Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Heath Miller=AMAZING
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Detroit take Heath Miller With the 10th overall pick? please read below before casting your vote
Yes
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Trade down, but still take him
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
They shouldn't take a TE in the draft
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

LetsGoBlue3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Heath Miller=AMAZING Reply with quote

Heath Millers numers in his junior season(last year) he led his team(including WR's) with 41 receptions for 541 yards and 5 touchdowns (just last season). and as a 3 year starter for Virgina he re-wrote the UVA AND ACC record book for tight end recieving, setting records for most receptions(144), yards (1703) and touchdowns(20) in a career. Overall he finished second in Virgina history in receptions, seventh in yards and tied for fourth in touchdown receptions. he led the nations TE's(including last years 6th overall pick Kellen Winslow Jr.) in 2003 in receptions,with 70, and had 835 yards. He earned Freshman All-American honors in 2002 with 33 rec. 327 yards, and a ACC TE record 9 TD's. in short:

Year G Rec. Yds. Avg. LP TD RPG
2002 14 33 327 9.9 42 9* 2.4
2003 13 70* 835* 11.9 52 6* 5.4*
2004 12 41* 541* 13.2 54 5* 3.4*
Career 39 144 1703 11.8 54 20 3.7

* led team

I read this earlier today on UVA's website:
Considered the greatest tight end in ACC history, Miller was named teh winner of the Mackey Award as the nations best TE this past season. He was a unanimous first-team All-American, joining Jim Dombrowski(1985) as UVA's only unanimous All-Americans. He is also the first TE in ACC history to earn unanimous to earn unanimous All-America honors. Miller led the team in recieving this season with 41 receptions for 541 yards and 5 touchdowns.

I think that we really really really need to take him at 13,14(ala trade for pick 13,14 anda second rounder
A2Wolves6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a good scouting report on Miller

http://www.lionbacker.com/?id=articles&sub=050202-te-miller

Also, we would most likely receive a 3rd rounder if we moved down 5 spots, not a 2nd rounder.
Footballs Future member #10
amaru0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice report, I think the key line is "doesn't adjust well to poorly thrown balls." Have you seen our quarterback? End of story.
KJonesISsweet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: heath Reply with quote

he can a licky me wee wee i hate him. Pick up a vet. We need one look at our skill players offensively! all starters are young

1. Bubba
2. Freddie
LetsGoBlue3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
nice report, I think the key line is "doesn't adjust well to poorly thrown balls." Have you seen our quarterback? End of story.

Yes i have seen our quarterback. I also have seen our receivers drop passes that are right on the numbers. Come on, in a wesst coast offense you need a TE that can catch, on short routes, those passes are usually right on teh numbers.
KJonesISsweet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have u seen our QB? Joey is the root of all evil
amaru0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, we are running a modified West Coast next year to attempt to cater to Joeys delicate needs. That means more downfield throws, less dumps to TE. We already have a FB and RB's that can catch the check downs, and in Fitzimmons we have a solid TE prospect. Why draft a TE so high when we already have a potential steal at the position? And I'm telling you, the reason our receivers drop passes is because they are shocked when he actually throws it near them!

and KJ, how about adding Jermaine Wiggins to that list?
LION KING

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey Harrington has improve year after year with the wrs hes had I am suprized hes even still the starter because history has always pointed to the Lions fans to dump the qb no matter what if we are not wining after 2 or 3 years lol.

Scott to CHarlie to Joey to whom we need to get a TE yes thats a major target for any qb to do well and we need to get a better defense it dont matter how many points you score if u always give up 3 more.

I want Detroit to Draft all Defense myself but I like Miller at TE I could live with that pick if they traded down 1 to 3 spots and got him and an extra 2nd rounder then nab Shazor and Baas I would be smiling ear to ear.

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the love of god detroit needs to get better on the defensive side of the ball.

Joey is going to be just fine. It will be a break out year for the kid

detroit hasn't had a good QB in it's entire history, why in the world do you people have such high expectations for a second year player? Detroit fans should be so happy just to have a guy with potential that they'd give Harrington 5 years even to show if he's the guy or not...not like the Ford's didn't let Scott Mitchel waste the barry years.

Round 1 - Draft Def - either DE or FS

Round 2 - Draft the one you didnt' get round 1

Round 3 - lineman

--get your TE in FA, Miller is only the best of what's coming out this year, he's not gonzo/gates

later days-
amaru0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear this up, I don't have high expectations for "the kid." I knew he was a bust when we drafted him and was pissed for a good month at the organization. however, when a top 3 pick quarterback cannot come in and win games after 3 years, you have to move to plan B.

That being said, I agree, draft defensive. And under no circumstances draft Heath Miller.
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgs I agree with everything you said except:
Quote:
detroit hasn't had a good QB in it's entire history

Bobby Lane was a great Lions QB and that is what most Lions fans want in a QB, but like you said they don't want to give a guy a chance to develop. Alot of Lions fans would rather have a guy who had one good year (Scott Mitchell-past or Drew Brees-present) then wait to see if Joey can be the man.
goblue42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I like Heath Miller the Lions have to address their priorities at safety an the o-line, escpically if McDougle bolts via free agency. They have drafted on the offensive side in the first round 4 years in a row! I would like to get fsu cb, Antrel Rolle but I doubt he last. Even though he is a cb I think he would make an easy transition. I love Thomas Davis of Georgia too but its a liitle high to take him at 10. The Texans at 14 may take him though so we cant slide down to far if we target him. I would love to get Donvan Darious in free agency, he has some good years left unleft, unlike the Brock Marions of the world who was through before he ever put on a Lions uniiform. They may go TE in the 3rd round but safety and o-line first! We also need a #3 wr at some point too either in the draft or free agecny unless they bring Hakim back for less cabbage! I would like to see Baas slide to our 2nd pick he would be a nice addition to the o-line!
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my apologies Junior..i should have amended my statement to say 'in my lifetime' the lions haven't had a Good QB.

been a fan since 1980 and billy sims!
LetsGoBlue3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the topic of Antrel Rolle, he didn't go to FSU, he went to the U.(university of Miami, the complete opposite of FSU)[/img]
goblue42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LetsGoBlue3 wrote:
on the topic of Antrel Rolle, he didn't go to FSU, he went to the U.(university of Miami, the complete opposite of FSU)[/img]

Goblue42- My bad, I had Barron on my mind. I live in Florida so I have wathced him play quite a few games this past year. As far as Rolle he is a stud though not quite as polished as is predessor Sean Taylor, he has been likened to be in the Chris McCalister mode which isnt too bad! I would like to see us get him or Barron the left Tackle who is by far the best o-line prospect. Another o-linemane I like alot if we traded down about 10 spots is Elton Brown. He could step right in too but Baas is just as good but I doubt he last to #42. I really do love the Te Miller and wouldnt be dissappointed if we nabbed him but only if we address some other areas in free agency. He did have a sports hernia at the end of the season so I would want to check that out bigtime because we all know how Kalimba Edwards has preformed with that very same injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: