You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2TP3's Chiefs Mock (trade possibilities, FA, Cuts )*edited

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2TP3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: 2TP3's Chiefs Mock (trade possibilities, FA, Cuts )*edited Reply with quote

Assuming the Eagles get our 4th and we get a 3rd for John Tait.

Draft
1.Channing Crowder MLB Florida
2.Justin Tuck DE/OLB Notre Dame
3.Antonio Perkins CB Oklahoma
3.Josh Bullocks S Nebraska
5.Jerome Mathis WR Hampton
5.James Kinney OLB Missouri
5.Ray Willis OT Florida St.
6.Walter Reyes RB Syracuse
6.Zach Tuiasosopo FB Washington
7.Stephan Lefors QB Louisville

Free Agency
CB Samari Rolle
OLB Brian Simmons

Cuts
CB Eric Warfield
CB William Bartee
CB Dexter McCleon
DE Vonnie Holliday
DT John Browning
OLB Quintin Cavar
WR Johnny Morton

Trade Possibilities
-Trade 3rd round pick to the Raiders for Phillip Buchanon and use 2nd round pick on CB.
-Trade 2nd round pick for Patrick Surtain or 3rd this year and 3rd next year for Surtain and draft CB in 2nd round.
-Trade 1st round pick(#15) and 5th round pick(Lions) to the Eagles for thier 1st round pick(#31) and 2nd round pick(Dolphins #35) and draft Kevin Burnett in the 1st round Justin Tuck with #35 and Barrett Rudd with 2nd round pick.

Last edited by 2TP3 on Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
KC Warpaint

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6.Kyle Eckel FB Navy

Now this choice has me stumped...why would you use a draft pick for
a man that has at least a two year obligation to the US Navy...(he would not be able to play for us until at least late 07 or 08....
2TP3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We wont need a FB for at least 2 years...Yo tango T-Rich en espaniol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, about the cuts, if we cut our three ""top"" corners, and draft perkins *Which I am for drafting him.. I think he has the physical tools toi be amazing* we wouldn't have enough, unless you plan to throw Perkins into the starting spot.. which I think is to much pressure, if we drafted Rolle or Jackson I can see them stepping up but I think Perkins needs a year or two at Nickle before he moves up. So that mean we keep warfield.. I know it sucks but, he isn't bad and with LB that can stop the run Welsley and Woods and start knocking guys out across the middle. I actually like the full back pick. I saw the Army Navy game, and the kid is amazing, he has feet, great balance, good hands, and he can block, and throw his body around great choice. Lefors is a steal at the 7th round. Simmons is old but sold on his run D. Crowder has probably the most potential out of the top 20 besides DJ and Tuck is a steal in the 2nd.... if this happened we could be bowl bound baby

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
KC Warpaint

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Eckel as well since i am a retired navy man, but i would use the pick for somebody who may be able to help NOW not two to four years from now if ever...
KCALLTHEWAY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but in the 6th round it is up in the air you don't know if they are going to make it... this way we have a FB when T-rich retires, which I hope he never does by the way

^^art by ryknowssd
Kansas City War Room
2TP3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i added trade possibilities but if we do the trade where we get Surtain or Buchanon we dont need Warfield, we replace Warfield, McCleon, and Bartee with Rolle, Surtain/Buchanon, and Perkins and throw Benny Sapp as the dimeback, not bad at all and Simmons could help with the progression of all the LBs and Rolle and Surtain could help with the progression of Perkins. The reason I have Warfield cut is because he is way over paid for what he does on the field and were gonna have to make room if we want Rolle, Simmons and Surtain. I too like Eckel but ive been getting flack for it so I put Tuiasosopo because T-Rich is getting old and the fact of the matter is that hes gonna have to be replaced in a few years so why not draft one now and develope him so he will be ready to start when the time comes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2TP3 wrote:
OK i added trade possibilities but if we do the trade where we get Surtain or Buchanon we dont need Warfield, we replace Warfield, McCleon, and Bartee with Rolle, Surtain/Buchanon, and Perkins and throw Benny Sapp as the dimeback, not bad at all and Simmons could help with the progression of all the LBs and Rolle and Surtain could help with the progression of Perkins. The reason I have Warfield cut is because he is way over paid for what he does on the field and were gonna have to make room if we want Rolle, Simmons and Surtain.

There's no way we can afford all three of those players no matter who we cut, greedy bastard Wink
2TP3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stranger things have happend...O.J. isnt in prison.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: 2TP3's Chiefs Mock (trade possibilities, FA, Reply with quote

i don't agree with cutting browning. he was one of the steady guys on the line. why not cut hicks and his big $$. cut maz loose,maybe keep him as a coach. trade sims also cut fujita , bartee, mccleon, battle, holliday,morton. i think warfield would be ok if there was a shutdown corner on the other side. he could get some help. he has good size
2TP3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: 2TP3's Chiefs Mock (trade possibilities, FA, Reply with quote

kcbamm wrote:
i don't agree with cutting browning. he was one of the steady guys on the line. why not cut hicks and his big $$. cut maz loose,maybe keep him as a coach. trade sims also cut fujita , bartee, mccleon, battle, holliday,morton. i think warfield would be ok if there was a shutdown corner on the other side. he could get some help. he has good size

Browning lost his starting job to Dalton and if we got a shutdown corner Warfield would get picked on even worse than befor if anything move him to nickleback hes too slow to play a #1 or a #2 WR, we probably wouldnt get crap for Sims and Fujita is a RFA, Battle is still young plus he was moved from S to CB comeing out of college and maybe he would have more success as a SS or a FS. If we cut Hicks that would be a huge cap his since he only one year removed of a new contract and Carl gave him a huge signing bonus which has to be paid no matter what and we cant exactly afford that.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: