Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Second day draft picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Second day draft picks Reply with quote

As it is now, I think we have 8. Although one seventh I think goes to Houston for incompetent punter Steve Cheek and the pick to Philly might be a 4th instead of a third. Let's assume we have seven. And assume with a comp pick we get a third round pick at the end of the round. I say we draft a linebacker first and DB's in the second and third round. Although if in the second or third round there's a better value at WR than at CB, I wouldn't blame them for drafting a wide receiver. On the second day, you go for depth and try to find some gems.

I believe on the second day you should always try to come out with a runningback and at least one offensive lineman. There is no sense in drafting all defensive players on day two, as you don't realistically expect a big impact. I say the Chiefs should look at Dan Connoly, OL from Southeast MO State. I think they should try to grab a running back like Anthony Davis or Frank Gore on day two for depth purposes. Looking at the Broncos the last few years has led me to conclude you should always draft a back on Day 2. And I'd say they'd be smart to look at safeties and linebackers in those rounds.
2TP3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the biggest 2nd day steal will be WR Jerome Mathis of Hampton hes got great speed and is built like Torry Holt.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2TP3 wrote:
I believe the biggest 2nd day steal will be WR Jerome Mathis of Hampton hes got great speed and is built like Torry Holt.

I think your guy Mathis is beginning to get recognized. Kiper referred to him when discussing sleepers. He said Mathis could be pushing his way into the second round.
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then who is the Juco kid he could still be a second day still along with McPherson QB

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
mh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Larry Brackins or Vincent Jackson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: