Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kansas City Chiefs
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Kansas City Chiefs Reply with quote

since their forum is fired up and talking about it i think we should to.....time to move on and re group from monday nights let down and look ahead to sunday when we travel to arrowhead to take on the chiefs....will chaz return? if he does and flowers is still out i could see jamarcus russell having a big game....hopefully brandon myers and nick miller are back as well...i think we will be able to do some work against their defense with them being the 31st worse Run D after week 1 as well as the 28th worst pass D in the league after week 1...if our Defense plays like they did last night (little more blitzing and pressure though) and our offense moves the ball (stick with the run, return of chaz) i can see us winning by 10 or more....however KCs offense could give us some problems and its a divisional match up so i see this one being close....27-24 raiders. also hopefully we get to see mitchell a little bit, im also excited to see if branch can pick up where he left off
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a real reason why we can't beat the Chiefs although anything is possible. Hopefully there will be a Bush and DMC stampede, becuase i think they could pick up 100 yds each. Also I wanna see Jamarcus with some smarter reads or just please some more accuracy. If our D can get pressure and hold LJ in check along with our offense gelling this could be a blowout.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't have 2 starting rookie WR's we might just be able to blow this game up. DMC and Bush need to be the mainstay focus for our team, I think we should be as run happy an offense as the Cardinals are pass happy. I hate the 2nd down passes, keep on trucking up the gut! We need to blast straight into the heart of the defense. I can't wait for Chaz and Walker to be back in the starting lineup, our offense is going to improve incredibly. Louis Murphy is looking like a solid rookie for the slot as well.

I think our defense is going to have a great game against K.C.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders need to run run and run some more all over KC..

Use playaction to Miller etc.

If the Raiders DL played like they did last night they should beat KC.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
There isn't a real reason why we can't beat the Chiefs although anything is possible. Hopefully there will be a Bush and DMC stampede, becuase i think they could pick up 100 yds each. Also I wanna see Jamarcus with some smarter reads or just please some more accuracy. If our D can get pressure and hold LJ in check along with our offense gelling this could be a blowout.

Umm...that's exactly what the Ravens did and we still almost won. And...uhh...well....you guys aren't the Ravens. If week one is any indication, the Potato is gonna be running for his life and when pressured, he constantly makes mistakes. Personally, I believe that's gonna be the difference in this game. Also, we should get Cassel and Flowers back, so that will help us even more. Like most Raiders/Chiefs games, this should be a close one. But, obviously, I don't see the Raiders coming out on top.

BTW, and this annoys the crap outta me...a pet peeve if you will...it's "Chiefs", not "Cheifs". You did it twice in the opening post, so I know it wasn't just a typo.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
SanDiegoRaiderFan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Umm...that's exactly what the Ravens did and we still almost won. And...uhh...well....you guys aren't the Ravens. If week one is any indication, the Potato is gonna be running for his life and when pressured, he constantly makes mistakes. Personally, I believe that's gonna be the difference in this game. Also, we should get Cassel and Flowers back, so that will help us even more. Like most Raiders/Chiefs games, this should be a close one. But, obviously, I don't see the Raiders coming out on top.

BTW, and this annoys the crap outta me...a pet peeve if you will...it's "Chiefs", not "Cheifs". You did it twice in the opening post, so I know it wasn't just a typo.

I'm assuming you mean JR for us. Chiefs only got one sack last week (tied for 20th in league), Raiders only gave up one (tied for 5th best in the league) to a Chargers 3-4 that is superior to KC's in terms of pass rushing, IMHO. So I don't think JR will be getting much pressure. What he does with that time is another question. We may not have to pass very much anyways as the Chiefs defense was shredded by the Ravens for 198 yards and 4.8 yards per rush.

"I before E except after C"
alex_93

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Russell its all about confidence in the reciever. There is a reason why he hits miller for so many yards and why DHB hardly gets a touch. And with Russell playing one of his worst games, we still came close so imagine what we will do with Jrocket firing like vs the Texans.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

i still think the raiders'll win but you're right this should be close. btw, i spelled it correctly so you can't read because you spelled it right too.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...

Last edited by Silver&Black88 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
nickdawg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanDiegoRaiderFan wrote:

I fixed it. I like things to be aesthetically pleasing.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Umm...that's exactly what the Ravens did and we still almost won. And...uhh...well....you guys aren't the Ravens. If week one is any indication, the Potato is gonna be running for his life and when pressured, he constantly makes mistakes.

I didn't see him running much for his life last night against a much better Chargers front 7 so why should i expect more pressure against the Chiefs?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
SanDiegoRaiderFan wrote:

you fixed my post??
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
ryknowssd wrote:
Umm...that's exactly what the Ravens did and we still almost won. And...uhh...well....you guys aren't the Ravens. If week one is any indication, the Potato is gonna be running for his life and when pressured, he constantly makes mistakes.

I didn't see him running much for his life last night against a much better Chargers front 7 so why should i expect more pressure against the Chiefs?

yeah we handled Merriman and Phillips pretty well last night
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
i still think the raiders'll win but you're right this should be close. btw, i spelled it correctly so you can't read because you spelled it right too.

Uhh...no, you didn't. Don't act like you did. Your mod changed it. Moot issue now, though.

SanDiegoRaiderFan wrote:
I'm assuming you mean JR for us. Chiefs only got one sack last week (tied for 20th in league), Raiders only gave up one (tied for 5th best in the league) to a Chargers 3-4 that is superior to KC's in terms of pass rushing, IMHO. So I don't think JR will be getting much pressure. What he does with that time is another question. We may not have to pass very much anyways as the Chiefs defense was shredded by the Ravens for 198 yards and 4.8 yards per rush.

Yeah, I meant "JaKing" or whatever. That's just what I call him. The Chiefs pressured Flacco all day long on Sunday. He just showed great pocket presence, avoided the rush all day and JR doesn't have that same level of instincts. The Ravens' O-line is one of the best in the league, so if we can pressure him like we did, I have no question in my mind that we'll get plenty of pressure on Russell. I couldn't care less about what the Chargers did. I also agree that you guys could potentially have a big day against us on the ground. But, just try to keep in mind that Derrick Johnson wasnt starting (he was 3rd string, only on passing downs did he come into the game), but our defense was on the field for 45 minutes out of the game because our offense blew extremely hard in the first half. Because of that, our entire defense had pretty much played a full game worth of snaps by halftime and that's when the Ravens started racking up the yards. Our defense looked pretty good early in the game. So, considering that the Raiders' defense isn't anywhere even close to being as good as the Ravens, I don't see that being the case this week. I fully expect our offense to move the ball on a pretty consistent basis, therefore, I see our defense being much more rested...AND we should have our two best defensive players back on the field in Flowers and DJ.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!

Last edited by ryknowssd on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
nickdawg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
SanDiegoRaiderFan wrote:

you fixed my post??

Um, yeah...and the title.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickdawg wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
SanDiegoRaiderFan wrote:

you fixed my post??

Um, yeah...and the title.

ok jw because i was confused lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: