bad, and the jets run defense looking even worse, jordan runs for a buck-25 and raiders win like 16-9. i think curtis rushes for maybe 85 yrds and 25 carries and i think houston gets some time too. both QBs will be a non factor.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamont Jordan will run all over this defense, because imagine how long they've been on the field. They are exhausted by now I'm guessing because I think we've only won the Time of Posession battle once! These guys are exhausted and the Raiders have a young, speedy offense.

Lamont Jordan should play well and the Raiders passing attack should get into it no matter who the QB is because I guarantee you that this defense is wearing down. Especially after the beatings we've taken in 3 of the last 4 weeks.
Djarret394

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Djarret394 wrote:

do u want reggie bush? either way its going to be a battle of the running games, and lets face it, i love curtis but with the o-line playing bad, and the jets run defense looking even worse, jordan runs for a buck-25 and raiders win like 16-9. i think curtis rushes for maybe 85 yrds and 25 carries and i think houston gets some time too. both QBs will be a non factor.

If the Jets get RB that's fine, if not thats fine too. I just want to see a winning football team. I mean if we somehow won the last four games that'd be a great boost for next year.
Jrod8484

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont forget that Curtis Martin was downgraded to Questionable. I want to see the Jets get the 1st pick in the draft, but I dont know if its worth Marin not getting his 1,000 yd season. This guy is as classy a player as you'll ever see and I hope he gets it. He needs about 65 yds a game to get it.
NCAA BB: U of Arizona <Brandon Jennings '09>
NCAA FB: U of Arizona <Rob Gradkowski>
kjherrm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont sleep on Tui. The reason that the raiders demoted Collins is because he is playing terrible as well as the raiders O-line. Since Collins is not real mobile they are putting in Tui who is like a rich gannon type of QB to try to spark the offense.
Djarret394

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjherrm wrote:
Dont sleep on Tui. The reason that the raiders demoted Collins is because he is playing terrible as well as the raiders O-line. Since Collins is not real mobile they are putting in Tui who is like a rich gannon type of QB to try to spark the offense.

Yeah, but Collins has thrown for the third most yards in the league. Tui has been in the league five years and done nothing to date, so I don't expect that much from him. I hope the Jets win! I want a winning team!
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only want the Jets to win so the 49ers get Bush you dumb****. Don't get me wrong, I love Curtis Martin. He's the example of what a great football player should be. I never heard him saying anything hypocritical or detrimental to the team or football itself. He said he would take a paycut AND mentor a rookie runningback by telling them everything he knows and uses. Any rookie runningback, Bush, Williams, or Maroney should want to be drafted by the Jets because they'll be learning from one of the best that ever did it. But the gas in the tank is running low and it's clear we need a runningback.

I think we got an opportunity to win because Tui is inexperienced and could crack under the pressure of our blitzes. But if Jordan gets going and runs for more than 100 yards, it'll open up the opportunity for him to go deep for Moss. We gotta stop Jordan. As for offense, we have the potential to beat up their defense. Burgess may be the only problem since our O Line is terrible.

The only way they'll win is if Jordan gets going and they pressure Bollinger into doing mistakes. Also, offensive coordinators like to play it conservative with a young, inexperienced quarterback. If that doesn't work and they put Collins in to throw deep to Moss, we may be in a lil bit of trouble.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
recneps

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets are beating the Raiders. This marks the only time I feel angry because of the Jets winning a game. Bush is dissapearing into the distance.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the Jets winning. It felt wrong to root against them and if we get a true between the tackles runner like DeAngelo Williams I won't be complaining because he'll be able to learn from Martin much more easily then Bush.

I'm glad my prediction was so far off. I figured a Jets team this exhausted couldn't hold out.
Yankees05

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

recneps wrote:
The Jets are beating the Raiders. This marks the only time I feel angry because of the Jets winning a game. Bush is dissapearing into the distance.

The Jets wouldn't draft Bush anyway. They want to gather more picks and trade down, and they don't want to invest a ton of money into one player at this time.
kilahchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Gallery played a bad game yesterday.
If i recalled the Raiders had drafted him pretty high. I havent been following him how has he played so far in the NFL. Was he worth drafting that high.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: