Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2010 New York Yankees Thread (World Series Champs!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mission27


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 19516
Location: Miami
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Official 2010 New York Yankees Thread (World Series Champs!) Reply with quote

Other thread hit 100, so here is our fifth Yankees thread (I believe). That's gotta be some kind of record.

Previous Yankees threads:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18319

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=257504

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=296666

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=329782
_________________

thelawoffices wrote:
Last time I did my full body shave I didn't like it that much. The pre-pubescent child look didn't really do it for me.

#JDI


Last edited by mission27 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:34 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17927
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers' forum is on it's 14th 'This Ain't Packers Talk' thread.

Cool

BTW, I'll be going to all three games of the Yanks/M's series in September. Very excited already. I saw Joba/Fister and French/Mitre this last series, I'm hoping for a Felix vs. Sabathia/Burnett pitchers duel, or a Pettite/RRS lefty duel. RRS has very similar mechanics as Pettite, it's pretty uncanny.
_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mission27


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 19516
Location: Miami
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix vs. CC would be pretty sick. Or even Felix vs. Joba. In a few years, those two could be competing with each other for the Cy Young award.
_________________

thelawoffices wrote:
Last time I did my full body shave I didn't like it that much. The pre-pubescent child look didn't really do it for me.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17927
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mission27 wrote:
Felix vs. CC would be pretty sick. Or even Felix vs. Joba. In a few years, those two could be competing with each other for the Cy Young award.


Probably two of the more emotional young pitchers in the game today as well. Can be good or bad.
_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mission27


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 19516
Location: Miami
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great that we got Heathcott and Murphy signed. Also really excited about Graham Stoneburner. DES who hits 96. Potential steal in round 14.
_________________

thelawoffices wrote:
Last time I did my full body shave I didn't like it that much. The pre-pubescent child look didn't really do it for me.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buddy_z34


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 16166
Location: San Antonio, Texas
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

havent been in the Yankee thread in a while. they started winning when i went away. i'll keep the superstition alive and stay away. until playoff time.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18403
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the odds that Teixeria wins the AL MVP and a Gold Glove this year? I think he has a great shot at getting both.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18403
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddy_z34 wrote:
havent been in the Yankee thread in a while. they started winning when i went away. i'll keep the superstition alive and stay away. until playoff time.


No your staying away in the playoffs to. Do you want us to lose? Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigbadbuff23835


Joined: 22 Sep 2008
Posts: 8818
Location: NY
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
What are the odds that Teixeria wins the AL MVP and a Gold Glove this year? I think he has a great shot at getting both.


I also think he has a good chance at both. I could also see Cano and Jeter winning Gold Gloves. (Cano may be a bit of a reach but he has been great at 2B).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
quietjets


Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 12607
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Jeter and Teixeria's chances to win golden glove awards. I am not sure about Cano although media keeps saying he plays like a golden glove defender.

I dont see Teixeria win the MVP at all. Sorry.


ah, Yanks also signed southpaw DeLuca, a high schooler that can dial up to 95 mph. Stoneburner only agreed with Yanks.


Yanks ponder to bring Damon back for next season. Why not. There is no another good option in FA. Retaining him and Gardner emerges into a solid starting CFer next season may mean Jackson may be a trade bait for Halladay or Haren or even Webb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55795
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
What are the odds that Teixeria wins the AL MVP and a Gold Glove this year? I think he has a great shot at getting both.


He pretty much has the gold glove locked up. MVP is not happening, though.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
mission27


Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 19516
Location: Miami
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mauer is the AL MVP no doubt, but both Jeter and Tex deserve to be in the discussion. Jeter is 4th in WAR and Tex is 12th in WAR in the AL.

No one really touches Mauer right now, but those two should at least get consideration for some kind of votes.
_________________

thelawoffices wrote:
Last time I did my full body shave I didn't like it that much. The pre-pubescent child look didn't really do it for me.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarrelleRevis


Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 2739
Location: Hoboken, NJ
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really tired of people mentioning payroll as the reason for our success. The Mets have approximately a $150 million dollar payroll and look where they sit. The Chicago Cubs? $135 million dollar payroll and they sit three games above .500. Houston Astros? $102 million dollar payroll. Sure, money helps, but, this team has really began to develop some camaraderie that has not been seen since the dynasty days of 96-2000. Also, people really seem to forget that we actually DO have some homegrown talent. Did we buy Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Robinson Cano, Melky Cabrera, Andy Pettitte, Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, and Mariano Rivera? Wait, I don't think we did. Every team is guilty of trading for players/signing free agents. I fail to see the reasoning behind such egregious discrimination against the Yankees when other teams sign players to astronomical contracts.
_________________
Jets, Mets, Knicks, Nova


Last edited by DarrelleRevis on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Timbit


Joined: 24 Oct 2008
Posts: 4710
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe that site republished the post I made. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55795
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarrelleRevis wrote:
I'm really tired of people mentioning payroll as the reason for our success. The Mets have approximately a $150 million dollar payroll and look where they sit. The Chicago Cubs? $135 million dollar payroll and they sit three games above .500. Houston Astros? $102 million dollar payroll. Sure, money helps, but, this team has really began to develop some camaraderie that has not been seen since the dynasty days of 96-2000. Also, people really seem to forget that we actually DO have some homegrown talent. Did we buy Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Robinson Cano, Melky Cabrera, Andy Pettitte, Joba Chamberlain, Phil Hughes, and Mariano Rivera? Wait, I don't think we did. Every team is guilty of trading for players/signing free agents. I fail to see the reasoning behind such egregious discrimination against the Yankees when other teams sign players to astronomical contracts.


I can't believe you can make it out like it means nothing... If you have the most money you can buy the best players...
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group