Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Herm?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrod8484 wrote:
What we did, in my opinion was the thing to do. Except, we should have traded our first round pick to two picks. The Jets know how to find players after the first two rounds. Chris Baker (3rd), Adrian Jones (4th), Jerricho Cotcherey (4th) Mark Brown (RFA), Eric Coleman (5th), Jonathan Goodwin (5th), Kerry Rhodes (5th). Jolley definately doesnt fit in our system and I personnaly think Heath Miller wouldnt fit in O either. He is a great young TE but the Jets need another Chris Baker type TE. One who can really block and also be a good reciever.

True, I'd be a big fan of Vernon Davis in this system. A great pass catcher who has shown he's a pretty good blocker.
maxd89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree he is a good coach but i think the franchise needs a new start. The team may benefit from new faces, e.g Marvin Lewis and the Benegals.
The NY Jets rule and will hopefully pick up Reggie Bush in the draft. Keep on winning Houston and Tennesse. I always want the Jets to win every game but i also really want Reggie Bush, he will be the best running back in history.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weeks win against the raiders made jets fans crazy, now knowing that reggie will most likely be a texan or niner. The win though, sumed up the coach herm is. The man has delt with 13 IR players this season, worked non-stopto get out another win for this organization. Yeah, reggie is gone, but now it looks as if the jets are going in the right direction and i will explain why.

Jets saw abraham look like a stud yet again. The jets have had talks about trading there 3rd (current) overall pick to san diego for philip rivers and SDs pick somewhere in the late teens early 20s. If that happens its more likely then not that the jets will draft a running back with that pick and make the right cap moves and restructure deals to make abraham a jet permanatly (an always make me contradict myself. i garenteed his departure). If this deal or a deal similar is not worked then i still see abraham leaving, but if the jets can manage such a deal, the jets are looking good, really good. The backs who will be available that late are most likely LEnDale white, LAurence MAroney, or even DeAngelo Williams, who knows who will fall, either 1 will be a featured franchise back the jets covet.

Herm has this team in the direction it needs to be in. Forgetting reggie bush will likely allow the jets to fill their holes and make the the right pay cuts. I think the jets might let some players go who may shock a surprise to you. for example the jets will give DEwayne Robertson an option (rescruture or goodbye because hes under achieved). same goes for ellis. Herm has had difficulties with the clock. thats a definate. but he prepares for a game excellant and gets everything out of his players, and that overlooks his faults.
Spiel612

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
This weeks win against the raiders made jets fans crazy, now knowing that reggie will most likely be a texan or niner. The win though, sumed up the coach herm is. The man has delt with 13 IR players this season, worked non-stopto get out another win for this organization. Yeah, reggie is gone, but now it looks as if the jets are going in the right direction and i will explain why.

Jets saw abraham look like a stud yet again. The jets have had talks about trading there 3rd (current) overall pick to san diego for philip rivers and SDs pick somewhere in the late teens early 20s. If that happens its more likely then not that the jets will draft a running back with that pick and make the right cap moves and restructure deals to make abraham a jet permanatly (an always make me contradict myself. i garenteed his departure). If this deal or a deal similar is not worked then i still see abraham leaving, but if the jets can manage such a deal, the jets are looking good, really good. The backs who will be available that late are most likely LEnDale white, LAurence MAroney, or even DeAngelo Williams, who knows who will fall, either 1 will be a featured franchise back the jets covet.

Herm has this team in the direction it needs to be in. Forgetting reggie bush will likely allow the jets to fill their holes and make the the right pay cuts. I think the jets might let some players go who may shock a surprise to you. for example the jets will give DEwayne Robertson an option (rescruture or goodbye because hes under achieved). same goes for ellis. Herm has had difficulties with the clock. thats a definate. but he prepares for a game excellant and gets everything out of his players, and that overlooks his faults.

I'd be really surprised if Ellis was told to restructure or get out. He just signed his long term deal last season. This is the 1st year of it so I doubt they'll make him restructure for underperforming after one year. They may ask him to give some money back to help fill other holes so this team can start winning again.

Right now I looked at the NFL Conference standings and if the season ended today we'd have the 5th pick in the draft.

And Ekill we contradict ourselves a lot because of the changing season. I'm about to do so as well. I believe that if we can get DeAngelo Williams with our 1st round pick we really should because Williams would be able to take more from Martin than Bush would. Bush will never be a "between the tackles" guy. He's one of the greatest finesse players ever in college football.

Look, if that Philip Rivers deal goes down thats great. I think he's going to be a special back. But I really hope we can pull of DeAngelo Williams. Personally I'd be rooting for a couple San Diego losses so that we can still possibly snag DeAngelo Williams along with Philip Rivers.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wed have the 3th pick due to strength of schedule greenbay and NO have stronger schedules. and thats a very nice pick to trade down with with the rivers deal or snagg leinart, who knows. Im in favor of the philips deal because i do want to keep abraham, i do. but if he has to go to get a nice back and draft leinart well, thats the business.
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we want to seriously rebuild our offense, I think trading to get Philip Rivers, drafting D'Brick with our first pick and getting another one somehow to draft DeAngelo would be a grand slam. DeAngelo is someone I wouldn't be scared for to get injured everytime he takes a hard hit. I think DeAngelo is the next Tomlinson, especially with a mentor like Curtis Martin, a rebuilt O Line, and an arm like Rivers, he'd thrive in the pros. Now we're playing for DeAngelo, D'Brick, AND Rivers. I don't really miss Bush, but the fact that he wanted to be in New York upsets me, the fact that he really likes our team and city. I hope DeAngelo says he wants to come to New York. I'll hope for Williams, and maybe...just maybe, Bradway will come up with some clever scheme to bring Mr. Bush to the East Coast.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
Spiel612

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
wed have the 3th pick due to strength of schedule greenbay and NO have stronger schedules. and thats a very nice pick to trade down with with the rivers deal or snagg leinart, who knows. Im in favor of the philips deal because i do want to keep abraham, i do. but if he has to go to get a nice back and draft leinart well, thats the business.

Incorrect. Our strength of schedule is .533, GB and NO are both .527.

San Fran is .586 so I hope that they win one more game.
ChrisDez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

ummm and where did you get all that information from because every website i seen has us listed with a weaker strenght of schedule than both of those teams? so im just wondering where you saw that. plus, GB is going to win this week. and hopefully SF beats houston giving us the second pick if we don't win again.
Spiel612

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisDez wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:

ummm and where did you get all that information from because every website i seen has us listed with a weaker strenght of schedule than both of those teams? so im just wondering where you saw that. plus, GB is going to win this week. and hopefully SF beats houston giving us the second pick if we don't win again.

NFL.com

I'm pretty sure they won't have incorrect information.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speil look at every other website the strength of schedule nfl.com has is totally off compared to every other website so i really dont know which one is right. Ill tell u why i think nfl.coms is wrong. jets were listed at 2nd before they beat oakland, and greenbay was listed 4th. both teams won playing a team with the same record, how is it possibly for the jets to have a stronger schedule?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: