Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Does Red McCombs ever acknowledge anything?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fartman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Does Red McCombs ever acknowledge anything? Reply with quote

Does everyone else notice that whenever there is a rumor about the Vikings, Red denies it? When he denied that he was going to renew Tice's contract in November, he denied. Every Moss rumor has been denied. These reporters can't be pulling rumors out of their butts.....can they? Hopefully he is close to a deal to sell, because this is getting rediculous.
Rippleforskin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's not supposed to make these things official. He wanted Tice to work for the contract, not just let him know he's getting it no matter what. A lot of GM's and owners deny things like trades and contracts in the NFL and NBA.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nykooo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that I would do the same and deny until it's officially done. He's in business for Christ sake and not with guys who want him all the best. Don't you forget that the NFL 32 teams are actual rivals. It's not friendly when you are dealing a player. You are trying to get the best for your team and you reach a deal when both team think they get the slight edge in the move.

Of course he could say :

"Moss is on the market."

What happens if there is no buyers or no valuable offer. You have a pissed off athlete because you have try to move him. It's better for the Vikings that McCombs denies theses rumors. It's not a Ricky Williams kind of thing were the guy actually royally screwed you. Moss is not a class act, we all can agree on that one. Still, I'd prefer him on my team than on the other side of the field. He may not be the best team player and for that I might move him. Until it would be done, I wouldn't speak with the medias about it.

Look what happened with Chris Hovan this year.

If I ever wanted something to go out there, I'd choose my guy too.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VIKEMAN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have to remember the relationship between "Red" and Minny media . Lets face it media hates McCombs he'll do anything to shove it up theres . Its gotten almost comical. "Fowler in exclusive rights agreement " Red says " "I dont even know the man?" But yet even today the reports are saying Taylor is waiting in the wings . NFL has said for Taylor to get ready to make an offer in excess of 545 million. This team is going to be so much better off when we have an owner that is interested in winning . Very Happy
Helter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taylor has two weeks left to get a deal done (crossing my fingers)
moss want to stay a viking , tice want him to stay a viking and moss is their top revenue seller which = $$$
the media will write what ever sells

moss in doing an interview on a radio show , so look for some talk
the media is reading what they choose into culpeppers interviews from the pro-bowl

I'd deny , deny , deny ... trade rumours and anything else until it is official

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: