Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TT Texas Tech Football Thread TT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LORK 88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: TT Texas Tech Football Thread TT Reply with quote

Another Tech fan brought it to my attention that there's a few of us and no thread, so it was time to make one! After everything that happened last year from Crabtree's last second TD, to climbing the ranks to #2, to Leach finally signing an extension, it's time that this team got it's own thread just in time before the season really gets going! So here it is, the Texas Tech football thread for all of us Tech fans out there on FF!

TEXANS NATION LONGTIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
thesickness89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Michigan fan/ECU fan here, but Leach is honestly one of my favorite coaches out there

Judgement tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
jazzhands

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there next week to witness in person the massacre of the Pirate Raiders Cool
Mando323

Location: When you lose the chase where you're dragged against your will From a Basement on a Hill
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leach is the second most awesome coach behind Caroll.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect big things out of Taylor Potts this year. He's my sleeper fantasy pick that I can't wait to draft.

What's going to be TTU's best strength this year?

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
LORK 88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingsFan51 wrote:
I expect big things out of Taylor Potts this year. He's my sleeper fantasy pick that I can't wait to draft.

As long ast INTs don't count too much against you, Potts will be a good pick. He's more turnover prone than Graham was because he'll take more chances down field than Graham. As far as strengths on offense, the passing game will always be a strength as long as Leach is there. Detron Lewis will be the new go-to and the running game should still be balanced. The question mark will be the OL because they lost a good amount of starters. On defense, the LBs will be the big strength with Brian Duncan being the leader in the middle.

FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
titanzmojo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:

As long ast INTs don't count too much against you, Potts will be a good pick. He's more turnover prone than Graham was because he'll take more chances down field than Graham. As far as strengths on offense, the passing game will always be a strength as long as Leach is there. Detron Lewis will be the new go-to and the running game should still be balanced. The question mark will be the OL because they lost a good amount of starters. On defense, the LBs will be the big strength with Brian Duncan being the leader in the middle.

Although the line is somewhat uncertain, it is by far the highest recruited part of the team. With guys like Daniel Loper, Dylan Gandy, Manny Ramirez, and Louis Vasquez getting a chance in the NFL, it shows one of the strenghths of Tech.

The Potts to Lewis connection will be constant this year and the emergence of Batch will only balance this team out.

Jamar Wall is another guy who has a chance to make a significant impact.

PSN: Darwinz_Hero
LORK 88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanzmojo wrote:
LORK 88 wrote:
VikingsFan51 wrote:

Although the line is somewhat uncertain, it is by far the highest recruited part of the team. With guys like Daniel Loper, Dylan Gandy, Manny Ramirez, and Louis Vasquez getting a chance in the NFL, it shows one of the strenghths of Tech.

The Potts to Lewis connection will be constant this year and the emergence of Batch will only balance this team out.

Jamar Wall is another guy who has a chance to make a significant impact.

Agreed, the O Line typically is where all the highest recruits are and Brandon Carter is still there as well. They are replacing 3 starters however which is where the only concern would be. Batch is a stud and the passing game is always the strength so it's almost like O Line experience is the only main concern by default.

FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Taylor Potts but he really seemed on and off against North Dakota State. He seemed to not put enough on the ball and had a bad night with his accuracy. He seemed to throw the ball behind our receivers a lot on the bubble screens and such routes. I think he can improve and I hope to see him actually have a huge game against Rice. I just hope he is not like B.J. Symons in the fact that he throws 45 tds but 35 ints.

I am truly excited about our receiving core I think it is the best we have had from top to bottom in a really long time. Detron Lewis is going to the playmaker but guys like Adam James, Alex Torres, Lyle Leong, and Jacoby Franks are going to be our consistent threats. I am really liking the way Adam James and Franks have been progressing over the spring and summer.

Defensivley I think our front seven are going to be really strong with our linebacking core being the focus. Marlon Williams really came out like he has a chip on his shoulder and was all over the field making 10 tackles with two behind the line of scrimmage. Bront Bird and Brian Duncan both had good games and played coverage a lot better then they did last year. Rajon Henley and Daniel Howard brought the pressure off the edges which I was worried about when we lost B-Will and McKinner. I think Howard is going to have a huge year and I am hoping to see our d-line depth continue to impress. As for our secondary it was really lack luster Jamar Wall was a lock down player like he always is but everyone else was not was good. I think being the first game with three new staters they started off slow but with Texas being the third game I am hoping they catch their stride early.

I hope for a big year but not most people think Tech will have that kind of year losing all the talent we did. I think we are just as talented outside our secondary but if they catch on we have a chance at making a run for the big 12 title imo.

~kinetic~
LORK 88

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
I really like Taylor Potts but he really seemed on and off against North Dakota State. He seemed to not put enough on the ball and had a bad night with his accuracy. He seemed to throw the ball behind our receivers a lot on the bubble screens and such routes. I think he can improve and I hope to see him actually have a huge game against Rice. I just hope he is not like B.J. Symons in the fact that he throws 45 tds but 35 ints.

I am truly excited about our receiving core I think it is the best we have had from top to bottom in a really long time. Detron Lewis is going to the playmaker but guys like Adam James, Alex Torres, Lyle Leong, and Jacoby Franks are going to be our consistent threats. I am really liking the way Adam James and Franks have been progressing over the spring and summer. What's everyone's prediction for the game on Saturday?

Defensivley I think our front seven are going to be really strong with our linebacking core being the focus. Marlon Williams really came out like he has a chip on his shoulder and was all over the field making 10 tackles with two behind the line of scrimmage. Bront Bird and Brian Duncan both had good games and played coverage a lot better then they did last year. Rajon Henley and Daniel Howard brought the pressure off the edges which I was worried about when we lost B-Will and McKinner. I think Howard is going to have a huge year and I am hoping to see our d-line depth continue to impress. As for our secondary it was really lack luster Jamar Wall was a lock down player like he always is but everyone else was not was good. I think being the first game with three new staters they started off slow but with Texas being the third game I am hoping they catch their stride early.

I hope for a big year but not most people think Tech will have that kind of year losing all the talent we did. I think we are just as talented outside our secondary but if they catch on we have a chance at making a run for the big 12 title imo.

That's what I'm hoping too, There are quite a few new starters so hopefully it's just a matter of everyone getting on the same page. Rice shouldn't be a challenge so hopefully we can gain momentum going into next week for UT. Kind of random too but I actually played against their starting QB in high school.

FFGL 1 Champ = Team Lork
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I am not really scared of Rice my main goal right now is to bring a repeat against Texas. I think our secondary is going to be good once they gel and get the kinks out. I am hoping sooner rather the later that Will Ford takes over for Mitchem at safety.

CB: Jamar Wall, Sr
FS: Will Ford, Fr
SS: Cody Davis, RSoph
CB: LaRon Moore, Jr
Nickel: Taylor Charbonnet-Nathan Stone-

I think that right there could be a very productive secondary for us and I am really excited for Ford and Davis. Cody seemed a little to hesitant at times, you could see he wants to hit everyone hard but because of that he is usually a step off or slow. Everyone knows the strength of our defense right now is the linebackers and from the looks of it our pass rush I am just hoping it continues against Rice and Texas.

~kinetic~
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Rice is going to score a single point this weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone wanna pm me a stream for the game tonite.

Living in DFW, they would rather show UNT vs Ohio and Kansas vs UTEP.

ohiostate#1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanzmojo wrote:

Sorry, but as you can see by this topic, that is against the rules.

Quote:
As a result, linking to any site that streams NFL games is not allowed and is a clear violation of the terms of service and rules of these forums.

1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

Members who violate this rule will be warned and/or banned. Also, do not request or send these links via PM.

The same rules certainly apply for NCAA games.
titanzmojo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiostate#1 wrote:
titanzmojo wrote:

Sorry, but as you can see by this topic, that is against the rules.

Quote:
As a result, linking to any site that streams NFL games is not allowed and is a clear violation of the terms of service and rules of these forums.

1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

Members who violate this rule will be warned and/or banned. Also, do not request or send these links via PM.

The same rules certainly apply for NCAA games.

My bad. Just tryin to live.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: