Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Topic: Abraham
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrod8484

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: New Topic: Abraham Reply with quote

You guys still think the Jets should trade Abraham. You guys are smokin something. He hasnt missed a game this year and he has done pretty good considering the circumstances. Bradway said that Abraham needs to prove he can stay healthy before they sign him long term.

Abraham is one of the top 5 DE's in the league if he is on an aveage team. Because the Jets are always behind, teams dont need to pass against us. They run all day. Thats why Freeny and Mathis are so dominant, because teams are always playing catch-up against the Colts and they cant afford to waste minutes running the ball. And Abraham can still get 10 sacks this year if he gets one in each of the next 4 games. That is impressive. There aren't much players that can do that when they only get 15 or 20 chances a game. Abraham needs to be a priority this off season and without him on the roster next year, the Jets D can easily go from top 10 in 2004 to bottom 10 in 2006.
NCAA BB: U of Arizona <Brandon Jennings '09>
NCAA FB: U of Arizona <Rob Gradkowski>
Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, they should only consider trading him if someone wants to overpay.
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans maybe questioning Abraham because we got Bryan Thomas waiting on the bench. We have lots of needs and a DE i guess is just not one of them. Shaun Ellis and Dewayne Robertson are pretty good pass rushers. I personally would like to keep Abraham in Green and White he creates literal hell for opposing quarterbacks, coaches, and lineman. Also Abraham hasn't been so great against the run. But a defense with Abraham and Vilma sounds tenacious and the duo make us known around the league. But Abraham may just be staying healthy because it's his contract year. And he's going to be 28 next year and that's not very young as Freeny and Mathis but it's not a big issue. Only reason I question Abraham is because he's usually injury prone and Thomas is waiting in the wings.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikeFootball05 wrote:
Fans maybe questioning Abraham because we got Bryan Thomas waiting on the bench. We have lots of needs and a DE i guess is just not one of them. Shaun Ellis and Dewayne Robertson are pretty good pass rushers. I personally would like to keep Abraham in Green and White he creates literal hell for opposing quarterbacks, coaches, and lineman. Also Abraham hasn't been so great against the run. But a defense with Abraham and Vilma sounds tenacious and the duo make us known around the league. But Abraham may just be staying healthy because it's his contract year. And he's going to be 28 next year and that's not very young as Freeny and Mathis but it's not a big issue. Only reason I question Abraham is because he's usually injury prone and Thomas is waiting in the wings.

If Abraham can prove himself by all means he can be a Jet but he's too often injured as a starter.

While I think he's a great DE, because of our cap issues we should really see if Bryan Thomas is worth the 1st round pick we gave to him because Donnie Henderson seems to like Thomas a lot.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abraham has been quiet all year. and bryan thomas has played alot better in his limited time. thomas isnt AS good yet and thats a given, but hes more reliable against the run and to stay on the field, and did a great job against the steelers in the AFC divisonal game last year. I love abraham i do, but when the jets could trade him for an arm like rivers, or a high draft pick to possibly pick up brady quin if the jets get bush or maroney/williams if they get leinart, that would be an amazing jets offense and would actually save them money.

Ive beent thinking about this alot. Its just horrible to see the jets score 3 points a game. a good QB/RB combo and this team is turned around.
Spiel612

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
abraham has been quiet all year. and bryan thomas has played alot better in his limited time. thomas isnt AS good yet and thats a given, but hes more reliable against the run and to stay on the field, and did a great job against the steelers in the AFC divisonal game last year. I love abraham i do, but when the jets could trade him for an arm like rivers, or a high draft pick to possibly pick up brady quin if the jets get bush or maroney/williams if they get leinart, that would be an amazing jets offense and would actually save them money.

Ive beent thinking about this alot. Its just horrible to see the jets score 3 points a game. a good QB/RB combo and this team is turned around.

Abraham hasn't really been quiet all year, but he's been double teamed alot and its certainly affecting the production of the others because guys don't need to double team our biggest DT that is Dewayne Robertson and they definitely don't need to double James Reed so Shaun Ellis and John Abraham get the brunt of it and both of them have had off years. But even Abraham could still achieve a 10 sack season this year with one in each of the final four games. He has 6.5 so far and Ellis has like 3.5. We definitely need a big DT to replace James Reed at some point.
shadow walker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the jets gonna re-sign him or not?

one of the great ones on this site
Jrod8484

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They better, he is now up to 8.5 sacks. Not to shabby considering Jets' opponents run against them over 65% of the time.
NCAA BB: U of Arizona <Brandon Jennings '09>
NCAA FB: U of Arizona <Rob Gradkowski>
maxd89

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we trade Abraham is he worth a 1st round draft pick
The NY Jets rule and will hopefully pick up Reggie Bush in the draft. Keep on winning Houston and Tennesse. I always want the Jets to win every game but i also really want Reggie Bush, he will be the best running back in history.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been saying it for weeks now, abraham will be tagged an traded and its for the best interest for the team. Jets proved they could play without him last season in the playoffs beating san diego and they shoulda beat pittsburg. abraham is worth at the very least a first round pick. the jets cant afford him and he has even said he hasnt played good enough to earn the money he wants. If you really want the jets to be a good all around football team abraham has to go. They will save cap room as well. Ive said it before and im saying it again, abraham will be tagged and traded, he will not get a contract. I wish it didnt have to be him and i wish it was ellis who was in this situation but the jets gave ellis a contract and abraham a slap in the face because he is the better d end. Oh well its just time to accept that.
Spiel612

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
i have been saying it for weeks now, abraham will be tagged an traded and its for the best interest for the team. Jets proved they could play without him last season in the playoffs beating san diego and they shoulda beat pittsburg. abraham is worth at the very least a first round pick. the jets cant afford him and he has even said he hasnt played good enough to earn the money he wants. If you really want the jets to be a good all around football team abraham has to go. They will save cap room as well. Ive said it before and im saying it again, abraham will be tagged and traded, he will not get a contract. I wish it didnt have to be him and i wish it was ellis who was in this situation but the jets gave ellis a contract and abraham a slap in the face because he is the better d end. Oh well its just time to accept that.

It was a really bad move but then again Ellis is rarely injured, but he's more of a 3-4 DE which is why in the 4-3 he's not the greatest pass rusher in the world. He's a good all around DE, but not explosive like Abe.
JetVilma51

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: keep abe Reply with quote

abe is an impact player, the defense is built around him and vilma if we give him up we need a great pass rusher to replace him
The Godfather

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will we get out of Abraham? I dont like the idea of trading for Rivers becuase he is still unproven. He may end up not being that bad of a QB in the future, but i dont think he is worth it yet. How high of a first rounder could we get for Abraham?

RIP Darrent Williams & and all of those lost at VT
schmieder44

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see them sign Abe and trade Ellis for a decent 2nd round pick. U wont get a #1 for him. Draft a RB, then a OL, and and another OL.
Spiel612

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Godfather wrote:
What will we get out of Abraham? I dont like the idea of trading for Rivers becuase he is still unproven. He may end up not being that bad of a QB in the future, but i dont think he is worth it yet. How high of a first rounder could we get for Abraham?

We could definitely get a 1st round pick for Abe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: