Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

State of the AFC East

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajiggle72

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: State of the AFC East Reply with quote

This will review the AFC east and the chances the Dolphins have to win the crown next year from strictly a personnel department.

NYJ

Notable FAs:

Braylon Edwards FA
Santonio Holmes FA - expect him to be the only one resigned
Brad Smith FA
3 of the top 4 WRs could be gone- expect a miserable year for sanchez

DE: Shaun Ellis FA
LB: David Harris FA
CB: Antonio Cromartie FA
They can afford to only resign 1 but will somehow resign 2 of these 3.

CB: Drew Colemen FA
FS: Brodney Pool FA
FS: Eric Smith FA
Jason Taylor FA

3 elite players could depart and with all the money spent on Revis cant resign all of them.

When 8 starters leave- 5 of them elite and you have absolutely no depth at OLB and DB ( lost 4 Dbs) with no money to spend on the future not heading in the right direction.

Prediction:
Expect a 8-8 down season with a above average running game terrible passing game and average defense.

NE Pats

Notable FA:

RB: Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis
RB: Sammy Morris
RB: Kevin Faulk
RB: Fred Taylor
OT: Matt Light
OG: Logan Mankins
Expect Green-Ellis and one other of the RB to be resigned. Matt Light is old, Mankins will be there big question mark.

DB: Kyle Arrington
Nice nickel CB- expendable though

The Pats do more with less than any other team.

Prediction:
11-5

Miami Dolphins

Notable FA:

QB: Chad Pennington
QB: Tyler Thigpen
RB: Ronnie Brown
RB: Ricky Williams
RB: Pat Cobbs
FB: Lex Hillard
OG/C: Richie Incognito
G: Nate Garner

It may seem like a lot but but offensively it was time for an overhaul and nearly all are expendable and can come cheaply. I expect Incognito, Garner, and Brown to be resigned.

NT: Paul Solia
DE: Tony McDaniel
LB: Quentin Moses

The two rotational guys could seek more playing time else where but Solia is Miami's biggest priority this off season.

Prediction:
9-7 with wildcard birth. The Dolphins have holes yes, but realistically they are one above average QB from being a great team, of course they have been that way since Dan's retirement.

Buffalo Bills:

Notable FAs:

LB: Paul Posluszny
CB: Drayton Florence
BB: Donta Whitner
FS: George Wilson

Buffalo will return nearly all of there 2010 team. Another year gelling they will improve and take the first step out of mediocrity. They will lose a good LB in Posluszny but will be a contender in nearly every game.

Prediction:
6-10

What do you think??

Last edited by ajiggle72 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with significant free agent departures, the Jets are still ahead of us as we are right now. The QB play is too appalling and we have no idea how it will be dealt with. We're a notch behind the Jets and three notches behind the Patriots.

FF Member #67
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pats are significantly better than us....but much of that has to do with their QB play. Throw in the fact that they have a BOATLOAD of draft picks this and we are looking at a solid team for some time.....so long as Brady is the signal caller i suspect they'll be very good.

The Jets, on the other hand, simply don't frighten me. Yes, they've made the Championship game twice now, but I believe they are not light years ahead of us. Their line play seems to me to be the key. If we match up in the trenches, I think they are very beatable.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but these kind of things don't mean much to me when they come from a fellow Fin fan, ya know. Bias and all that.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: State of the AFC East Reply with quote

ajiggle72 wrote:

Notable FAs:

Buffalo will return nearly all of there 2010 team. Another year gelling they will improve and take the first step out of mediocrity. They will lose a good LB in Posluszny but will be a contender in nearly every game.

Prediction:
6-10

Couple things here. 1st Donte Whitner will be gone at the end of this year.
2nd Paul Posluszny will most likely resign and won't be going anyway. Poz stated that he wants to get a deal done and wants to be here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
No offense, but these kind of things don't mean much to me when they come from a fellow Fin fan, ya know. Bias and all that.

Interested as to see what part of this seems bias to you- maybe the predictions but other than that everything is subjective if not fact.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajiggle72 wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

Interested as to see what part of this seems bias to you- maybe the predictions but other than that everything is subjective if not fact.

It was the predictions. And who are free agents may be fact, but who you think the Jets/Pats will resign doesn't carry much weight. Best time to be making predictions is well after the draft.

But hey, it's the offseason.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: State of the AFC East Reply with quote

ajiggle72 wrote:
Notable FAs:

BB: Donta Whitner

I hope the Bills will resign Posluszny, Florence and Wilson. Whitner can go ahead and walk for all I care.

ajiggle72 wrote:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if there is a big turnover in the roster. Gailey has had a year to evaluate what he has and Nix will continue to try to add talent via the draft and UDFA. I would also expect a bunch of role players via free agency. Your guess is as good as mine though. I think Posluszny is generally overrated, but I'd like the Bills to hold onto him since their linebackers as a whole have been pretty terrible, especially since the switch to the 3-4.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope we resign some of our guys, I cant see us loosing all those players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: